Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Close, tis will be mentoring System allowing for you to adjust Level as well as Item Level!
    this is what I think the "big feature" is. Ghostcrawler did say he wanted to implement a way to adjust your level and ilvl and stuff down so you could experience say, Molten Core, on your 90 but it feel like you're 60. all I hope is they implement it the right way, so that you can choose whether or not to have your stuff dropped or stay 90 and be able to solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    what? DS lasted like 10 months didnt it?
    Nov -Sep. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    sorry how is near empty AH on low pop servers fine? how is a near empty server fine? most of the complaining isn't even about the rare spawns its about resources leaking out of the economy.

Right now only high pop have an advantage over the whole CRZ thing while low pops are bleeding to death.
    every blind fool can see this -_-
    crz has nothing to do with low pop servers, its implementation had nothing to do with them, even if every realm was a high pop server it wouldve still been added because even high pop servers the majority of non endgame zones are empty
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by shynoz View Post
    Sorry sir , but imo this feels like the worst idea ever , doing old content the way it "used" to be its dumb , thats the same thing as re-working zones , what the game in my opinion it will be something new , i hope .
    Do you know how few of today´s players experienced vanilla raids, or most of the BC raids past Kaz? Yes, the forum-warriors will be in an uproar about rehashed content.. but a ton of players probably would love to be able to queue and do old raids with reason of how they used to be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Cross realm zones was only ever meant to address empty zones not empty realms and not empty auction houses and what you posted has NOTHING to do with what I posted but sadly typical from a CRZ ranter. You don't understand how the feature you bitch about works nor do you even understand its purpose. Why should anyone including Blizzard give a fuck what you and others think if you can't be bothered to educate yourself on what is "breaking" the game for you?
    im not an anti-crz person nor am i a pro-crz person so im just going to play devil's advocate. if crz's only function was to fill lower zones with people then what problem did that really solve? if not much has changed in the leveling process since i quit mid way thru cata then there really was no purpose to filling the low level zones other than to give players the illusion that the server was full.

there are virtually no group quests so theres really no reason to add people into a zone. thats just my opinion however

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    People need to stop saying it was a year or anything near a year. It was 8 months.
    DS launched End Nov, MoP was late Sept, that's actually 10 months and yes, it's pretty close to a year...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

You guys are thinking about this all the wrong way. If it is level scaling, then it wont be just for raids. It could be used to go to a zone where your friend is say a level 25 zone, and level with him while getting decent xp. Also it would allow people to do stuff like the scenarios from MoP, and dragonsoul lfr next xpac.
    I agree with you regarding group content going forward, and even possibly leveling us down to quest. But it is very unlikely that Blizzard would allow a lvl 86 character to scale down, do stonetalon mountains, and gain a level from 86 to 87.

im not an anti-crz person nor am i a pro-crz person so im just going to play devil's advocate. if crz's only function was to fill lower zones with people then what problem did that really solve? if not much has changed in the leveling process since i quit mid way thru cata then there really was no purpose to filling the low level zones other than to give players the illusion that the server was full.

there are virtually no group quests so theres really no reason to add people into a zone. thats just my opinion however
    because leveling in an mmo and never seeing other people leveling is fun? part of the fun of an mmo for new people is walking around and realizing all these people around you are real people, has it changed significantly? no but you tend to atleast see a few people, theres the chance to make new friends, it promotes people to be social by there actually being people.

