Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Which was the point i was showing, 2 range specs (lock) and a tank spec in that specific quote. Dhs, though, are in tuned for two melee specs, if they go off whats ingame and wc3, one being tank and the other dps.
    My point though is that DH can be whatever people want it to be anymore. They have all but died out, so all it takes is for a new trainer (Illidan) to be resurrected and begin training more demon hunters. You can then come up with some bullshit lore about why Illidan and said new demon hunters chose each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    My point though is that DH can be whatever people want it to be anymore. They have all but died out, so all it takes is for a new trainer (Illidan) to be resurrected and begin training more demon hunters. You can then come up with some bullshit lore about why Illidan and said new demon hunters chose each other.
    What are you talking about? We did not kill a majority of demon hunters. Besides Illidan, he took 4 others with him, one who later left (altrius). The blood elves are simply not the "majority". We have plenty of dhs on azeroth, in hiding. Do people not realize this? Or is this confusing... Because... we kill only 4 Night Elf Demon Hunters, and 1 is coming back (illidan). There are definately far more dhs than the ones we have encountered.

Fleugen. -.- Then you do not have a demon hunter. What you then have is an abomination of god. A dh is about doing both aspects, not being one or the other, then completely range, a dh implemented will have 2 melee specs. A warlock is not a damn dh. if you knew your lore, then you would know =.=
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-08-09 at 04:46 PM.

I play a demo warlock and its not the same as playing a demon hunter would be. There is a huge difference in summoning demons + casting spells and swinging twin blades of azeroth in melee.

"I knew Warlock, Warlock is my main and you Demon Hunter are NO WARLOCK!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    Anyone with a few spare braincells knows that they were going to come back around to the legion eventually. After all, we hadn't killed Sargeras yet.

As for why they didn't release it during BC? Plenty of reasons. At that time they didn't want to add any new classes to the game. The game design model they had was very different compared to what it is now, since then they've released two new classes, it's more likely than ever that we'll see Demon Hunter.
    Except DHs weren't absent in that expansion. They were all over the place, and we killed them since they were enemies. The guy you guys are saying is going to return from the dead and train millions of DHs was a raid boss that we killed, and then purposely farmed his abilities to a class.

And the fact that other classes have similar powers is hardly an argument against adding DH. Warlocks and DKs have a number of similar abilities, as do Monk and Rogue.
    Name these abilities.

As for why they released the monk class? It was something people had been clamoring about on the forums for years. (KIND OF LIKE DEMON HUNTER) They finally had an excuse to do it when Mists of Pandaria came out. Boy I wonder what kind of class would be appropriate to add to the game for the next expansion. Especially considering THE LEGION IS RETURNING AND ALL THAT.
    That's not true. I constructed a Monk class concept before MoP was announced. Most of the respondents wanted a Demon Hunter. Times haven't changed.

IF ONLY WE HAD A NUMBER OF HIGHLY TRAINED INDIVIDUALS WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE WAS THE ERADICATION OF DEMONS.

Ahem.
    Sounds like a faction, not a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except DHs weren't absent in that expansion. They were all over the place, and we killed them since they were enemies. The guy you guys are saying is going to return from the dead and train millions of DHs was a raid boss that we killed, and then purposely farmed his abilities to a class.
    >.> we killed only 4 night elf dhs... doesnt mean there were plenty home training.

Sounds like a faction, not a class.
    Like the ebon blade >.>

to the people who say Dh won't come because they are to similar to locks:
    imagine we wouldn't have priest(or paladin) but have paladin(or priest).
    and the playerbase would speculate or suggest priest/paladin, would you say yes or no to priest/paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    He's a Demon Hunter and he's surrounded by pets which obey him and follow and which he uses and has named. But they are, for him, pure decoration. Sure.
    by this logic every DH should have wings and horns because one DH has them.
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2013-08-09 at 05:36 PM.

