Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Timeless Isle - what has been nerfed? we know turtle spawns definitely were.

what else has been?

did the monkey cache get nerfed? I spent over 20k coins the past two days and haven't gotten a single burden?

- - - Updated - - -

just read on wowhead that the drop rate from the cache WAS nerfed, why isn't this on mmo-champion's front page?

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=219975

what a disgrace, blizz can't tell us this shit? spent over 15k coins for nothing

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friend spend about 90k coins today since i told him ''You know that mount can only be obtained if your exalted right I hope you know'' so he spend all of his shit on gamble thing. He only got a bunch tokens and 2 burdens so yeah they nerfed the gamble thing pretty hard

In terms of the turtle I haven't seen much changes.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Friend spend about 90k coins today since i told him ''You know that mount can only be obtained if your exalted right I hope you know'' so he spend all of his shit on gamble thing. He only got a bunch tokens and 2 burdens so yeah they nerfed the gamble thing pretty hard

So he actually made plus in the end, or do you mean 90k + looted coins.

I opened 5 chests, got 1 burden + bonkers.
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2013-09-13 at 03:13 AM.

Last night I saw the rare turtle ("Furyshell"?) appear between 15 and 45 seconds apart. At least once there were two up on the same minimap at the same time. I also learned that rewards have diminishing returns as my main simply stopped getting tokens and usable amounts of coins from rares a few dozen before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    So he actually made plus in the end, or do you mean 90k + looted coins.

I opened 5 chests, got 1 burden + bonkers.
    2 burdens and a bunch of tokens with a left over 412 coins lol he did shit hardcore

2 burdens and a bunch of tokens with a left over 412 coins lol he did shit hardcore
    He has gambling issues, i smell a intervention incoming!

10+ Year Old Account

Since the burdens cost 50k, he actually got quite a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Since the burdens cost 50k, he actually got quite a deal.
    If he started out with 90k he really didn't. I guess he spent much more then that, most boxes contain 300-500 coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    If he started out with 90k he really didn't. I guess he spent much more then that, most boxes contain 300-500 coins.
    He started with 90k. He ended with items worth more than 90k. That's a good deal. It's not "WOW WHAT AMAZING LUCK I HAVE", but he still benefited.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Last night I saw the rare turtle ("Furyshell"?) appear between 15 and 45 seconds apart. At least once there were two up on the same minimap at the same time. I also learned that rewards have diminishing returns as my main simply stopped getting tokens and usable amounts of coins from rares a few dozen before that.
    Had this on our realm too, cept we had 4 of them up at the same time..

so as of know what are the best way to spend your coins? other then the mount (and trinket if your still gearing up) the chests are still best, right?

^ I would like to know this as well

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got about half a dozen burdens from the very generous slot machine so I am happy with whatever now, I guess.

pre or post hotfix

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    so as of know what are the best way to spend your coins? other then the mount (and trinket if your still gearing up) the chests are still best, right?

before the hotfix at 7am thismorning chests were amazeing got 2 burdens int he time i spent like 30k tokens or so (15k-0 kept buying keys untill i was out)

spent well over that much after patch didnt get one

Reduced the chance for Burden of Eternity to drop from Kukuru's Caches.

yup GG blizz

instead of grinding dailies we get to grind 500k mobs for rep and coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

yeah I don't understand why I have to grind thousands of mobs for a piece of 535 gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    He started with 90k. He ended with items worth more than 90k. That's a good deal. It's not "WOW WHAT AMAZING LUCK I HAVE", but he still benefited.
    Unless I've misunderstood something, he spent 90k plus the coins he got from the chest, which should be way more than 90k total. Considering that, I wouldn't say it's a good deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roarsaurus View Post
    Unless I've misunderstood something, he spent 90k plus the coins he got from the chest, which should be way more than 90k total. Considering that, I wouldn't say it's a good deal.
    Lol that's correct you get an equal or a lesser or even a greater amount of coins in each box in Skype he was like ''Few of these fucking boxes contained ONE COIN WHAT THE FUCK'' a lot of frustration was held there haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Roarsaurus View Post
    Right, but the coins he got back from spending his 90k coins are part of what he got from the chest, so you don't want to double count them when determining if it was worth it or not. For example, if you start with 90k coins, burn them all on keys, and the keys get you 60k coins (which you also spend) plus 2 burdens, you are essentially coming away with 2 burdens for 90k coins.

They can't make it so your returns from spending all your coins on chest keys is significantly better than your returns from saving up and buying the items. Otherwise, the gambling is the only "right" way to spend coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    yeah I don't understand why I have to grind thousands of mobs for a piece of 535 gear?
    You don't have to and I don't really know why anyone ever would when you can get 540 gear from easy flex bosses (more if it's warforged). 535 is only fractionally more than SoO LFR gear which I think is 528.