Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Racials are fine but they should be just cosmetic or QoL improvements.

Deleted
    QoL improvements.
    Sorry what does QoL stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    Sorry what does QoL stand for?
    Quality of Life. There should be no performance racials in game period. The only thing I think would be compelling is EMFH baseline for all characters (and removing the need for a PvP trinket). But even if that went, I would see the game as better overall.

Deleted
    EMFH baseline for all characters
    Thanks for defining that for me.

I think this would be a major improvement in terms of PvP. The only issue is humans would then need to be given a new racial to compensate for the fact that everyone would then have EMFH.

What type of racial could they get? Something like shadowmeld? A dps boost?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having racials but they are weighted poorly. The racials really should be mirrored IMO so that both sides have the same advantages (ie drop dwarf racials and give them orc racials, etc...).

When one race (trolls) is hugely predominant in raiding for dps players , you know there is an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    You say it would be better to have gone in a different direction than the game has taken. Why is the current direction worse?
    Well that isn't my argument to take up. I like the way the game is now, and as you might see in my earlier posts I would prefer racials to be cosmetic.

If you'd like me to attempt an answer anyway, I'd say that some depth and variety is good too. It's about getting a good level between the two ends of the issue. Nobody wants the game to end up with one class with one stat called +power that you get gradually more of as your ilvl goes up. But pure homogenisation is the only way to achieve pure balance.

It's a juggling act.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    its just humans racial thats imba in pvp, because they can use 2 trinkets, pve doesnt matter
    Human racials will suck in 5.4.

They're making 2 PvP trinkets give a set bonus.

No. Infact racial differences should be made greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Human racials will suck in 5.4.

They're making 2 PvP trinkets give a set bonus.
    Humans will just use two dps PvP trinkets then.

I think Racials are fine but they should pick 5 of them and distribute them to both factions - 1 race on each faction having their own version of Every Man For Himself, Blood Fury, etc.

I feel like that would even it out a bit more while still giving you some options as to which race you want to be.

Deleted
    The human racial is still very useful in PvE. I can't count how many times I have used EMFH in a PvE situation.
    Not gamebreaking though, and you rarely get the opportunity to use EMFH if you do all tactics right.

Deleted
    No. Infact racial differences should be made greater.
    Why would you like this to happen??

[*]Creation of an even playing field in terms of PvE and PvP
    This is what blizzard does not want, they have made TONS of money when they always make 1 race op vs other in arena and ppl will change race

Deleted
    This is what blizzard does not want, they have made TONS of money when they always make 1 race op vs other in arena and ppl will change race
    Haha so true. They make so much money from it it's ridiculous.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    When one race (trolls) is hugely predominant in raiding for dps players , you know there is an issue.
    Still don't think Trolls will maintain their lead after 5.4 comes out. Fewer beasts = fewer trolls. It's the same as when everyone threw a fit that Pandaren would be mandatory for raiding due to the food buffs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Long-term Blizzard can probably lose many more subscribers due to racial imbalance, because of the faction imbalance it also produces.
    I doubt they're gonna lose that many due to racial imbalance that will cause them to take a loss after taking into account the money they make from race changes. At least 5 guildies went troll this tier for the beast bosses.

I'd rather they be turned into non-combat bonuses than outright removed.

I would like to see:

> Racials that let you control certain machinery or magical resources in the world. For instance, night elves should be able to mount glaive throwers to defend certain night elf assets, dwarves steam tanks, etc. A night elf near a moonwell should be healed by it.

> Racials that have interesting world effects, such as wisp form, made more common. Faster flight paths, certain mobs should be friendly or capable of defending you, etc.

I don't even agree that "making race a cosmetic choice" is any kind of cool. I think it is horrible. I really like my shadowmeld.

I don't think racials are impossible to balance. The devs don't have to throw their hands up and say "welp, I guess all the raiders will be horde ho ho ho!". Wotf should have been redesigned long ago, for instance. EMFH, despite all the hubub, doesn't really seem to show up in the top 10. That being said, it could be replaced entirely with something else cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Well, sorry, but my class can't be "Humans, dwaves, Draenei, and gnomes".
    And it's not just 1% crit, it's sprint that gives you insane dps increase on fights that require a lot of movement.

Static stat increase is worse than dps cooldown. I am not even sure how it can't be obvious to anyone but lfr casuals.
    Depends mostly on the class and fight. if youre say a a lock and snapshot yes the CD is better. the CD is only better when you burst aswell. The static stat evenly increases your damage the entire fight. And assuming youre a druid, what was your race before cata? how did druids every dps before then? your 1% crit is negligible dps increase that every druid did fine without. Do you also need a 3rd sprint? You have 2 sprints and feral charge. Log onto you 13/13 druid take off your boots and cloak before you call anyone a casual