Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Was the ign versus video you posted before the results to this lengthy survey?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...console-survey

Survey itself took like 30minutes to fill out, so I damn well wanna see the results!!
    I don't think so I think it was a youtube voting setup like they have done before. I could be wrong I didn't even know it was going on until this video was posted on youtube.

But as I said I could be wrong I do good to remember my own name anymore lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-29 at 08:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    This is what I get from that article, look at the xbox 360 dashboard now there is maybe 1 ad now which isn't even an ad but an redirect to an informative page about the whole cloud thing or something. What you see is blocks with recommended games/dlc/sales and music/movies/apps in their own category.
    This is what I get from the article, I pay microsoft for a console, I pay microsoft for xbox live gold, I pay whoever for my tv sub and I still get advertisements...seriously what the hell, if I pay for gold I do not want to be seeing advertisements, I don't know what you expect people to do with this kind of information except see it in a negative light. I get enough advertisements rammed down my throat for things I don't pay for.

Deleted
    Adverts are adverts. I don't want to see them. I don't really care what they are advertising, unless it is a god damn sale for Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    WTF #@*@(#FKS..........

You do know comments like that are what cause's universes to explode right? Is that even a rule it makes no sense at all. Its like the chicken or the egg comment.

If you talk about the XboxOne discussion thread you are still on topic because its in the XboxOne Discussion thread talking about the XboxOne.

So really your comment makes no sense because talking about the XboxOne Discussion thread inside the XboxOne Discussion thread breaks no rules to sum it up....its nit picking.

I do get the point if you saying it tho its just odd sounding lol.
    well the chicken came first if you belive in evolution as something that was 1 or more chromosomes difrent than a chicken laid an egg witch contained a chicken that evolved from a what ever the thing was befor it and the egg would of been the things egg not a chicken egg as a chicken did not lay it. well this is what i have came up with while thinking about it in the past
    I Know My Spelling Is Bad so Live With it or dont and just die

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    well the chicken came first if you belive in evolution as something that was 1 or more chromosomes difrent than a chicken laid an egg witch contained a chicken that evolved from a what ever the thing was befor it and the egg would of been the things egg not a chicken egg as a chicken did not lay it. well this is what i have came up with while thinking about it in the past
    Well if you follow the evolution of the chicken back long enough to the point where you wouldn't classify the chicken as a chicken or even a bird (but probably some primitive reptile) if you stop classing that as a chicken then the egg came first as ancestors of chickens would of always laid eggs. So in this case the egg came first.

If you class all predecessors of the chicken as a chicken and go back really really far the organism that will one day lead to the chicken would of most likely reproduced by cell division. So if you would still class that as a chicken the chicken came first.

well i thought it was implied what was first the chicken or the chicken egg as just saying egg you could open it to all kinds of eggs not just chicken eggs as that were the wtf comes from the chicken being first that needs to be born from a chicken egg but how can it be first because a chicken must lay it
    I Know My Spelling Is Bad so Live With it or dont and just die

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This is what I get from the article, I pay microsoft for a console, I pay microsoft for xbox live gold, I pay whoever for my tv sub and I still get advertisements...seriously what the hell, if I pay for gold I do not want to be seeing advertisements, I don't know what you expect people to do with this kind of information except see it in a negative light. I get enough advertisements rammed down my throat for things I don't pay for.
    Like I said judging from the normal xbox 360 dashboard I don't think they will change much but I can be wrong. These advertisements are suggestions for things you can buy based on your previous actions. These kind of "advertisments" are not a negative thing in my eyes but if you really hate suggestions and seeing sales I guess that is up to you. Most of the time they raise awareness for me when there is a dlc or new arcade game out. Same with music albums or movies but I never really pay attention to that category.

If you don't know how the xbox dashboard looks like here is an example

eddit; that jpg is pretty old but I think it gives you a general idea.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-29 at 10:41 PM.

Ridethelight we don't really know exactly WHAT MS means by advertisements right now. But from what we can tell from their previous decisions it's probably not going to be a great positive.

I realize the MS bashing is getting old (and hell yes it is) and while I myself am more than likely going to pick up and xbone over a ps4 we have to accept that Microsoft's decisions have been extremely counter-productive as a whole. I LOVED their Cloud idea, I loved that there was family sharing. I'm actually quite fascinated by kinect 2.0 and with it coming with every xbone it seems to be attempting to encroach into Wii territory. But the blatant anti-consumerist policies and statements are what have been heavily putting me off the console.

Xbone had won me over already the moment I knew that all of the games I wanted on the ps4 were coming to xbone as well while xbone was keeping halo 5 as an exclusive. But I, and many other fans can only hold out so long before they break the camel's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Wasn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360? Yet most of the games on the ps3 would only run at 720p... and every game (not found one that doesn't) runat 1080p on the 360... proving that power literally means fuck all.. if you don't know what to do with it.
    Problem with the PS3 was that it was a PITA to access that power.

