Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you care about gaining rep on the isle, then it turns into a horrible grind. One of the worst I've ever seen in WoW. Having to kill like 1000 of these elites(which are annoying as hell to fight) is just ridiculous.

There needs to be more quests/daily quests to speed the process up. Most people will not get to exalted, especially on high pop realms, for weeks.

At least it's not near as bad as collecting 2000 bloody coins. It actually used to be 10000 coins you needed to collect for the achieve.

MOP has had so many "grinds". If I was a PVE player I would've stopped playing long ago.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-09-15 at 02:52 PM.

Loving the vanilla style rep grind, being allowed to do as much as you want when you have free time is so fun rather being told "you are allowed to do 8 daily quests for this faction with no alternate paths to gain rep and must log on everyday to be be exalted in 18 days, failing to log on will take you longer to reach exalted".

My take on it anyway

I'm also on a pve server and see loads of world pvp going on which looks quite fun, guessing this will die down quickly though.

Deleted
    This patch was quite a good 'boost' to my will to play. Proving grounds seemed boring until I tried, where I kept going until I made gold. Flex raid was awesome, just the level of difficult I was after, however it was a more coordinated group and not a bunch of randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 seems to be an exciting patch, I'm enjoying the raid and starting heroics next week. I think the new timeless isle is second to the sunwell isle released in TBC, but imo, that's hard to beat. Thumbs up so far.

I can only agree. I've spend who knows how many hours on that island this week, only taking a break to try out flex which is a great way for my guild to finally try some more serious raiding

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Reputation - I've already grinded Emperor Shaohao to exalted and I loved the grind. Made around 170,000 timeless coins in the process.
    Gave up at honored.

Achievements - I honestly wish there was more of these and that things like Rolo's Riddle went more into depth because it wasn't much of a riddle. It basically gave you the area and the last part was painfully obvious. Zarhym's Body was a fun little break too but there needs to be more achievements.
    Don't really care for achievements unless there is some reward.

Proving Grounds - I've been wishing and praising about a system like this ever since Cataclysm came out. The very fact that I saw a thread on the official forums about people having difficulty with Silver is mind boggling to me. Does it make me a bad person to require people to have gold in their specific role to come to my raids now?
    Gave up after silver. It ain't worth it, no reward.

Flex Raids - A bigger hit than I thought they would be. However, if you run them with a pug.. be warned.. headaches will ensue. If you run them with a guild or a coordinated group, then it's a pushover. I'm not a huge fan of the LFR loot system, but oh well, it's an extra gear up opportunity.
    Have not tried it yet. Maybe some day when players are less picky.

World PvP - The Bloody Coin farming is the most hilarious thing i've seen in this expansion so far. The rage that comes from General chat when people get killed is beyond hilarious, especially the people on PvP servers.
    Considered trying if I'm bored enough, but PVP was never really my thing.

But yes, overall it has been a very fun addition to the game. I hope Blizzard continues along this line of content and innovate more in this direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Because it shows people the guy whispering them is not a terrible player as getting gold requires a slight bit of execution and understanding of your class mechanics.
    ok lets imagine a situation here. U are putting together a pug for normal SoO guy A whispers u with gold PG but no achi from the raid and guy B whispers u with no PG achi but full clear SoO feat, u wouldnt take guy B but u would take guy A since u are requiring pg gold from everyone n your raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    why would u require a none raid achievement from ppl to join raids? i sure as hell am not doing proving grounds i hate all stuff that decreases ur ilvl makes the whole idea of having good gear pointless they could have atleast chosen a decent ilvl to decrease to. barely bothered to drag my self thru challenge modes and only cos they atleast rewarded something other than an achievement
    Because it proves you can somewhat play your class. I agree with his decision and I hope every1 implements that instead of gearchecks. I don't give a shit about your leet ilvl if you're a retard who stands in fire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    ok lets imagine a situation here. U are putting together a pug for normal SoO guy A whispers u with gold PG but no achi from the raid and guy B whispers u with no PG achi but full clear SoO feat, u wouldnt take guy B but u would take guy A since u are requiring pg gold from everyone n your raids?
    I would take them both or if I had to choose I'd choose guy A if he doesn't have the achievement for raid... because he has more to gain by participating than the guy who already did the raid.

