Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    read the books/enjoy the movie thats coming out/ watch youtube
    And how dose doing any of that let me live in the universe more then playing wow........

also the movie has not been confirmed at all so at this point its a rumor.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It describes the genre.
    No, it doesn't.

Rankings (aside from PvP) were something a relatively small number of players invented and are something that a relatively small number of players care about.

I guarantee you in WoW the majority of players are perfectly happy never competing with other players aside from the occasional friendly same-faction duel or pet battle. And Blizzard loves those players just as much as it loves the competitive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    This is true, yet it is so wrong. I feel Blizzard care more about money than their game which is true.

Players get dumber every day instead of wanting to know what does this ability do, why does fire hurt and does intellect make my character smarter.
    i think someone needs a timeout

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    read the books/enjoy the movie thats coming out/ watch youtube
    There is other things than lore. Someone wants to progress the character, but have neither the skill or time to do heroic raiding, therefor they turn to LFR as a way to progress their character. Some wants to be the best pet battler. Some wants to do loads of achivements. Some wants to kill heroic bosses. Some only cares about WoL ranks.

People play the game differently. People get enjoyment from different things. Why on earth should we judge the way they find the game fun?

LFR gives us new ways to play the game. It gives the game a different angle for a lot of people. Why should you or any other dictate how they play the game? Why not just sit back, and play the game your way instead of complaining that Johnny Noshoes loves LFR. Unless your definition of fun is mocking others.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Numbers: in DS there were 500 000 normal raiders out of 10 million subs.
    That 10 million includes China. We have no data on how many people raid in China, since the tracking sites don't get data from there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Communication is a detriment to the game. Are you even listening to yourself?
    I said the tacit requirement for vent in some content is a detriment to the game. I didn't say communication is a detriment to the game.

They really are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post

I guarantee you in WoW the majority of players are perfectly happy never competing with other players aside from the occasional friendly same-faction duel or pet battle. And Blizzard loves those players just as much as it loves the competitive ones.
    I guarantee you the opposite. A large chunk of the players are PvPers, are you going to tell me that PvP isn't competitive?

I said the tacit requirement for vent in some content is a detriment to the game. I didn't say communication is a detriment to the game.

It isn't a detriment for most people. In fact a lot of people like getting into Vent with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like a snow ball rolling down a hill it picks up speed and gets bigger and bigger and that is what happening now. The newer play'er base dose not care who got server first and what title he has and those who have been around for so long and got to enjoy player's whispering them saying 'hey cool mount" just want that back and something to blame because it went away.
    I see no evidence that the typical player ever cared. Why should he have? It had no effect on him personally.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I don't buy enchants or gems or enhancements, I make them, and I'm too lazy and uninterested in relogging and mailing and all that to do it when I don't have to.

(I would actually consider buying some stuff but our AH is down to about 8k items and there will basically never be the right cheap enchant/gem on it or it will be posted for 500g by some tosser instead of the 5g it would be in a large economy.)

It's a 10-20% ding to my DPS/heals but I seem to do better than average anyway.

Now I twink out characters when I level them but that's just because I enjoy that.
    I can't even understand your train of thought. Too lazy to enchant gear because you have to relog? Dead server? Time to twink out my leveling alt?

You do understand every single problem you have every had in this entire game is very likely self inflicted.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even understand your train of thought. Too lazy to enchant gear because you have to relog? Dead server? Time to twink out my leveling alt?

You do understand every single problem you have every had in this entire game is very likely self inflicted.
    I'm happy to argue/discuss with you but you're not really contributing at this point. A couple glib sentences is not holding up your end.

If you expect to type thing out midfight and expect anyone to respond to anything I have to ask. Have you ever done ANY content outside LFR and simplified 5 mans where failure is highly improbable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guarantee you the opposite. A large chunk of the players are PvPers, are you going to tell me that PvP isn't competitive?

It isn't a detriment for most people. Just you and your antisocial needs.
    A large junk is not the majority.. The overwhelming majority is playing mainly PVE content. You find both, PVE on PVP realms (even in very high progression) and you find PVP on PVE realms.
    The numbers of hybrid players (for both) are very high..... The numbers for pure (PVE or PVP) are in favor of PVE players. Very few players play WoW for PVP only.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    I agree, I used to like this grindy game called Lineage 2. There was always something to aim for. Seeing well geared players, thinking "oh man, I want that" was truly awesome. Now... now everyone wears the same items, just different ilevel... and there's just no amazing feeling killing Illidan (in my case) when you already saw that boss on LFR, then that other trash difficulty, what was it? Flex? Then Normal... and then Heroic... There should be Flex Raiding and Heroic Raiding, that's it! AND those should offer different looking items, not just different colors.
    Exactly. The mystery and epicness feel of the game is removed and the game gets more and more like an arcade game. Back in the days I didn't raid and only watched hardcore guilds get bosses down. I actually looked up to these ppl with their epics and felt they accomplished something. I didn't feel bad because I didnt get to see the bosses in person. These players to me weren't some "special snowflakes" that some put it here, they were truly epic raiders. Why would I look down on them?