PS4 vs Xbone? They have pretty much the same architecture and function in general more or less the same way.

They more or less use the same damn processor and GPU, except the PS4 has 50% more compute units. The PS4 memory configuration is much less complicated than the Xbones - and we all know "more complicated" is bad for developers pressing for time as can be seen with the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ridethelight we don't really know exactly WHAT MS means by advertisements right now. But from what we can tell from their previous decisions it's probably not going to be a great positive.

I realize the MS bashing is getting old (and hell yes it is) and while I myself am more than likely going to pick up and xbone over a ps4 we have to accept that Microsoft's decisions have been extremely counter-productive as a whole. I LOVED their Cloud idea, I loved that there was family sharing. I'm actually quite fascinated by kinect 2.0 and with it coming with every xbone it seems to be attempting to encroach into Wii territory. But the blatant anti-consumerist policies and statements are what have been heavily putting me off the console.

Xbone had won me over already the moment I knew that all of the games I wanted on the ps4 were coming to xbone as well while xbone was keeping halo 5 as an exclusive. But I, and many other fans can only hold out so long before they break the camel's back.
    Yea we don't know what MS is going to do but I am not going to judge on their previous actions. Alright based on the dashboard I saw at E3 link, seems like they are just copying the 360 dashboard.

I can't deny that lately some of their decisions were crap but I feel like this is the same thing as the E3 demo's were running on high end pc's shit. People jump the bandwagon when they see advertisements, they think coca cola and whatever. I just give another explanation what it prob will be with the ads. But like I said before if you really hate suggestions about new dlc/arcade games/game sales then I can understand.

About the family sharing you will likely see it after the console has been released. They stated that they can't deliver that feature on release so for me it feels like family sharing isn't dead yet.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-30 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when I think of Microsoft and advertisement all I see is mountain dew and Doritos so of course I'm pessimistic.

Don Mattrick leaving Xbox for Zynga

Now for those of you who may have forgotten who Don mattrick is he is this guy.

Skip to the 1min 40sec mark.

I will admit I am not 100% sure if he 100% left MS/XboxOne for Zynga or is doing both but from what the video description say's he left So what are you though's on that.

Gamespot video description
    Jess reports on all the hard hitting news from the last 24 hours including Don Mattrick leaving Xbox for Zynga
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-02 at 12:25 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

As long as I don't see his face again. Nothing personal it's just his face.... it's one of those that you want to punch.

Anyway I doubt it's 100% jump ship. As a CEO what exactly does he do? Pay bills? Yell at people? Enforce illogical statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As long as I don't see his face again. Nothing personal it's just his face.... it's one of those that you want to punch.

Anyway I doubt it's 100% jump ship. As a CEO what exactly does he do? Pay bills? Yell at people? Enforce illogical statistics?
    I agree and personally I can kinda see him leaving MS if the work load becomes to much after becoming CEO at Zynga.

Microsoft refused to say anything on the matter from what the IGN video say's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFg1BaRWgfs

I agree and personally I can kinda see him leaving MS if the work load becomes to much after becoming CEO at Zynga.

Microsoft refused to say anything on the matter from what the IGN video say's.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFg1BaRWgfs
    By refusing to say anything you basically confirmed something is wrong so you might as well say it.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    By refusing to say anything you basically confirmed something is wrong so you might as well say it.
    Yep kinda why I think he was fired. Also in the IGN video they said he was considered to become the new CEO of EA. Now how funny would it be if he became the CEO of EA and then gave Microsoft the finger LOL.

I think Microsoft is just trying to get rid of all the bad PR "Him" and that is a good move if done right. I'm sure when he left "if he did I'm still not 100% sure" they gave him a NDA on why.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-02 at 01:50 AM.

Ceo's come and go all the time, every week some different executive is leaving some different game studio. Ceo doesnt really do shit except speachs and sit in an expensive office. And for all you quoting ign and gamespot everyone here knows and always says how bullshit thier stories reviews and sites are. People are just grasping for straws now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep kinda why I think he was fired. Also in the IGN video they said he was considered to become the new CEO of EA. Now how funny would it be if he became the CEO of EA and then gave Microsoft the finger LOL.

I think Microsoft is just trying to get rid of all the bad PR "Him" and that is a good move if done right. I'm sure when he left "if he did I'm still not 100% sure" they gave him a NDA on why.
    Can't say this really improves MS's image much.

The president of your yet to launch product just bailed on you.

Overall, it just adds another chapter to the "drama" that is the Xbone.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all knew Don Mattrick's vision for pioneering the future was Farmville 2.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Ceo's come and go all the time, every week some different executive is leaving some different game studio. Ceo doesnt really do shit except speachs and sit in an expensive office. And for all you quoting ign and gamespot everyone here knows and always says how bullshit thier stories reviews and sites are. People are just grasping for straws now.
    Right ... That's why companies with shareholders to appease pay them millions.

Your CEO runs the company, he is the head, the guy who sets the direction and has the final say on operations. You will want someone competent in the job.