Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Except he was asking me how to get Friendly Shao-Pan Assault rep without stepping foot into ToT Raid Finder.
    I would have thought that it would be obvious that his post was in keeping with the thread topic especially as he specifically mentions LFR drop rates. Ignoring the fact that a LFR player who does not meet the item level requirement to run ToT LFR is unlikely to want to join or be accepted by a guild that raids normal ToT, where is he supposed to find a trash run when none of the mobs give rep past friendly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else notice that the old raids eg vaults,Terrance,heart drop a lot more items than the new ones? got fully geared out in 476-483 epics within a week but did throne of thunder and haven't got a single item yet :S

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Tot since before it was released? I'm assuming you means ToES. Not saying there isn't or wasn't a problem with current tier LFR drop rates, but since 5.2 you pretty much have unlimited attempts at Past LFR gear and Galleon gear (I've gotten 60 charms a week before) At minimum he should be at 483 if he has any kind of decent playtime.
    Yeah, he typo'd. He has referenced a weapon from ToES earlier in the thread, and just swapped his acronyms.

Tot since before it was released? I'm assuming you means ToES. Not saying there isn't or wasn't a problem with current tier LFR drop rates, but since 5.2 you pretty much have unlimited attempts at Past LFR gear and Galleon gear (I've gotten 60 charms a week before) At minimum he should be at 483 if he has any kind of decent playtime.
    I did mean ToES, my bad. So many T raids. But if by "decent" play time you mean having enough time in the week to do enough LFR's to spend 60 coins, then no. No one in my life has that amount of time for a video game, sadly.

If by decent, you mean enough to run every LFR once a week and the ones with his biggest drops 2-3 times a week if he does nothing else in wow, then yeah he can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    I did mean ToES, my bad. So many T raids. But if by "decent" play time you mean having enough time in the week to do enough LFR's to spend 60 coins, then no. No one in my life has that amount of time for a video game, sadly.

If by decent, you mean enough to run every LFR once a week and the ones with his biggest drops 2-3 times a week if he does nothing else in wow, then yeah he can do that.
    The 60 coins thing isn't possible. The cap is still 20. But you should still have the time to do 4 lfrs in a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    So was the OP ever going to come back and contribute to his topic or was this just intended to be controversial?

Anyway, I don't see what the problem is. It took my LFR-hero Rogue months to even scratch 480, then I took my 466 Hunter in as a fresh 90 and walked out 482 in one week. RNG is RNG.

I don't get it. Why do you guys want the gear so bad on your alts? I mean, want it in general, sure, but want it to the point where you're getting upset when you don't get it is a little strange. I mean, is there a goal out there you're dying to achieve that you need new gear for? Is it just for the looks? Were you planning to dive into "real" raiding with your new found LFR loot and impress your group? I'm really failing to understand.

The drops are great. The only way to increase them would be to periodically guarantee the drops, in which case everyone and their mom would be geared out and be complaining about the lack of things to do in game. Blizzard knows they can't win in the end, but for now, I think we're in a damn good spot.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    The drops are great. The only way to increase them would be to periodically guarantee the drops, in which case everyone and their mom would be geared out and be complaining about the lack of things to do in game. Blizzard knows they can't win in the end, but for now, I think we're in a damn good spot.
    or add content that's actually fun enough to cause people to want to play without the incentive of gear 0o We spend so much time gearing but it's pretty much useless because it can't actually be used for hardly anything except helping you to acquire even more gear0o

The OP hasn't even really had bad luck. If he's killed every boss, every week since it's respective wing released, that would be 24 kills. I believe it's been stated that the expected drop chance is about 15%. 24 * .15 = 3.6. He got 3, and it is certainly not a significant sample size.

Coming from someone that used to do 40 person raiding in classic, 25 man in BC, 10/LFR in Cata, and only LFR in Pandaria -- the drop rates, especially of new content, should be few and far between.

The one that is making me upset is the legendary tokens Wrathion's quest though. The Wisdom and Power ones. Have run LFR every week since I hit 90 on December 3rd. Sitting at 23 Wisdom and 8 Power. Still haven't completed stage 1 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    The 60 coins thing isn't possible. The cap is still 20. But you should still have the time to do 4 lfrs in a week.
    You get 20, spend them, get 20 more etc etc. pretty easy to do actually and the actual amount you can obtain per week is unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I don't get it. Why do you guys want the gear so bad on your alts? I mean, want it in general, sure, but want it to the point where you're getting upset when you don't get it is a little strange. I mean, is there a goal out there you're dying to achieve that you need new gear for? Is it just for the looks? Were you planning to dive into "real" raiding with your new found LFR loot and impress your group? I'm really failing to understand.
    It's not really that hard. When you don't have a regular raiding guild because of time, schedule, having a life, whatever, you rely on pugs. All pugs usually only want people over X ilvl where X is powerful enough an Ilvl to make-up for any non-severe deficiencies in player skill. If regular mode raiding the main reason you play wow, since Cata you are limited to 1 raid a week doing the current stuff. To do more raids you need to have an alt with gear.

