Thread: Zimmerman Trial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Most "gated" communities are gated for road traffic.
    Which would usually lead to almost exclusively vehicle traffic after dark, and very little foot traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Exactly. Thank you.
    Well now this seems to indicate that there was some point to your line of discussion. Well then, what was it?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    So, what you're saying is that different "gated communities" have different ideas of how secure they need to be?

Interesting.
    My point is that I walk through it, often, and I don't live there.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Okay class, can anyone give an example of being indignant?

Thank you Tinykong, that's a pretty good example.
    Do you even know what indignant means? I don't think you do.

- - - Updated - - -

You may not like what he said there, but it's not an example of being indignant. At all. Mildly sociopathic with a hint of paranoia perhaps, but not indignant.
    My reasoning for not caring about my community is two fold: I don't own the property (just a tenant) and I don't have enough time in the day to operate a neighborhood watch program at the benefit of strangers.

Maybe Zimmerman has different priorities, that's his business. If I saw some suspicious person, I might call the police, but that would be the extent of my involvement. I don't have the time to call, wait around, give a statement, or whatever else might be required. Call me selfish if you want, but my time is more valuable than a stranger's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fascinated by your foot travels. Do you often step in dog poop? How quickly do you wear out tennis shoes? Do you recommend one shoe brand over another?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

I am fascinated by your foot travels. Do you often step in dog poop? How quickly do you wear out tennis shoes? Do you recommend one shoe brand over another?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you have to go and make me change my sig again, Ray?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    What did he do that was wrong or stupid?
    1. It was wrong for GZ to not have a non-fatal form of defense. If I was a watch captain for a neighborhood being hit with burglaries, I would go out with a radio, a good flashlight (not the toy GZ had), a can of mace, a force multiplier, and - for the LAST possible exigency - a gun. My first reaction when being attacked would be to start with the non-fatal line of defense. Now - hindsight is 20/20 and it is a point that can be argued as to whether at that point in time the gun was the better option. However, it was stupid for him to get out and follow a possible suspect in the dark WITHOUT having a non-fatal form of self defense in his hands ready to use if necessary. To ONLY have the gun was wrong and/or stupid.

2. Getting out of the car was stupid. I'm not saying it was WRONG, but it was definitely stupid. He wanted to make sure the suspect was kept under surveillance so that the guy he thought was a burglar wouldn't "get away". In his words... "These @$$holes always get away..." He was tired of burglars dashing in and out of his community and always getting away before the cops showed up. So to make sure he had the suspect always in sight so the cops could definitely nab him, he gets out of his car. Boom. Stupid. He opened himself up to a physical attack where he was forced to defend himself. If he'd stayed in the car, none of this would have happened. He might have lost his potential suspect, but hey - that's life. You - as a civilian - probably shouldn't be running down "possible" suspects in the dark anyway. If you lose sight of the guy, then shrug, let the cops search, and continue your patrol.

To wrong/stupid things that led to TM's death, GZ's false prosecution for murder, and the liberal white guilt media & the black professional race industry to have a mutual orgasm getting off on each other.

who cares!!! the trial is over, there is no point in talking about it anymore, nothing it going to change it. This case is NOT as big as it should be, crime and shootings happen everyday. Take it apon yourself to be a better person and this crap won't happen. Thee end.

Why did you have to go and make me change my sig again, Ray?
    Full disclosure: I stole that from a dos equis beer commercial.

Full disclosure: I stole that from a dos equis beer commercial.
    Real Men of Genius:

Mr. Beer commercial stealing forum sig generating off-topic poster guy

Now that I've admitted I steal things, I should probably watch out when walking through that gated community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I've admitted I steal things, I should probably watch out when walking through that gated community.
    Just make sure not to straddle someone MMA style and repeatedly punch them in the face without checking for a gun.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    A probable retelling of the events.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not surprised at the hand waving and failure to understand the information provided to you. Moving along...
    What information? You said it is impossible for you to get a CCW unless you worked for money transfer or unless you have been a victim of a violent crime. You stated you live in a police state; and I am assuming you cannot leave because of the police, so you show me examples of police incompetence, error, and brutality. What else do you want me to say? Buy a gun off the street, start a neighborhood watch program, become a mole in the local police department.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Why would you walk through a gated community if you didn't live there?

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Just make sure not to straddle someone MMA style and repeatedly punch them in the face without checking for a gun.
    Right, steal the gun first, then ground and pound. Got it. Good advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If you were following the conversation before we got goofy, because I have a destination inside of the gated community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse
    Bolded is the part that is pure phantasy. Zimmerman told his story, the physical evidence backs him up, even the water buffalo that Martin called testified that this isn't the case.
    How is it fantasy? What was the timeline? Didn't GZ say he just popped out of the bushes and started hitting him without even a verbal confrontation?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    People in gated communities still have friends and coworkers and family and you know mail. It's not unheard of to have visitors.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

People in gated communities still have friends and coworkers and family and you know mail. It's not unheard of to have visitors.
    It is uncommon to have visitors by foot in gated communities. It is pretty much 99% of the purpose of a gated community to limit outsider foot traffic through the complex.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    It was wrong for GZ to not have a non-fatal form of defense.
    No it wasn't. Maybe you don't agree but it wasn't wrong.
    However, it was stupid for him to get out and follow a possible suspect in the dark WITHOUT having a non-fatal form of self defense
    Opinion not fact.
    So to make sure he had the suspect always in sight so the cops could definitely nab him, he gets out of his car. Boom. Stupid. He opened himself up to a physical attack where he was forced to defend himself.
    So by him doing nothing illegal he should have known the kid was going to assault him?
    If you lose sight of the guy, then shrug, let the cops search, and continue your patrol.
    So forget the suspicious man in the hood lurking in between houses in the rain but continue your patrol for what? Pretty sure at that point you found the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read the person I quoted he was walking through gated communities for no reason without knowing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is uncommon to have visitors by foot in gated communities. It is pretty much 99% of the purpose of a gated community to limit outsider foot traffic through the complex.
    I'm not very familiar with gated communities, so maybe my own experiences are wrong.

The two that I have the most experience with have shopping areas on their boundary, and have walkways that allow exit/entrance to those shopping areas. I happen to prefer to walk if something is that close. I've never lived in one, only been a visitor, so I'm that foot traffic. Thus the thing about the tales of my tennis shoes earlier.