Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    now are you saying feminism hasn´t accomplished anything? there is still no equality, nowhere?
    "some equality" isnt "full equality".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, but if I could be a super hero, involuntary bleeding isn't one of the super powers I'd choose. And also, we can throw. :P
    and we don't have an easily accessible squishy spot that when kicked, leaves us in unbelievable pain for minutes on end. nd can openly enjoy fruity tasty drinks! and don't need to buy 5$ stress balls when we have built in ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and we don't have an easily accessible squishy spot that when kicked, leaves us in unbelievable pain for minutes on end. nd can openly enjoy fruity tasty drinks! and don't need to buy 5$ stress balls when we have built in ones.
    Holy shit I lost it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

OMG, that made me laugh (almost spelled algorithm, wtf math brain) so much I gave out an unladylike snort. xD
    How about this one... After Eve got herself and Adam thrown out of the Garden, he was rather upset and threatened her "You shall bleed for this...", whereupon she asks "Can I pay it in monthly installments?", not quite as funny but... I'm a simple mind, I like simple jokes. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You are right. Feminism - by definition - is about equality so everyone who believes in equality is a feminist. The problem is that the label was hijacked decades ago and turned in to a umbrella term to describe "Female supremacy".
    kind of like how mens rights is about male supremacy then?
    "Men's rights" groups are mostly funded by Christian charities and Right wing groups, which is sad. A lot of the men that suffer from inequality in custody cases deserve to be represented better, because they are hurt by the same sexist society that says "Mothers are by default better parents than Fathers". A lot of these father's suffer at the hands of the same gender unequal and sexist society that Feminism was supposed to fight, but their problems are ignored by feminism.

So, no. Your insinuation that Men's rights groups are a reactionary movement that is trying to "keep women down" is not really true. They are just desperate enough to rely on right wing support which taints their message.
    what in this story was about fathers rights? maybe if more attention was drawn to those kind of issues instead of demeaning rape victims they would get more funding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Holy shit I lost it.
    Glad I could make you do so

I figure the best way for equality over these forums is to get both genders laughing over biological inequality jokes.

You'd be surprised how quick men's reflexes are about squishy things that are about to be kicked. And by the way, I've been told the same spot hurts just as well for women, so that's a tie. I enjoy whatever the hell I like, even fruity drinks. I don't drink beer, see another "unmanly thing" and I'm from Germany to boot, so.. no, it's not part of being female/male. It's about what pleases my taste! ^^ And while you don't need to buy stress balls, neither do we... I'll let you think about that one for a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    "some equality" isnt "full equality".
    you´re right, obviously

but at some specific points feminism didn´t stop at equality and that´s where mens rights had a ground... simple as that, everything where they have no ground, it´s stupid, but that goes both ways i think

as i wrote last page, where equality isn´t reached feminism or mens rights have my full support, dependant of the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

but at some specific points feminism didn´t stop at equality and that´s where mens rights had a ground... simple as that, everything where they have no ground, it´s stupid, but that goes both ways i think
    Where exactly? I'm curious, because I have no clue what you're talking about. Unless you mean getting ripped open for birth, I don't even want that. Don't dig deeper man, we can only lose this one...

10+ Year Old Account
    you´re right, obviously

as i wrote last page, where equality isn´t reached feminism or mens rights have my full support, dependant of the situation
    100% agreed, and that's no there is no "wrong" perspective imo, it comes down to men AND women making the "right" choice

15+ Year Old Account
    i´m man enough to go straight into a gay bar and order a pink sparkling drink if i so wish

aswell as everywhere else, for i do not care what you think of me, because, fuck it the fruity tasty drinks are awesome!

holly berry mjam
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft, keep your fruity swill. Good drinks are the ones that make you go "fffffffff ah fuck..."

you´re right, obviously

thing is almost all areas where men "dont have equality" originates from patriarchy, which many men fight tooth and nail to maintain (hence all the virulent hatred for feminism). so it has to start with men to stop that kind of thinking by supporting feminism. but they wont cause "feminazis want my testicles" or whatever. So its kind of a catch 22.

i´m man enough to go straight into a gay bar and order a pink sparkling drink if i so wish

aswell as everywhere else, for i do not care what you think of me, because, fuck it the fruity tasty drinks are awesome!

holly berry mjam
    You go, brother! Fruity drinks 4ever! Also, JD made Appletinis socially acceptable man drinks... oh wait. Nvm. Two and a half men kinda destroyed that. Too bad, never had one, are they good?

You go, brother! Fruity drinks 4ever! Also, JD made Appletinis socially acceptable man drinks... oh wait. Nvm. Two and a half men kinda destroyed that. Too bad, never had one, are they good?
    Appletinis are meh. If you want an actual drink, I prefer an Old Fashioned or a Scotch. Margaritas are about as fruity a drink as I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Appletinis are meh. If you want an actual drink, I prefer an Old Fashioned or a Scotch. Margaritas are about as fruity a drink as I like.
    I've once found a cocktail bar here that had a cocktail called "Macanea". The story behind that (there was always a backstory on the menu) he found some old barkeep in Jamaica who gave him the recipe. It was all kinds of fruit and you'd not have written that post after tasting it.

Scotch... is fine if you want to get plastered. But cocktails remind me of beaches, sun and bikinis. Don't diss the cocktails, mate.

15+ Year Old Account
    no, but i like apple, if i´m at the best cocktail bar in town tonight, and that´s less of an if and more of a at what time tonight, i´ll try one *g*

thing is almost all areas where men "dont have equality" originates from patriarchy, which many men fight tooth and nail to maintain (hence all the virulent hatred for feminism). so it has to start with men to stop that kind of thinking by supporting feminism. but they wont cause "feminazis want my testicles" or whatever. So its kind of a catch 22.
    I call Goodwin's Law. :P

Buzzwords, paranoia and strawmanning, all in one neat little paragraph.

kind of like how mens rights is about male supremacy then?
    Not male supremacy just yet. They act like offended children and use satire to draw attention to some double standards. The hate they get from their campaigns shows how powerful the lobby against them is.

what in this story was about fathers rights? maybe if more attention was drawn to those kind of issues instead of demeaning rape victims they would get more funding.
    The story was intentionally provocative. Their goal obviously was to direct as much negative attention to their campaign in an attempt to talk about something that should have been considered offensive, but slipped through the cracks. They felt generalized and offended by the "Don't be that guy" campaign and they decided to retaliate.