Deleted

Iron dwarf, Medium rare. (ulduar 10)

So a friend of mine is missing this one achievement for his first proto drake and since he has helpe dme out a lot in game id like to repay the favour and get this achieve done. We have tried multiple tactics I have found over the web but nothing seems to be working. He is a 90 hunter and his role is dps down razorscale to 50% after I have gathered up a decent amount of iron dwarfs, let me breathed to death multiple times and reset it. However his count is at 1, and hasn't changed.

Any help duoing this at 90 is appreciated. im using a BRM monk right now as I can aoe pull adds without damaging them and heal up when needed, other options I have is warlock and death knight. while he has a hunter and 85 shammy.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

just let razor enrage(while in ground) and the dwarfs die fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, there is no point to damaging Razorscale at all- it in fact becomes easier if you let Razorscale enrage as she one-shots the adds with her breath while enraged.

Secondly, Dark Iron Guardians HAVE to be killed by her breath, and she only does the killing breath while shes on the ground- so you dont want to start phase 2 ever (when she hits 50%).

Kill anything that is NOT a Dark Iron Guardian (Or just let them wail on the NPCs- getting all the NPCs but the engineers dead is ok)

Get the Dark Irons to ~15k health (Tricky at lvl 90), then face them in front of boss once shes on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    thanks for the tips guys, will give it a go without pulling her down until enrage

last time I checked, it counted over diffrent kills, so if you got 10 one reset, and 15 the next, you would still get the achi. dont know if it was changes

Make sure that the dwarves are dying to the breaths. The easiest way to do this now is to unequip most of your gear and carefully DPS them down to about 15% or so. Have someone else pulling the non-achi mobs away and just kill them.

Being as geared as we are, you might be better off fisting them or using your weapon autos (druid in non-shapeshift form) as long as you don't 1 shot them. Bring them to 20% or so which is very difficult without killing. If they aren't in execute range for Razorscale's breathe, and they die to the npcs that aid you, it will not count. Make sure they die to ONLY the breathe.

will give it a go without pulling her down until enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Gyzarus View Post
    thanks for the tips guys, will give it a go without pulling her down until enrage
    you don't need to wait for enrage. first, kill any non-guardian dwarf as they don't count. second, the breath will only take about 15% of their hp, so they have to be under that when she breathes on them. you may have to balance gear/spell selection to avoid killing them too quickly; you can try using a very weak or no weapon.

then just keep bringing her down and letting her fly back up, over and over. the counter does not reset if you wipe, so it can take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    you might be better off fisting them
    The dwarves will appreciate it.