Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Question, don't really have time to watch it atm, is it a new Earthbound, or just SNES Earthbound brought to Virtual Console?
    its the snes earthbound

Deleted
    Ermagerd. new zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    This new Zelda is absolutely gorgeous. Growing up the the 2d topdown games I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what they can come up with using the 3D element to add to the dungeon puzzles.

This next month is going to be busy though, Donkey Kong and Lego City? Pity I'll be taken up with just Fire Emblem 3DS (woo free DLC!)
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Nintendo please.

Fire Emblem x SMT news.

Please......

Deleted
    Loved Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi's Island.

Finally an excuse to add to my 1 3DS game...

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    Nintendo is again going to design an entire game around a gimmick.
    I got sick of Skyward Sword during the first dungeon, because I hated all the endless motion control crap. I was happy to see a new LttP style Zelda game in the works, but then it seems it was designed around 3D and perspective changing. Gimmick. Is it too much to ask for a new Zelda game that doesn't rely on silly controls?
    I am glad we're getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 soon though, and that Bravely Default is coming.
    Gimmick?! Are you serious? The only company to actually evolve videogame controls for consoles, that have been stagnant for years, is accused of creating a gimmick? It sure is a weird world where developers that stay on safe paths, without a hint of innovation are praised, while others that try to evolve the medium are been looked down on. I guess we do deserve all the CODs we are receiving after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Gimmick?! Are you serious? The only company to actually evolve videogame controls for consoles, that have been stagnant for years, is accused of creating a gimmick? It sure is a weird world where developers that stay on safe paths, without a hint of innovation are praised, while others that try to evolve the medium are been looked down on. I guess we do deserve all the CODs we are receiving after all...
    It's the general reaction to change, people go nuts about even the most minor of changes, and when they finally try it most often they're like "Oh, this is actually pretty cool."

Same first time reactions to Super Mario Galaxy, which is now praised as one of the best games on the Wii. Same first time reactions to Metroid Prime, which is now considered one of the best games on the Gamecube. Same reaction as to every 2D game going 3D, especially during the N64 era. There's nothing wrong with being skeptic, but trying to be a little open-minded at the same time isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    nah baby mario and all

Cool, just saw the gameplay video, hoping this one is better than the rather underwhelming sequel on the DS. Seems like the 3DS is finally getting some interesting games.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-17 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    This new Zelda is absolutely gorgeous. Growing up the the 2d topdown games I'm seriously looking forward to seeing what they can come up with using the 3D element to add to the dungeon puzzles.

This next month is going to be busy though, Donkey Kong and Lego City? Pity I'll be taken up with just Fire Emblem 3DS (woo free DLC!)
    Fire Emblem has Free DLC?

what does that even mean lol
    It means that every console since N64 was a gimmick ridden toy compared to the rest of the console industry, where Nintendo has focused on said gimmick instead of pushing hardware capabilities. At the time when N64 came out, it was literally the head of the pack for gaming. The games were both visually superior and had a distinct development touch by all the developers who were making them.

But then they came out with the GameCube, where the focus was making a small system that could be taken to a friends house without having to lug around a bunch of stuff. So they sacrificed game quality and hardware performance for tiny form factor. Then they came out with the Wii, sticking with the motion control technology (and the ultra portable form factor again) to promote 'more interaction' between gamers and their games. Now they've released the Wii U where it has a sub par tablet for a controller. Once again, they sacrificed performance and quality to deliver on a gaming experience which could be shared between a TV and a Tablet screen.

You would think Nintendo would learn by now, and maybe go back to their roots of making powerful gaming machines that can compete with the likes of Playstation and Microsoft. Nope, instead they keep throwing gimmicks at their fan base in hopes that kids keep driving sales. What's even more saddening, is that their games are nearly all rehashes of previous titles, where they slightly increase graphics and add a couple more features, then call it a new game.

I loved me some old school Nintendo games, but the newer ones just don't do it for me anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    It means that every console since N64 was a gimmick ridden toy compared to the rest of the console industry, where Nintendo has focused on said gimmick instead of pushing hardware capabilities. At the time when N64 came out, it was literally the head of the pack for gaming. The games were both visually superior and had a distinct development touch by all the developers who were making them.

But then they came out with the GameCube, where the focus was making a small system that could be taken to a friends house without having to lug around a bunch of stuff. So they sacrificed game quality and hardware performance for tiny form factor. Then they came out with the Wii, sticking with the motion control technology (and the ultra portable form factor again) to promote 'more interaction' between gamers and their games. Now they've released the Wii U where it has a sub par tablet for a controller. Once again, they sacrificed performance and quality to deliver on a gaming experience which could be shared between a TV and a Tablet screen.

You would think Nintendo would learn by now, and maybe go back to their roots of making powerful gaming machines that can compete with the likes of Playstation and Microsoft. Nope, instead they keep throwing gimmicks at their fan base in hopes that kids keep driving sales. What's even more saddening, is that their games are nearly all rehashes of previous titles, where they slightly increase graphics and add a couple more features, then call it a new game.

