Deleted

Warrior surviveability

So I haven't really played my warr since mid cata, to be honest haven't really gotten into mists very much either. Anyway thought I might keel my warrior to 90, played him since vanilla so had to be done really. I'm just wondering on their current state. My raiding days are behind me now really, so it would be mostly casual stuff, lfr etc. my big thing was always warriors were always screwed vs old content. I'm just wondering how it is now, I know the new second wind is very good, and he read most of the soloing thread.
    The one thing i suppose I'm asking is are we still massively gear dependant as we used to be. I'm not expecting to be able to outperform dk's pallys and so on, just that are we enough to that a decent average gear level, say ilvl 500 to get me through most of icc/ulduar. Or the cata dungeon meta.

Deleted
    Warrior are fine for old stuff, at ilvl 500 almost nothing there can kill you. They'd need about 20k dps to succeed and unless the game mechanics dictate otherwise you'll have a blast with any dps/prot specc combo

We're actually the opposite. Arms is pretty solid compared to other classes at low gear levels, but absolutely horrible at high gear levels. The scaling situation is pretty rough. Fury scales a bit better, but isn't particularly strong.

As far as soloing old things, you'll be quite fine, second wind is excellent for this.

Deleted
    Lei-shen HC, static shock macro

/cast Defensive Stance
    /cower
    /ra Res me in 5

^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kikisamoa View Post
    So I haven't really played my warr since mid cata, to be honest haven't really gotten into mists very much either. Anyway thought I might keel my warrior to 90, played him since vanilla so had to be done really. I'm just wondering on their current state. My raiding days are behind me now really, so it would be mostly casual stuff, lfr etc. my big thing was always warriors were always screwed vs old content. I'm just wondering how it is now, I know the new second wind is very good, and he read most of the soloing thread.
    The one thing i suppose I'm asking is are we still massively gear dependant as we used to be. I'm not expecting to be able to outperform dk's pallys and so on, just that are we enough to that a decent average gear level, say ilvl 500 to get me through most of icc/ulduar. Or the cata dungeon meta.
    Warriors are actually fairly strong soloing. Not as game breaking as DK's of course, but enough so you will have no problem soloing anything up through Wrath. Not honestly sure about Cata content at lower gear levels but I expect BoT/BWD would be fairly easy (some mechanics not withstanding).

As Prot you can survive pretty much anything with Shield Barrier, and as Fury/Arms Second Wind + myriad defensives will hold you up. Even then a lot of old content still procs Victory Rush for easy heals.