Deleted
    Okay so playable Naga would make absolutely zero sense. Of course I would still love it if they did it. Ahhhhmaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I want the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Pants,
    Naga can use robes, that how they \can do pants easily, that or just make them a pants graphic for their abdomen like they do now.

Boots,
    Trolls, Tauren, and Draenei do just fine without boots covering their feet, plus they could easily do it as a band like objecty around their tail.

Anything over waist for the females,
    Did you not even play anything in Burning Crusade or Vashj'ir? Females Nagas iun fact do wear clothes over their waists.

anything face concealing for the males.
    Yea, because Worgen and Tauren are incapable of wearing face concealing armor on their faces, and they already don't have human shaped heads.

Oh yeah, and which classes would they use? You know since no paladin,
    Undead, Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, Night Elves, Gnomes, Worgen, and Pandaren can't be Paladins, so that's not a reason.
    warlock,
    Naga can easily be Warlocks.

shaman,
    The Naga could be shamans, as their affinity with water could grant them some ability to control it.

druid,
    Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei Humans, Blood Elves, Undead, Orcs, Goblins, and Pandaren can't be druids, so how is this even a viable reason.

death knight
    There were many Naga around long before Death Knights became playable, so yes, they can easily be playable.

As well, there's still Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Mages, and Priests as viable classes for them. So yea, your little "what classes could they play" is easily a waste of time since they already have 5 classes they can start with if they picked them as a new playable race.

They seem much more ambushy than stealthy.
    Which is how a Naga rogue would be: less stealth and more ambush and brute force their enemy down. Much like a combat rogue, which they have in the form of Coilfang Shatterers.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2013-08-21 at 02:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Naga are based off of snakes. Snakes are pretty fucking stealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I agree with him though.
    I imagine Naga can ambush well from the water... but I mean.... anyplace else their slithering is going to be pretty loud and obvious, and they can't exactly crouch well and sneak along without looking very silly.

I also can't imagine a Naga using Killing Spree or Shadowstep.

They seem much more ambushy than stealthy.
    snakes are real life rogues. they slither around without being noticed and than stick a poisonous "dagger" in your butt. naga are snake people. they MUST have the rogue option.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Naga are based off of snakes. Snakes are pretty fucking stealthy.

Yes. Actually, rogues would be about perfect for naga. They can sneak up, strike fast, and be off before the victim can even hit the ground. 9/10 would play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post

Did you not even play anything in Burning Crusade or Vashj'ir? Females Nagas iun fact do wear clothes over their waists.

Naga can easily be Warlocks.

The Naga could be shamans, as their affinity with water could grant them some ability to control it.

There were many Naga around long before Death Knights became playable, so yes, they can easily be playable.

As well, there's still Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Mages, and Priests as viable classes for them. So yea, your little "what classes could they play" is easily a waste of time since they already have 5 classes they can start with if they picked them as a new playable race.

A few valid points but still:

1. Cloths on monster models is not the same as redesigning ALL in game chest armor and gloves to accommodate four arms.
    2. All that fire warlocks use underwater? Yeah sure.
    3. All that fire and lightning underwater that shamen? Probably fine.
    4. I don't know if you ever played a death knight but the starting zone kinda doesn't give room for Naga.

yes I don't have problems with fire mages and holy priests but 5 classes is a bit limited. I checked it. The least one race has is seven.

Again, I would squeel in delight if we got playable Naga. But As an adult with a degree I have to be realistic. Needs a lot of lore stretch and willing suspension of disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Yes. Actually, rogues would be about perfect for naga. They can sneak up, strike fast, and be off before the victim can even hit the ground. 9/10 would play.
    Notice how the snake is just sitting there, not sneaking up on something?
    You're also considering a snake small enough to hide in grass, and not make very much noise.

When a 10ft long 200lbs half-man half-snake monster slithers towards you, I'm confident you're going to notice.

They just don't feel like thieves or assassins. They are like super-heavy hitting warriors who lie in wait and then ambush a target.

Deleted

Would they cackle after they gank a leveling person like that snake?

Female naga already have that four arms thing going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Would they cackle after they gank a leveling person like that snake?
    They -so- should, haha. I do think one of their weaponless attack animations should be striking out and putting their fangs in somebody. Would look pretty cool.

You're also considering a snake small enough to hide in grass, and not make very much noise.

When a 10ft long 200lbs half-man half-snake monster slithers towards you, I'm confident you're going to notice.

They just don't feel like thieves or assassins. They are like super-heavy hitting warriors who lie in wait and then ambush a target.
    Actually, I think they could sound pretty silent when trying to sneak up. A lot more silent than a pandaren would, at least.