What are you talking about? We did not kill a majority of demon hunters. Besides Illidan, he took 4 others with him, one who later left (altrius). The blood elves are simply not the "majority". We have plenty of dhs on azeroth, in hiding. Do people not realize this? Or is this confusing... Because... we kill only 4 Night Elf Demon Hunters, and 1 is coming back (illidan). There are definately far more dhs than the ones we have encountered.
    4 named demon hunters. Since you even decide to muck up the Ruins of Karabor (where more were being trained) you can assume that more masters and apprentice demon hunters were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'm inclined to say Warlocks fit that theme equally. And they already exist.
    By that token, DKs weren't needed for Wrath because Paladins filled out the theme of undead-battling. Imagine that expansion without a new class, or an Ebon Blade faction. All that added a "revenge" element to the game. You either rolled a DK and took on that story, or fought for the EB faction and helped your DK guildies.

A new demon hunter class gives the opportunity to tell a BL related story in a deeper way than any other.

-Tattoos will be hidden by armor.
    -There is a single Blindfold in game.
    -There are at least 4 specs in game that can dual wield. They are not unique.
    Aesthetics will change at every turn, they can not be unique because the classes will be sharing armor, therefore aesthetics are not an argument in your favor.

There is nothing unique about the Demon Hunter class idea. It brings nothing to the table.
    -I suspect DH armor sets will mostly feature chest pieces like the Barbaric Harness, covering a minimal amount of the torso.
    -As was said, a blindfold is a male NE feature in character creation. It'll probably be a DH default for all races, much like glowing blue eyes are for all DKs.
    -So? Any DPS added to the game in the future is going to be DW-melee, 2H-melee, spell caster, or ranged weapon user. When you simplify it that much, WoW already has lots of superfluous specs, so why bother adding anything?

Plate wearing meleeing Holy Warrior and a heavy emphasis on combat vs Cloth wearing spell caster with a strong focus on healing.

Cloth wearing demonic empowered individual who summons demons, use demon magic, employs curses and can shift into demon form and tends to fight at range vs Cloth wearing demonic empowered individual who summons demons, use demon magic, employs curses and can shift into demon form and tends to fight in melee.

Which one of these has the greatest difference?
    That is one of the most uneven comparisons I've ever seen written. If you want to write a good compare/contrast between different pairs of items, try to make each set look similar. Try this on for size:

Leather wearing meleeing demon-powered warrior and a heavy emphasis on combat vs Cloth wearing spell caster with a strong focus on pets.

-or-

Cloth wearing holy empowered individual who heals, has holy magic, employs damage absorbs and can sprout angelic wings and tends to fight at range vs
    Plate wearing holy empowered individual who heals, has holy magic, employs damage absorbs and can sprout angelic wings and tends to fight in melee.

And yes, I am assuming a leather armored DH class, as Blizzard does not seem inclined to add agility cloth to the game.

Demon Hunters bring nothing to the game that either doesn't already exist or cannot be applied to another new class. As it is, the big difference between them and Warlocks right now lies in their effectiveness at melee combat. A difference that can be readily addressed.
    I have yet to see anyone really describe what it would take to add a melee spec to a cloth caster class. Short of adding a brand new armor type, the stat manipulation to make it work well seems outrageous and complex, something Blizzard has tried to stay away from since Wrath.

The only intersection I see between Demon Hunters and Warlocks is that both classes connect to demons. And even then, as I have said before, demons are only one part of warlocks' identity, and the two classes have a significantly different approach and purpose in their powers. They are, at most, tangentially related.

The Burning Legion is a huge element of Warcraft, big enough to support a class heavily tied to that lore, the DH, and still have a satellite connection in locks. This is much like Wrath, with DKs and the Ebon Blade, along with the paladin-heavy Argent Crusade.

Add to that the wildly different (from locks) mechanics a new DH class ought to have, and I fully believe that people complaining about an "overlap" online will be drowned out by the people excited to see a DH finally added to the game.

