Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Am i doin it right?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haena/advanced

i keep trying different gems and reforges but PE feels like it comes out on top for me most of the time i know how to use EB and i can make it work it just seems like it is a hassle that i actually lose dps for workin in so my question and i really hope you guys can help is if just went for like pure mastery would it really up the value of EB, my main issue is trying to compete with a aff lock and a boomkin right now and most of the time i am up there with them but i can feel myself slipping behind plz help

Personally, (Armory in sig) I prefer to not use the glyph of Fire Elemental (except exceptional burst phases needs, but progression is far behind for the first bosses for us.

Quick advice for you (has nothing to do with DPS, though, but it helps for survability), replace your 80 Intellect / 160 Spirit gems for 80 Intellect and 120 Stamina. It sounds silly but you're over hit cap, anyway.

The reason why PE feels better than EB is just playstyle. While PE empowers one of your CDs, EB makes you have to stop to cast or cast and not move properly. I switched from EB to PE long ago because every 12 seconds I had to stop moving to cast it or I lose EB casts/hits and it's less uptime on the 3500 Haste/Mastery/Crit buff uptime. Also look up WoL (Here) for my guild progression on Lei Shen Heroic. I'm not falling behind so much.

GL !

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haena/advanced

i keep trying different gems and reforges but PE feels like it comes out on top for me most of the time i know how to use EB and i can make it work it just seems like it is a hassle that i actually lose dps for workin in so my question and i really hope you guys can help is if just went for like pure mastery would it really up the value of EB, my main issue is trying to compete with a aff lock and a boomkin right now and most of the time i am up there with them but i can feel myself slipping behind plz help
    Uh, don't bother comparing yourself to a lock. Aside from the initial burst, you will not keep up on most fights.

The best way to find out which is better for you is to sim. EB should come out stronger. If you do stat scaling with reforge plots, it will also give you a better idea of where you should be with haste and mastery, so you can fix your kinda weird gemming.

There is nothing Right or Wrong with elemental shamans, Pure int, haste and mastery speccs seems equally good most times. I got most haste and always using PE for every fight. It works for me, got some decent WoL logs but it all depends on the tacs u use, rng/buff uptimes and your personal assignements during a fight.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...mental_Shaman/ Still stands strong tho it was a while ago.

My understanding is that if you are going with a Haste-heavy build you will get more DPS out of PE as elementals are boosted by Haste. If you're running Mastery-heavy EB is going to be better.
    I may be wrong, I don't raid as Elemental so I haven't paid a lot of attention to the details.

You will definitely be a lot more mobile with PE over EB however, which is in itself a boon to your raid.