low pop realms are a problem but they are an entirely different problem. crz was meant to fix the problem that the majority of people are at level cap and so the majority of all people are in pandaria or "insert next endgame place here"

crz made the world feel alive again and thats all it was meant to do
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its being able to down level your character (with gear scaling) so you can do level 60 MC raids etc. Its been hinted at for a while and in an interview GC made it was almost screamed into the mic.
    but I can solo almost everything already at level 90. what would be the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    what? DS lasted like 10 months didnt it?
    Yes, and thats why i said it lasted 8 months. Now you see why people saying it lasted a year get on my nerves.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be on the PTR "so fast" because this is the new pace Blizzard has on patches. Come on folks this isn't news at this point. Blizzard told us from the get go before Mop even launched that patches would move quickly and we are halfway through the expansion. The surprise at new content is getting a bit old at this point.
    Usually there's a month delay. Their talk sounds like we may have the official preview of SoO already the next week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Sure, anyone having an opinion that doesn't match yours is clearly "throwing a hissy fit." Because there aren't a million reasons CRZ is awful, right?
    1. too much pvp on pvp servers
    2. Can´t farm mats without competition
    3. Can´t farm rares without ompetition

Everything there is working as intended. The game was not designed for players to have a zone to themselves. The only ´reasonable´argument against CRZ is tagging quest mobs, which I think is used by people 1-3 above to make an excuse. I´ve never seen a zone THAT populated where questing is slowed down by other players killing mobs... and even then... it just takes it back to Vanilla where there were tons of players in those leveling zones..

Cross realm zones was only ever meant to address empty zones not empty realms and not empty auction houses and what you posted has NOTHING to do with what I posted but sadly typical from a CRZ ranter. You don't understand how the feature you bitch about works nor do you even understand its purpose. Why should anyone including Blizzard give a fuck what you and others think if you can't be bothered to educate yourself on what is "breaking" the game for you?
    It wasn't meant to do those things but one thing did do was give low pop servers resources to other servers. Which made low pop servers worse off. Thats fine it wasn't meant to fix those things but its not fine for it break other things while fixing nothing.

Wow, they've already resigned to the fact that MoP has been a massive failure and their trying to get it over with as fast as possible. Simply incredible.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because leveling in an mmo and never seeing other people leveling is fun? part of the fun of an mmo for new people is walking around and realizing all these people around you are real people, has it changed significantly? no but you tend to atleast see a few people, theres the chance to make new friends, it promotes people to be social by there actually being people.

low pop realms are a problem but they are an entirely different problem. crz was meant to fix the problem that the majority of people are at level cap and so the majority of all people are in pandaria or "insert next endgame place here"

crz made the world feel alive again and thats all it was meant to do
    is crz enabled on pandaria? again, im neither a supporter nor a critic im just genuinely curious as to how people look at it and feel about it.

i suppose having new players see and interact with other people while leveling is a good thing but if the crz isnt enabled on pandaria then once they get there theyre all all alone again.

The only way this downscaling thing is going to work out is if

1) There is a cross realm LFG queue for it

2) Transmog/Vanity rewards for completing raids whie downscaled

Both of those have to be in place for this to not be a total waste of time. Also if anyone is thinking that MoP level 60 MC will be the same difficulty as Vanilla level 60 MC, probably not even close. The game has changed so much that almost all the fights from vanilla-wotlk can be trivialized with new mechanics/spells added since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    That'd be the quickest gap between the end of an expansion and the beginning of the next.
    I think we can both agree that they have been doing a much better job with getting content out this expansion. I don´t think 6-8 months is out of the question between 5.4 and next expansion. End of March- Middle April.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and thats why i said it lasted 8 months. Now you see why people saying it lasted a year get on my nerves.
    im confused. i dont understand the point youre trying to make, im sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Wow, they've already resigned to the fact that MoP has been a massive failure and their trying to get it over with as fast as possible. Simply incredible.
    Sorry, I just read the entire interview and don't seem to find anywhere that's said.

You're making an excuse to justify your own opinion which you deem to be fact.

Please don't come into this thread just to bash with your own opinion.

Thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think we can both agree that they have been doing a much better job with getting content out this expansion. I don´t think 6-8 months is out of the question between 5.4 and next expansion. End of March- Middle April.
    I'm honestly just curious to see how much of the next expansion is already finished.

They've been working on it for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Or perhaps they're excited that their ability to produce content faster is producing content faster.