Deleted
    It would be interesting to see how it could be added and keep any semblance of balance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    4 named demon hunters. Since you even decide to muck up the Ruins of Karabor (where more were being trained) you can assume that more masters and apprentice demon hunters were killed.
    No. Illidan only took 4 demon hunters with him. He then told kael to send 5 bes to him. 3 died, 1 went insane, the other is training all those dhs. All those dhs are trainees... NOT real dhs. So, in standards... we only killed 4 dhs from azeroth, no more than that. Far less than you actually think.

10+ Year Old Account
    >.> we killed only 4 night elf dhs... doesnt mean there were plenty home training.
    You killed plenty of trainees too.

Like the ebon blade >.>
    More like the Illidari.

- - - Updated - - -

All those dhs are trainees... NOT real dhs. So, in standards... we only killed 4 dhs from azeroth, no more than that. Far less than you actually think.
    LoL! So a true DH is whatever fits your personal definition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trainees under Illidan. None from azeroth. Are you trying to tell me that there are only 5 demon hunters that can train demon hunters? If so, I laugh at the stupidity of this statement

Not to mention the path of the Dark Embrace

More like the Illidari.
    Factions can join sides. And who says we'd have to be illidari?

Edit- No. A true dh is one from Azeroth. Not my personal definition. I do think the be dhs were dhs yes, but they do not fill the entire population of dhs. they are a brand new dh, not the dhs from azeroth...
    Outland dhs Killed all the ones trained.
    Azeroth Dhs... there are plenty there still. Neverdone a damn thing wrong.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-08-09 at 05:58 PM.

This doesn't stop anything in DH class. We have some quests talking about some factions of DH, we have some grey items talking about "how to be a DH" and other things. But doesn't matter, devs. can create new lore for a new class. I don't see anything wrong with that.

More like the Illidari.
    The only difference between Illidari and Ebon Blade is that ones were hostile, and the others too, but changed in a long chain quests.

Remember that we are talking about Blizzard, lore is not a problem for them.

So are you maintaining that it is impossible for any other way to have a Demon Hunter in lore? Because if that's your conclusion, you're simply wrong.
    You're making the case that because we sacked Naxxramas and it had a training wing for Death Knights that no Death Knights could now exist. Then Blizzard created Acherus: the Ebon Hold.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-08-09 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall two, total. If you can point out to me more than the Demon Hunter that was banished by the player in Blasted Lands, and the idiot who tries to place Illidan as the greatest person to ever touch Azeroth in Felwood, you'd have an argument. But that's the funny thing with Demon Hunters; They are no where to be found because they are shunned from all societies. We can claim there are none and have backing; You can claim there are many, but you have no proof. Not only would we need to find them, but we'd have to accept them into society, which just isn't happening.
    ~Sigh
    Demon Hunter Quest

Where did you find it before everyone found out about it? A secret underwater cavern, with no quests leading towards the location.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-08-09 at 06:35 PM.

Quite frankly - if you just want a class CALLED Demon Hunter, there isn't any point in adding one. None of the lore? None of the look or feel? None of the theme?
    EJL
    Who said there would be none of the lore, none of the look and none of the theme? I said they can be separate from the Warcraft 3 image while still maintaining it at the same time. The same way a Tauren Frost DK using 1h Axes is still a Death Knight, despite not sharing the Warcraft 3 identity. They don't use Unholy magic, they aren't corrupted Humans and they're using completely different weapons - yet it doesn't change the fact that they COULD use Unholy Magic and a 2H sword.

With Demon Hunters, you're only focusing on the Warcraft 3 identity and ignoring all potentials for anything else. The big question is, why can't you have a Demon Hunter that uses relatively little Demonic magic and weilding different weapons. As long as the Warcraft 3 identity is maintained in some form, many people are open to see something different as well.

Maintaining the Demon Hunter identity is as simple as doing 3 things.
    1) Blindfold as a part of every character head template. If you want to see blindfolds, just hide your helmet.
    2) Runic tattooes on characters chests/arms. DH gets transmog or hide option for Chestpiece.
    3) Offer Warglaives in starting area that can be transmoggable for swords, daggers, fist weps etc.