I loved me some old school Nintendo games, but the newer ones just don't do it for me anymore.
    ah yes its about console power.. and nintendo sacrificed game quality? lmfao.. im sorry but i just cant take your post seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Fire Emblem has Free DLC?
    When it launches in Europe on Friday there's 3 DLC chapters being launched. You can buy them individually or as a pack.

The first one is free for the first month after launch, the pack being reduced in price during this time to reflect that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ah yes its about console power.. and nintendo sacrificed game quality? lmfao.. im sorry but i just cant take your post seriously.
    While I understand your concerns here, your response has traces of - beggin' your pardon - fanboyism. I'm a Nintendo fan as much as the next guy, and I like innovation - when it works. I wasn't a fan of the Wii controls, or the 3D thing going around once upon a time. Great on them for trying new things, really, but it's not for everyone all the time. They keep doing it so it's obviously the most profitable option, but that doesn't mean the people who don't like their going-ons can't talk about it.

Even the N64 had flaws. WTF was up with that controller?! Made playing 1080 a pain in the butt. Gamecube was fun though for the limited time I had access to one. Eternal Darkness was a great load of fun; and RE4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grahhhhh new Yoshi ommmgggg. The first one was a platformer masterpiece.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    I agree that Nintendo gets a lot of points for being innovative. I personally don't really like motion control, and absolutely HATE 3D (hard to follow action and makes me nauseous), but I have a lot of respect for Nintendo being willing to try new things. It's way more than the rest of the industry is doing.

yoshi island 3ds
    Very interesting stuff, it looks like the game will stay true to the original 1995 Yoshi's Island. The graphics seem to be a mix of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story. I like the improved animations aswell, and that extra feature at the end of the clip.

A pity that Donkey Kong Country 3DS is the same as the Wii one, which I already own and completed a couple of times on hard difficulties. Would like to see a sequel sometime, with the Kremlins returning as the main enemy.

My 3DS will finally get dusted off once games like Pokemon X/Y and Yoshi's Island 3D get released

New Zelda looks fun, as long as I don't have to move around with the stylus.

New Yoshi's Island looks really BAD. Animations look really stiff and robotic.

Deleted
    Link to the Past sequel?

Maybe I should invest in a XL 3DS soon... god I don't have enough money

But still: Give us a new IP! Please Nintendo, your IPs are always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    But then they came out with the GameCube, where the focus was making a small system that could be taken to a friends house without having to lug around a bunch of stuff. So they sacrificed game quality and hardware performance for tiny form factor.
    I'm just going to ignore the rest of your post for a minute and point out that the Gamecube was actually pretty powerful for its time. Maybe not as powerful as the Xbox, but I'm almost certain it had better hardware than the PS2 (Resident Evil 4 is the best example of that). Some of their first party games had great tech too (there's a neat Wind Waker breakdown you should look up, and Metroid Prime still holds up really well).
    Last edited by Duruka; 2013-04-17 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    While I understand your concerns here, your response has traces of - beggin' your pardon - fanboyism. I'm a Nintendo fan as much as the next guy, and I like innovation - when it works. I wasn't a fan of the Wii controls, or the 3D thing going around once upon a time. Great on them for trying new things, really, but it's not for everyone all the time. They keep doing it so it's obviously the most profitable option, but that doesn't mean the people who don't like their going-ons can't talk about it.

Even the N64 had flaws. WTF was up with that controller?! Made playing 1080 a pain in the butt. Gamecube was fun though for the limited time I had access to one. Eternal Darkness was a great load of fun; and RE4.
    • Pikmin
    • Ikaruga
    • TimeSplitters
    • Beyond Good and Evil
    • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    • Luigi's Mansion
    • Wind Waker
    • Metroid Prime
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Super Smash Bros
    • Prince of Persia
    • Twilight Princess
    • Soul Calibur II
    • Animal Crossing
    • Eternal Darkness
    • F-zero
    • Battalion Wars
    • Baten Kaitos

just some of the great games on GC.. im sorry but nintendo may not have the most games on a platform.. all of the time but it definetly has quality games regardless of the power its hardware has. So i dont care if i sound like a fanboy.. because i have the exact same opinions as a PC gamer.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-17 at 08:53 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    Nintendo is again going to design an entire game around a gimmick.
    I got sick of Skyward Sword during the first dungeon, because I hated all the endless motion control crap. I was happy to see a new LttP style Zelda game in the works, but then it seems it was designed around 3D and perspective changing. Gimmick. Is it too much to ask for a new Zelda game that doesn't rely on silly controls?
    I am glad we're getting Shin Megami Tensei 4 soon though, and that Bravely Default is coming.
    Better then rehashing the same game again. They have already remade A Link to the Past once, there is no need to do it again and to be quite honest if it's a new game with a new story, it's going to be worth playing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I'm just going to ignore the rest of your post for a minute and point out that the Gamecube was actually pretty powerful for its time. Maybe not as powerful as the Xbox, but I'm almost certain it had better hardware than the PS2 (Resident Evil 4 is the best example of that). Some of their first party games had great tech too (there's a neat Wind Waker breakdown you should look up, and Metroid Prime still holds up really well).
    The Gamecube was about 2 or 3 times more powerful then the PS2 and was only marginally weaker then the Xbox at the time of it's release. But the Gamecube had way better graphics in a lot of games as well.