This is now all gone. Ppl are spoiled and cry like babies as soon as they dont get exactly the same gear like those "elitist nerds" who does heroics. They have lost all respec for the game and for the community and all they are about is getting fed constantly by new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I see no evidence that the typical player ever cared. Why should he have? It had no effect on him personally.
    Not saying it did what I was saying was the few who got those whisper's it cared to them to keep getting those whispers and now that they have stopped.....THEY ARE LOSING THERE MINDS
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

It isn't a detriment for most people. Just you and your antisocial needs.
    There are plenty of people who play the game by flying around doing peaceful things to relax. There are enormous numbers of them.

There are also plenty of people who don't like being on vent and there are numerous non-silly reasons why. My "antisocial needs," should they exist, don't figure into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not saying it did what I was saying was the few who got those whisper's it cared to them to keep getting those whispers and now that they have stopped.....THEY ARE LOSING THERE MINDS
    I still get those whispers from time to time. Much less than before though. Might be since I am the best Geared Windwalker on my realm

There are plenty of people who play the game by flying around doing peaceful things to relax. There are enormous numbers of them.

There are also plenty of people who don't like being on vent and there are numerous non-silly reasons why. My "antisocial needs," should they exist, don't figure into it.
    And this has no bearing on the fact that those same people also take part in various competition with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Exactly. The mystery and epicness feel of the game is removed and the game gets more and more like an arcade game. Back in the days I didn't raid and only watched hardcore guilds get bosses down. I actually looked up to these ppl with their epics and felt they accomplished something. I didn't feel bad because I didnt get to see the bosses in person. These players to me weren't some "special snowflakes" that some put it here, they were truly epic raiders. Why would I look down on them?

This is now all gone. Ppl are spoiled and cry like babies as soon as they dont get exactly the same gear like those "elitist nerds" who does heroics. They have lost all respec for the game and for the community and all they are about is getting fed constantly by new content.
    The hard truth.

Who said they stopped

Sometimes it's not even entirely about being "lesser skilled" at all. I don't see why people feel that's the ONLY reason LFR exists. I, myself, am in a guild full of people I'm comfortable with. We used to raid in Wrath and Cata, and then everyone's life took a different turn of events. Some people went into the army, some people moved to other towns, some people quit the game, some people got pregnant, etc. In the end only a handful of people wanted to raid in the end of Cataclysm, up until now. those few people joined another raid group, and I didn't particularly care for some of the rude people in that new group. So now I mostly stay "casual" by doing things I've always liked - pet collecting, mount collecting, achievements, etc. This has now extended into LFR and trying out Challenge Modes.

For me, it's not even that I'm "not skilled" to do normal raiding at all. I understand the mechanics, and I know how to play my classes. I just don't want to do any more regular raiding with the resources I have available. Could I pug? Yes, but the experience is essentially the same as LFR - strangers I may or may not enjoy being around. For many other people I know, they simply don't have the time to do regular raiding, so they do LFR when they can. I also know people who do normal and heroic raids, and they still do LFR to get gear for looks or even for an item they haven't had any luck on in normal or heroic for item level or stats. "Why even do LFR at all?" you might ask. Great question! I enjoy seeing the content first-hand and seeing the lore. I enjoy the looks of the gear as well. I could, in essence, just watch a video or read about it all, but that's not as much fun for me.

I can honestly say I never see any people complaining about things being too hard, or people DEMANDING for the same gear as normal raiders. Ever. I see far more elitists complaining about other people getting gear similar to them, or doing content they've already done and how they shouldn't have it because the elitists had it first. I see FAR MORE people insulting people who do LFR as if their experience in WoW is any of their business. It's never an issue of "gimme epics because I pay $15 bucks a month" in the first place - that is just a smaller reason that is more on Blizzard's end. They're happy with more people seeing their content, and people who do LFR are happy they're having a raiding experience in WoW.

If many of you are so much better than LFR - and the people who do it - then why do you care at all about what anyone else does? If you don't do LFR, why insult those that do? What's the point of that? Do you complain when someone else has a transmog set of gear you had in TBC?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you expect to type thing out midfight and expect anyone to respond to anything I have to ask. Have you ever done ANY content outside LFR and simplified 5 mans where failure is highly improbable?
    The fact that it's awkward to type things out during a fight doesn't mean difficult content must be accompanied with voice chat.

The fact that there isn't an interesting and functional alternative to voice chat in the game, or that voice chat is de facto required by some encounters, is, in my view, a failing of the game.

If you think that voice chat is the only way to resolve communication requirements within busy encounters, then you are thinking "inside the box."

- - - Updated - - -

And this has no bearing on the fact that those same people also take part in various competition with other players.
    You are thinking that WoW is an inherently competitive environment and to put it bluntly: You are wrong.

WoW supports competition but in no way requires it.