Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Uhh feral is still John Madden if you're pushing good dps through trinket procs and DoC
    People who played feral/enha in wrath tend to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    enha in wrath
    It wasn't that hard, really. I remember it being fairly forgiving of small mistakes as well.

Feral, Warlock, Boomkin.

Min-maxing Feral is just as complicated as it was in wrath assuming you're actually trying to do EVERYTHING (Rune of Reorigination, Renataki's Soul Charm, DoC) correctly. No halfassing it either.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-05-17 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    It wasn't that hard, really. I remember it being fairly forgiving of small mistakes as well.
    that's because most of the damage output was related to autoattacks.
    yet, it was not such an "easy" spec if you wanted to squeeze the maximum out of it. buffs, debuffs, totems, cooldowns, mana... there were quite a lot of thing to manage along a gcd crowded rotation.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Assassination Rogue

There's a huge difference between one who mashes buttons and one who plans out their rotation 10+ seconds into the future.

I think Shadow Priest fits the bill well. MY guildie usually plays disc but we had him go shadow one week trying out a new healer. He was 20 ilvls below the rest of us but still did phenomenally well. I gained a whole new respect for spriests, but then again, I just think he's THAT good at playing his class.

To clarify the question, unless I'm an idiot. I think what the OP is asking is, assuming that all classes at the moment put out the same amount of dps for the average to good player playing them well, what class has the capibility to produce very high dps in the hands of an extremely skilled raider using the correct and probably not well known skills/rotation.

Deleted
    I would probably say afflication warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Warlock, though Demonology is much more forgiving than Affliction and Destruction.
    Disagree 100%. As a Warlock I find Demonology to be the most punishing alongside Affliction, with Destruction being the hardest to be punished for. Played well I think Demonology will give you the best reward, but I may be biased because I used to play an spriest so Affliction came fairly easy to me. As Demonology if you miss a Doom with UVLS proc by mismanaging the CD on Meta or trying to multidot with doom and missing it by a VERY slight amount, you will see a VERY noticeable dps loss. And imo you should only be playing Demonology with that trinket anyway.

To answer the question though, I'd say Feral or maybe Moonkin.
    twitch.tv/algekevin - 10m Warlock, with feral/monk alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    As far as I'm aware you can't really go OOM anymore as any dps class when playing properly. So probably Energy/Rage classes
    My warlock would like to have a word with you. Demonology and Affliction both run OOM, of course you got Life Tap but you will still find times during the fight having to Life Tap ast the worst times =/

OT: Warlock and Feral Druids imo. Warlocks was a given, of course once you get use to any spec, you will notice the rewards of high dps from any class. Although the maximum potential for a Warlock is higher than the other classes. You can distinguish the difference between a really poor feral and skilled on. But the skill for the reward. You won't always see the top of the meters though this patch.

I've played feral since mid BC regularly ranking on near every fight. So i think i know what im talking about. The base rotation sure is easier, but if you are pushing dps from trinket procs/doc/Tiger's Fury then it's just as complicated if not more so. In Wrath Ferals rarely worried too much about maximizing trinket procs with bleeds (especially in ICC when Armor Pen was the way to go) Now that the baseline is more simplified good Ferals found things to work harder on to get the most out of the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarielrdm View Post
    I think Shadow Priest fits the bill well. MY guildie usually plays disc but we had him go shadow one week trying out a new healer. He was 20 ilvls below the rest of us but still did phenomenally well. I gained a whole new respect for spriests, but then again, I just think he's THAT good at playing his class.
    He did well because spriest is probably the easiest DPS to play.

I'd say the Druid dps specs, or maybe aff lock.

If i read the question correctly, what class is reasonble strong when played well, but if played poorly tanks. The delta between topping it's dmg and ruining it. Any class that is heavy on cd usage. I don't know them all but you could start with Enhancement because unless the encounter matches up with cd's or you learn to time them accordingly, dps really suffers 25-30k drop. Boomkins and spriests seem pretty tough to manage and if you don't play them well, it's an ez 20k drop. I understand the warlock sentiment BUT even if you mess up you can remedy it relatively quickly, seemingly. You can't bring back a FE if you drop a searing totem accidentally.

The answer is Arcane / Frost mage. Correctly using time alter (a whole new mechanic no other class has), mana competency (the dmg from mastery is directly based on how much mana you have). Not to mention full rotation, buffs, and the fact that they both have insane theoretical DPS.

Deleted
    Classes with energy, rage, focus, runes/rp whatever you want to call it, classes that doesn't use mana.

The class I play.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeague View Post
    You can't bring back a FE if you drop a searing totem accidentally.
    That's just stupidity, though - not difficulty.

Ignoring current DPS rankings I'd agree with the rest: Either a class which has to track DoT power or a class which has multiple resources (DK/Feral/Monk - I would say Rogue, but lol)

I don't agree with Warlocks at all simply because of how much absurd damage they can still pull even if they mess up. I'm not sure Affliction being overtuned as hell justifies it for this case, especially with how easy it is for addons to help you maximize snapshotting. IMO enhancement shaman are one of the biggest pain in the ass classes to play to their theoretical maximums.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably have to say BrM is the hardest dps spec cause you have to do all the tanking stuff at the same time while your being the highest dps.