In wrath and Cata I raided regularly with my guild and I ran pug and alt-runs on my two alts. It was a real blast and it made me feel like I had tons to do in the game, in a way that daily quests, pet battles, scenarios, and LFR do not

You get 20, spend them, get 20 more etc etc. pretty easy to do actually and the actual amount you can obtain per week is unlimited.
    It's pretty unlikely to get that many keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    They are doing it in 5.3 more or less!

They are doing it in 5.3 more or less!
    They're not guaranteeing anything. They're making the chance get higher per consecutive run, but that will still equal a low chance from all they coins you used to get that increased chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    It's pretty unlikely to get that many keys.
    I've farmed an extra one and got a third in my dailies bag thing. A lot of people in my guild have gotten more than 1 a week since 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?

Weeks with out an upgrade... MAN that must've been fun. Yup.. Legit argument there. A valid argument would be the Valor gear to fill in the gaps, regardless of how terrible they are itemized.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I would have thought that it would be obvious that his post was in keeping with the thread topic especially as he specifically mentions LFR drop rates. Ignoring the fact that a LFR player who does not meet the item level requirement to run ToT LFR is unlikely to want to join or be accepted by a guild that raids normal ToT, where is he supposed to find a trash run when none of the mobs give rep past friendly?
    At this point, I have already had my suspicion confirmed that the term "really easy" was hyperbole with regards to alts under the 480 iLvL required for the ToT LFR, which is fine, because that is what I already thought was the case. I was just curious if there was something painfully obvious I overlooked.

It was since the original comment that prompted me to ask the question was in regards to avenues to use to catchup to 480, the "friendly and up rep" pieces from SPA can't really be considered as catchup options. (Once you have hit 480+, you can do the ToT LFR, so you have effectively already caught up)

The neutral piece, however, absolutely can.

Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    Weeks with out an upgrade... MAN that must've been fun. Yup.. Legit argument there. A valid argument would be the Valor gear to fill in the gaps, regardless of how terrible they are itemized.
    You know, it probably WAS a lot of fun.

And that is why LFR Raiders are complaining. The only fun part about it is getting gear.

10/25 man regular mode raiding is a fun experience. Coordinating with other people, contributing together to overcome the boss and execute flanking and positioning maneuvers. Blowing clutch defensive cool downs to save the raid, avoiding a dangerous mechanic.

Regular and heroic raiding is SO MUCH FUN. I get so much enjoyment out of just participating in it that if I don't get gear, who cares. Someone else in my group did and that will allow us as a group to progress together and accomplish more. And I get to congratulate them and it's a great time.

LFR is not fun at at all. It's 25 people who don't want to be there going through the motions one more time

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really that hard. When you don't have a regular raiding guild because of time, schedule, having a life, whatever, you rely on pugs. All pugs usually only want people over X ilvl where X is powerful enough an Ilvl to make-up for any non-severe deficiencies in player skill. If regular mode raiding the main reason you play wow, since Cata you are limited to 1 raid a week doing the current stuff. To do more raids you need to have an alt with gear.

In wrath and Cata I raided regularly with my guild and I ran pug and alt-runs on my two alts. It was a real blast and it made me feel like I had tons to do in the game, in a way that daily quests, pet battles, scenarios, and LFR do not
    I feel like I'm slowly going crazy trying to bring rational discussion into threads like this. Ok ok, hear me out. I know it sounds like lunacy, but give it a chance.

See, the people who have all that stuff going on and are for whatever reason not raiding on a schedule but still interested in raiding (I can't make that sound any less weird) at least know that their schedule is weird and will always be held back by their time restraints, right? Good, we're on the same page. That being said, they understand that it is going to likely take them much MUCH longer than normal raiders to gear up and that should not only be expected, but totally acceptable. Right? Or is this more of that crazy talk?

Ok, so that brings us back to my original point. The one about the self entitlement and people getting mad over the lack of drops they've done nothing to achieve outside of logging in and autoattacking for 45 minutes. Where did THAT come from? When did the community start feeling like the game owes them ANYTHING let alone a constant stream of upgrades for their non-raiding gameplay? On second thought, when did people start trying to defend and justify that sort of crazy talk? I feel like I'm lost, here.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't walk into ToT with 463 gear. You won't be able to walk into SoO with 463 gear. Where else do you propose people get gear from.

And also, it's not a rumor. There are blue posts. LFR is replacing 5-man dungeons as a catch-up mechanic.

The idea that new player and new guilds are interested or going to form and then jump into old content is a pipe dream, a fantasy. Not many new players want to hit 90 and then go do the old shit. If I had hit 80 when I joined in WotLK and had no avenue to get into the raids the rest of the playerbase was doing was go do old shit for months? I woulda quit and everyone I joined with woulda quit. Being able to quickly gear up and get into guilds doing the newest content was what enabled me to play wow and enjoy myself for as many years as I have.
    The same way they did it before LFR: crafted items (it is a guild!), rep rewards, and running a few of the earlier raids for some nice pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Theupsman View Post
    Valor gear has always filled in the gaps. Still does.