Thread: Jaina

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The pink makeup isn't a guy thing either. It's pretty much just a hooker thing.

I'd love to see a realistic depiction of PTSD in WoW. If Jaina is supposed to be suffering from it then I'm pretty disgusted. Fortunately not everyone suffers from PTSD, most research points to a predisposition toward the common effects of PTSD before the event, so all the major lore characters suffering from it would be weird. However, in Jaina's case it makes less sense, since repeated exposure to stressor events decreases the likelihood of a long term mental breakdown associated with PTSD.
    She does not have PTSD in any form, but for a moment it was amusing to envision what it would be like if they did. Only for a few seconds...

Actually it was just plain wrong....>_<

Dear Blizz, remove hooker make up. Kthxbai

Jaina's transformation in-game has jumped a few steps here and there. Those of us that didn't read Tides of War missed a huge step there. While it's understandable why she would be more active in the A vs H war and politics in general, she has skipped ahead too much. She went from neutral (vanilla) -> passive (Wrath) -> pissed (Tides of War) -> neutral again (5.1) -> pissed again (5.1-5.2) -> diplomatic (end of 5.2) -> huehuehuehue (end cinematic).

Last time we saw her before this patch, she was being somewhat kind with Lor'themar, softening her expression and acknowledging that there are bigger fish to fry (after Taran Zhu rips her and Lor'themar a new one). This gave us hope she would be as Varian is now - strong, independent, yet also reasonable at the right times. Now with the end cinematic, she comes off sneaky and underhanded. She literally whispers evil thoughts into Varian's ear. It bothered me a lot, but also made me laugh, which it wasn't supposed to do.

I'm hoping if anything she does stick around in upcoming expansions so they can mess with her personality more, and find a good balance between old Jaina and new Jaina.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Not only they have assassinated her character. They downgraded her from badass action girl, from hands-on person, to manipulative backsitter who enjoys the perspective of violence. In the novel, even when she was going to lay waste to Orgrimmar, she didn't enjoy it. Her attitude was grim-dark determination, not pleasure.

Even if she had suffered a PTSD and was nuts and out for blood, which would be understandable, if Jaina was remotely her old self she would have attacked the Horde leaders on her own, rather than relying on a male figure of authority to take care of the matter.
    She never had problems before standing up to Varian, acting without his consent. What is her problem now?
    Last edited by mmoca165b6ca3d; 2013-09-13 at 04:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Not only they have assassinated her character. They downgraded her from badass action girl, from hands-on person, to manipulative backsitter who enjoys the perspective of violence. In the novel, even when she was going to lay waste to Orgrimmar, she didn't enjoy it. Her attitude was grim-dark determination, not pleasure.

Even if she had suffered a PTSD and was nuts and out for blood, which would be understandable, if Jaina was remotely her old self she would have attacked the Horde leaders on her own, rather than relying on a male figure of authority to take care of the matter.
    She never had problems before standing up to Varian, acting without his consent. What is her problem now?
    Shes fucking nuts that's her problem lol

Quote Originally Posted by LaserBees View Post
    Why in the world would anyone want to see a realistic portrayal of PTSD in WoW?! It's a fantasy game. C'mon society, we don't need the gritty depressing real-world infecting EVERY escapist fiction we have. WoW doesn't need PTSD.
    You're probably right. These people have been at war for so long that none of them would remember when there was any lasting peace. The place would be bleak and miserable. I'm surprised there are places left that around surrounded by castle walls.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    She is definitely heading down a dark path, I don't know why it's so difficult to grasp the concept that great loss and tragedy can lead even the best of us to darkness.

Yes it is entirely unreasonable to blame members of a Horde Rebellion for Garrosh's crimes, but she is not thinking rationally one bit and imo that is the point. It all makes sense given her role in this expansion, I don't think Blizzard is bringing this out of left field at all. Let's not forget that Garrosh even kept children of Theramore prisoner in Orgrimmar, this is not something anyone would get over quickly.

She can still come back from this and perhaps Varian's actions in the cinematic would help her see the light, but if they do push her deeper into darkness it has the potential to be an excellent parallel with her lost lover Arthas.

If you ask me, Blizzard has given the Alliance it's version of Sylvanas, a rogue element with darker intentions brought by great personal tragedy.

Just my two cents.

The tweet by Dave Kosak should really put an end to the claims of insanity:

She didn't say kill. She said dismantle. She asserted that the Horde should no longer self-govern.
    Now, if anyone seriously thinks that this is an unreasonable position for the Alliance to take, they need to read up on their lore. How many second chances does the Horde deserve?

