Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    A third faction wouldn't work in WoW. They'd have to outright make WoW 2, it would require a bigger overhaul than Cataclysm was to the old world to fit in a third faction.

I don't understand what would be hard to add a 3rd faction. Most problems could be solved really easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, making a new 1-90 experience just for a new faction...not gonna happen.

Hero faction. Must have 1 max level toon to make one. They start at the expansions starting level (example would be starting at lvl 90 for exp5)

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't understand what would be hard to add a 3rd faction. Most problems could be solved really easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Hero faction. Must have 1 max level toon to make one. They start at the expansions starting level (example would be starting at lvl 90 for exp5)
    So you have to level to 90 just to join the faction you want to play as? Most of the content in game is cross faction anyway, and figuring out a way to turn the main antagonists of WoW into a third faction that shares raids with the alliance and horde would be hard to do without being stupid or contrived. The game is too built up around H vs A and duct taping a third faction onto the end game is going to feel clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have to level to 90 just to join the faction you want to play as? Most of the content in game is cross faction anyway, and figuring out a way to turn the main antagonists of WoW into a third faction that shares raids with the alliance and horde would be hard to do without being stupid or contrived. The game is too built up around H vs A and duct taping a third faction onto the end game is going to feel clunky.

This game is built upon H vs A and some times teaming up against..... who?

Hell you even gave me a better idea. The BL faction can be a traitor faction. When you hit, lets just say lvl 90 with a cap of 95, You get a choice to turn your back on the alliance/horde and join the burning legion.

In a sense, the only raid that would feel wrong for the Burning Legion would be sunwell (and maybe Karazhan). The Legion has a vested interest in taking down Illidan, Arthas, Naxx, The old gods (Somewhat a stretch), Could want to seize power from the MoP raids, etc.

Ultimately, it doesn't really "Fit" to suddenly have a third playable faction at level 90. Add on that many of the demon races that would be eligable for player characters (The humanoid ones) can't currently wear player armor (The exception being eredar, which are basically Red Draenei) Fel Orcs were kind of an Illidan thing.

If I had to choose between a third faction that's basically 100% evil or more endgame content next xpac, I'd probably go for more endgame content. The Legion is a very predictable faction. They have one goal, and largely cooperate to reach that goal. There's no infighting like you'd see in the horde or alliance, there's no "Shades of Grey" like you'd see in the horde of alliance. They're cruel, malicious, zealous, and pretty much hellbent on bringing about an end to all things.

Lore wise, you don't really have strong racial leaders, or capitals. They have a near-0 presence in azeroth proper. NO place on pandaria, little to no reason to be in Northrend.

But, The faction leader could be Wilfred Fizzlebang, and you could play as one of his summoned minions. That'd make the lore fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This game is built upon H vs A and some times teaming up against..... who?

Hell you even gave me a better idea. The BL faction can be a traitor faction. When you hit, lets just say lvl 90 with a cap of 95, You get a choice to turn your back on the alliance/horde and join the burning legion.
    And leave all of your friends and your guild? And still play the same races?
    And that's appealing... how?

Yeah, making a new 1-90 experience just for a new faction...not gonna happen.
    I agree, they'd probably just make a whole new game at that point. Now the "hero" faction thing could work, maybe starting at 50-60 or so, but that's still a metric ton of content for them to devlope, so doubt it would ever happen. That and the cries for favoritism would never end. So, no, not going to happen, but it's fun throwing hypotheticals out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    I agree, they'd probably just make a whole new game at that point. Now the "hero" faction thing could work, maybe starting at 50-60 or so, but that's still a metric ton of content for them to devlope, so doubt it would ever happen. That and the cries for favoritism would never end. So, no, not going to happen, but it's fun throwing hypotheticals out there.
    No, I'm sorry but do people really think a faction you have to 'unlock' to play in an MMO is a good idea in the slightest?

Wouldn't work.

They'd literally have to design an entirely alternative leveling up and storyline system just for the faction.

It'd also make it incredibly difficult to plan expansions as both sides want completely different things and 1 side would end up getting completely fucked over.

Horde/Alliance should make peace and be merged into 1 faction, burning legion should take the place as the second faction. Could have a whole new world in the next expansion that's run by the legion and the game is purely about Azeroth vs the Legions world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Horde/Alliance should make peace and be merged into 1 faction, burning legion should take the place as the second faction. Could have a whole new world in the next expansion that's run by the legion and the game is purely about Azeroth vs the Legions world.
    Again that is 2 completely different factions with different ideals making it almost impossible to create a passable story.

Imagine creating raids, there'd either have to be 2 separate raids per tier or a bunch of ham fisted neutral bosses which both sides dislike.

Would probably be better of if the faction was the Illidari Demons. They are enemies of the Burning legion as much as us, would explain why they would try to help save Azeroth, so it can stand as a bastian against the Burning legion.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The game is already short on players, having a third faction would reduce the playerbase for group content even further. If anything they should merge horde and alliance in this dying game.

No, I'm sorry but do people really think a faction you have to 'unlock' to play in an MMO is a good idea in the slightest?
    Never said you'd have to unlock it, so not sure where that came from. Unless you mean having a character at level 50-60 before you could create a character on the third faction, I don't think that's a huge deal, it never kept anyone from rolling Dks. If that's where the relevant content starts, then it makes sense to me. A completely new player will have to go 1-90 anyway, once they hit 50-60, they can keep going with their current faction, or create a new with the 3rd faction. I think it would be awesome if you hit level 50-60 and you would have a choice via a quest to convert your current character to a demon through some means. Almost like a free faction change with some flavor. Like I said, I'm not pressing for this, we'll never see it happen in WoW, but there are ways it could be implemented if they wanted to.

Deleted
    Some servers are already thin with players as it is. No need to thin it out even more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    That's like trying to merge the United States with the Soviet Union, trying to blend Democracy with Communism isn't possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why dividing the playerbase further would be any good, unless they changed battlegroups up or something. I just feel like it would give longer queues, both pve and pvp.

Anyone saying that dividing the player base even more is bad and yes it is indeed... But if WoW added a new 3rd faction lets say the BL since that's what I originally stated I am almost sure it would bring back tons of old players and new. Some of the ideas I read were actually really good also. I really liked the one where in a new xpac the horde and alliance have to team up to face the BL and players have an option of choosing what side they want to be on. Just like in wotlk make it so the bl would have to say kill horde and alliance faction leaders in a raid and have a different end game cinema for them than vice versa for the horde and alliance players they finally kill off the BL leaders and etc. Than after that just end wow at lvl 100 and call it a day!

Deleted
    Only way I could see it working is if they did it like Lotro's monster play, get to 90, you're able to make a level 90 demon character and you join in an ongoing wpvp battle type place, you wouldn't be able to leave and you pretty much wouldn't be able to do anything your main can do except be a demon...

Quote Originally Posted by Akbaar View Post
    Only way I could see it working is if they did it like Lotro's monster play, get to 90, you're able to make a level 90 demon character and you join in an ongoing wpvp battle type place, you wouldn't be able to leave and you pretty much wouldn't be able to do anything your main can do except be a demon...
    But that would be fun... don't you think so? And remember: they already implement something similiar with Ordos... you can transform and PvP against horde and alliance. Maybe they want to try if people would use that kind of technic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    And leave all of your friends and your guild? And still play the same races?
    And that's appealing... how?
    Have your friends join you? meet new friends? No one is saying you have to join that faction either.