None of these would impact gameplay whatsoever, are completely optional, and would maintain a Demon Hunter look.

- - - Updated - - -

I recall two, total. If you can point out to me more than the Demon Hunter that was banished by the player in Blasted Lands, and the idiot who tries to place Illidan as the greatest person to ever touch Azeroth in Felwood, you'd have an argument. But that's the funny thing with Demon Hunters; They are no where to be found because they are shunned from all societies. We can claim there are none and have backing; You can claim there are many, but you have no proof. Not only would we need to find them, but we'd have to accept them into society, which just isn't happening.
    Darion Morgraine never existed until Wrath of the Lich King. Prior to that, the son of Mograine was thought to be an NPC in Outland, hinted through previous lore. This was completely retconned for the purpose of introducing the Death Knight class and tying it into existing lore.

There are Demon Hunters out there who were trained during the War of the Ancients. They're simply unknown to us at this point. You will even see that Blizzard has a penchant for bringing back Warcraft 3 named Heroes (from multiplayer), so it's possible to see some of those generic names return in a bigger fashion. This isn't exclusive to a Demon Hunter class, they could bring NPCs back for any number of reasons, such as to fight the return of the legion.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-08-09 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the ghost of a Demon Hunter who is already dead. With the WARLOCK ability Immolate. What's your point?
    =.= brainless to see the fact that the text of the quest implies that there are plenty of demon hunters being trained? It isnt about what abilities the dh is using. It is about what the text says.=.=

"I wonder how many have found their way to him in those ruins"

Also.... Altrius the Sufferer. =3

Can you point them out to me? Oh wait, you can't because there's no sign of them anywhere.

Is it possible they are? Yes. Can you prove it? Hell no,
    Why do I need to prove that it's possible for them to exist? I'm not making the argument that they should or would. You're the one saying it can't happen because they're not around, which is contrary to all history of every newly introduced class. We had no Death Knight trainers until Death Knights were introduced. We had no Monk trainers until Monks were introduced.

And you're saying Demon Hunters CAN'T exist because there are no Demon Hunter trainers around? What kind of bullshit logic is that? You're agreeing that the possibility for them to exist is there. This is something we should all be agreeing about. Yet your argument speaks otherwise, because you are assuming that everyone who wants to see a Demon Hunter playable class expects it to happen.

Gonna lay it out for you. We WANT to see the Class, but we aren't EXPECTING it to happen. We simply believe there is possibility and room for them to exist and be their own class. This has nothing to do with proving that it will happen, it's not anyone's goal here despite what you believe.

And as long as there are people who are making up reasons on why it can't or won't happen, we're going to shut down those arguments. There is nothing that proves Blizzard can't or won't make it happen. Just like there is no proof that it will happen. If it happens, it happens, if not, then not. You can't make up reasons to prove otherwise. We are not Blizzard.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-08-09 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... was in Outland, with Illidan. All of his potential disciples died with Illidan's Demon Hunters. He has not been seen in Azeroth.

I wonder indeed. I don't know, you don't know, they don't know. Could be one. Could be zero. Could be a couple dozen. Unlikely to be a lot considering Azeroth is only so big, and no one seems to have found any yet.
    yep... azeroth is 1 to 1scale... just like orgrimmar is, Undercity is, stormwind is... oh wait. they arent. Do not bring scale into azeroth =.=.

Yes, then he could have left... we havent heard from him since. How long did it take them to train demon hunters at BT? not long.
    It truly does not need to be alot, as it is the same with the death knights.

I say just merge WCIII units Warden and DH. Wardens can sometimes be described as bounty hunters so I guess the lore could be rogue wardens go through the DH rituals in order to have an easier time collecting bounties on demons.. Wardens appear to wear mail in WCIII so they keep that. No metamorphosis but have Avatar of Vengeance that has the appearance of the meta version of Telarius. Melee, ranged, and tank specs. Ranged = glaive throwing like boomerang with spell casting (mix hunter and caster). Meh my ideas usually suck anyways. I just like DHs.