15+ Year Old Account

They do feel like thieves and assassins. Snakes are stealthy. This is a very, very common trope. Furthermore, Naga should be quite a bit quieter than a panda or orc - both of which are 300lbs+ and not very stealth-like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Actually, we only know that 'a great darkness' is coming. Think about it.

Deathwing was corrupted by the old gods because he was granted power over the earth and all that lies beneath it. He was able to feel the old god's prisons, which were described as a 'great darkness'.
    Wrathion, being the last remaining black dragon, has limited power over the earth. Could he, too, possibly feel the old god's corruption deep down? Could that be the great darkness he feels is coming?

We've interpreted it as the legion by one hint only: The image he shows us of infernals falling onto Azeroth. For all we know, that was only his way of depicting danger. The way he described it was that it was a great darkness; Something which fits every description we've ever heard of the Old Gods, and in many ways lines up with the legacy his father left behind.
    So that whole point where he says 'The legion WILL return' has been conveniently forgotten again? Or was it all just a figment of our imagination that he says that in the Legendary quest chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Actually, we only know that 'a great darkness' is coming. Think about it.

Deathwing was corrupted by the old gods because he was granted power over the earth and all that lies beneath it. He was able to feel the old god's prisons, which were described as a 'great darkness'.
    Wrathion, being the last remaining black dragon, has limited power over the earth. Could he, too, possibly feel the old god's corruption deep down? Could that be the great darkness he feels is coming?

We've interpreted it as the legion by one hint only: The image he shows us of infernals falling onto Azeroth. For all we know, that was only his way of depicting danger. The way he described it was that it was a great darkness; Something which fits every description we've ever heard of the Old Gods, and in many ways lines up with the legacy his father left behind.
    This is not true. He did actually say "The Legion WILL find us." he used the words "the Legion" there is no mistaking what he was talking about. The timeline, however, remains to be seen.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    A few valid points but still:

1. Cloths on monster models is not the same as redesigning ALL in game chest armor and gloves to accommodate four arms.
    2. All that fire warlocks use underwater? Yeah sure.
    3. All that fire and lightning underwater that shamen? Probably fine.
    4. I don't know if you ever played a death knight but the starting zone kinda doesn't give room for Naga.

yes I don't have problems with fire mages and holy priests but 5 classes is a bit limited. I checked it. The least one race has is seven.

Again, I would squeel in delight if we got playable Naga. But As an adult with a degree I have to be realistic. Needs a lot of lore stretch and willing suspension of disbelief.
    1 - except for shoulder and helm, all the other armor pieces are just mapped on the player model. they don't need to redesign the armor, they just need to map it right on the model. easy. they've already done it, in fact.

2 - the highborne were the first warlocks of azeroth, and they became the naga. mages use fire too, and naga mages are a must. also: fireballs and dragons, it's magic, fire can burn underwater.

3 - we have quite a few naga shaman npcs around.

4 - it didn't give room to goblins and worgen either, and blizz made room for them. considering that borean tundra had a big naga population that was murdered by kvaldir just before we arrive on northrend, with their corpses unceremoniously left to rot there, I'd say it would have been easy for the lich king to grab a few naga for himself.

That looks pretty cool. Helms and boots would be an issue, but a lot of players run around without helm graphics anyway. And if we're getting into the whole convo about not being able to see gear, druids have been doing that for 9 years.

At this point, I think the biggest issue would be mounts. But I have no doubt that Blizzard could figure something out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    1 - except for shoulder and helm, all the other armor pieces are just mapped on the player model. they don't need to redesign the armor, they just need to map it right on the model. easy. they've already done it, in fact.

2 - the highborne were the first warlocks of azeroth, and they became the naga. mages use fire too, and naga mages are a must. also: fireballs and dragons, it's magic, fire can burn underwater.

3 - we have quite a few naga shaman npcs around.

4 - it didn't give room to goblins and worgen either, and blizz made room for them. considering that borean tundra had a big naga population that was murdered by kvaldir just before we arrive on northrend, with their corpses unceremoniously left to rot there, I'd say it would have been easy for the lich king to grab a few naga for himself.
    Oh god that's so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raseri View Post
    Oh god that's so ugly.
    That's subjective. I think it looks pretty cool. Also consider that if Naga are made into a playable race, they'd be updating the models for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raseri View Post
    Oh god that's so ugly.
    they are beautiful and perfectly fappable, IMHO.

The second set of arms are also a problem, no suits of armor are curently designed to have 4 arms. They would have to go back and redo every suit of armor.

Males! (which imo, I like more because they.. well, they actually have the snake heads. Not a fan of female humanoid heads as opposed to the snake heads the males have)

So, now that Reaper of Souls is indeed true, does it mean that The Dark Below is also true or fake?