Yes it is entirely unreasonable to blame members of a Horde Rebellion for Garrosh's crimes, but she is not thinking rationally one bit and imo that is the point.
    Let's make one thing perfectly clear: the rebellion only started after Garrosh turned on the rest of the Horde. Vol'jin and co. don't give a damn about the losses the Alliance suffered. Maybe Baine felt bad about it, but even he didn't attempt to stop it until it was the Horde races getting a boot up the backside. Before that, the members of the Rebellion were actively participating in Garrosh's crimes. Hell, Vol'jin even wanted him to have the Divine Bell.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2013-09-13 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperspeed View Post
    She is definitely heading down a dark path, I don't know why it's so difficult to grasp the concept that great loss and tragedy can lead even the best of us to darkness.

Yes it is entirely unreasonable to blame members of a Horde Rebellion for Garrosh's crimes, but she is not thinking rationally one bit and imo that is the point. It all makes sense given her role in this expansion, I don't think Blizzard is bringing this out of left field at all. Let's not forget that Garrosh even kept children of Theramore prisoner in Orgrimmar, this is not something anyone would get over quickly.

She can still come back from this and perhaps Varian's actions in the cinematic would help her see the light, but if they do push her deeper into darkness it has the potential to be an excellent parallel with her lost lover Arthas.

If you ask me, Blizzard has given the Alliance it's version of Sylvanas, a rogue element with darker intentions brought by great personal tragedy.

Just my two cents.
    Great an ''Ally'' Sylvanas just what we need -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Shes fucking nuts that's her problem lol
    She even looks it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    She even looks it now.
    Look it her makeup LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Kalecgos ruffed her a bit to much in bed, and shes going on a insane rampage. :L
    For the Horde!

Absolute butchering of a character.

I've heard of character development but this isn't the first time Jaina loses something, why the fuck is she batshit insane now?

I hope she dies, brutally and slowly. (evil grin)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperspeed View Post

Just my two cents.
    The problem is that tragedy doesn't universally cause people to become dark individuals. If everyone in the story responds identically to tragedy then people have a valid complaint about weak writing. Is it an "excellent parallel" if everything is parallel? Jaina has been a passive naive character for her entire existence and having her continue doing nothing would have been stupid as well but having her head down the same emotional path of corruption as everyone else is just weird.

Regardless, this is at the core of the complaint. Many people felt that Jaina's character would have responded differently to tragedy than other people in the WoW universe. Now that this has proven not to be the case some people are hoping she's possessed, doppleganged or suffering from arcane corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    She wont die anytime soon, the Alliance would trow another tantrum if she did.
    Though she clearly is leaning more and more towards the bad side.

Bitch fight between Jaina and Sylvanas next.
    But only if it is in mud or jello with lots of clothes ripping!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
    But only if it is in mud or jello with lots of clothes ripping!
    Yeah and their forces would be to distracted by it to fight for their home. :P
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

Now, if anyone seriously thinks that this is an unreasonable position for the Alliance to take, they need to read up on their lore. How many second chances does the Horde deserve?

Let's make one thing perfectly clear: the rebellion only started after Garrosh turned on the rest of the Horde. Vol'jin and co. don't give a damn about the losses the Alliance suffered. Maybe Baine felt bad about it, but even he didn't attempt to stop it until it was the Horde races getting a boot up the backside. Before that, the members of the Rebellion were actively participating in Garrosh's crimes. Hell, Vol'jin even wanted him to have the Divine Bell.
    If Varian had gone over there and told them that they could no longer lead themselves there would have been a pretty epic bloodbath in that room, ultimate showdown style.

If she'd proposed going over there and reminding them that it's time to take care of Sylvanas as a sign that the horde is putting this stuff behind them then there would be no reason to complain.

Frankly, I like Jaina a lot more now than ever before in her WoW development. She's pretty much always looked for any reason to avoid conflict, blah blah blah. I like that she's got a little rage in her now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    She didn't say kill. She said dismantle. She asserted that the Horde should no longer self-govern.
    100% agree. Jaina watched her ENTIRE CITY be destroyed, by a people she had defended to the point of letting HER OWN FATHER die. How many chances should the Horde get? Not to mention that her friendship with Thrall was another thing she lost due to Garrosh--she came to Thrall for help dealing with Garrosh before Theramore was destroyed, and he did nothing. So there is some resentment there too--she blames him for the entire ordeal. And rightly so, Thrall should have had better insight into Garrosh's character before appointing him warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Last time we saw her before this patch, she was being somewhat kind with Lor'themar, softening her expression and acknowledging that there are bigger fish to fry (after Taran Zhu rips her and Lor'themar a new one).
    I read that as her walking away fuming and frustrated rather than conciliatory.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    She was asking for the disbanding of the Horde, not wanton death and destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been so happy to read a reply from Dave Kosak.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.