Deleted
    Loving this patch and i havent even tried the new raid or even proving grounds. And arenas hasnt even started yet (which is my main thing).

THe only part with this patch is horde on horde killing on Timeless Isle. I dont support it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Because it proves you can somewhat play your class. I agree with his decision and I hope every1 implements that instead of gearchecks. I don't give a shit about your leet ilvl if you're a retard who stands in fire.
    You need both though. Everyone can complete PG in 463 ilvl (it scales you down to that ilvl) if they have the skill for it. I would NEVER take a 463 in a SoO raid, idc if he's the alt of someone in Method. If you think gear is not important in this game, it is time to take your head out of the ground.

That being said, I would take a 525 with gold PG over someone with silver (who probably gave up on gold) at 530 if both have similar raid exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    'I die too quickly'. One might argue: Deal with it and suck it up. But you're right.

A game should be forgiving for making a mistake. Getting one shot due to server lag, or other factors is just meh. I would be ok if every of those frontal cone/melee AoEs did 90k damage, but to completely one shot everyone that either tries to pass the mob or makes a small mistake? That is just stupid.

Blizzard's definition of difficult mobs = high hp, a couple mechanics, AND ONE SHOTS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    You need both though. Everyone can complete PG in 463 ilvl (it scales you down to that ilvl) if they have the skill for it. I would NEVER take a 463 in a SoO raid, idc if he's the alt of someone in Method. If you think gear is not important in this game, it is time to take your head out of the ground.

That being said, I would take a 525 with gold PG over someone with silver (who probably gave up on gold) at 530 if both have similar raid exp.
    What about the people who are confident of their skill and simply ignore it? It's meant for people to learn their rotation and new specs, not for people who know every aspect of their class and the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

MOP has had so many "grinds". If I was a PVE player I would've stopped playing long ago.
    I used the free week they sent me to try out the new stuff. I had not played in 8 months so i was amazed that they would implement a zone like Timeless Isle. They stepped back in time 10 years by doing this. All those shitty 'Asian Grind Mmo's' that people have always complained about seems to be the inspiration for it. Seems odd to me that they would add such a tedious grind when they wanted to move away from the 'Daily Grind' that put they said was a big misstep at the start of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    What about the people who are confident of their skill and simply ignore it? It's meant for people to learn their rotation and new specs, not for people who know every aspect of their class and the game.
    Can't they take <1h of their time and go do it? If it means they'll have better chances of getting taken in raids. It's not like it was a huge grind or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    The gold challenge does more then just learning rotations and priority systems though, it also have executional tests that demand the player to pay attention to the encounter.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-09-15 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the elites on the timeless isle had more health, most of the time someone announces there's an elite up, it is dead well before you get there.

The rep grind is slow, but at least it doesn't have many rewards tied to it. So I will just take my time with it. Done so many horrible rep grinds from before, that 1 more isn't the end of the world for me.

I have heard it's barely any better on PvE servers btw.
    Of course it is better on a PvE realm, by default you aren't PvP tagged. So as long as you don't flag yourself you are fine. Thankfully.
    I have not been killed by anyone so far, since i have not PvP tagged myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeela View Post
    Timeless Isle is the same shit than all others from this Expansion. my2cent
    You do realize your 2 cents are not worth much given this sentence of yours is unintelligible?

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be many hidden quests in WoW, mostly from Vanilla, that were swept away with the Cataclysm.

Bring them back, I say!

And congrats on the exalted grind, guess I should get my arse into gear.

Any tips on which location the aim for?

ALso, can it be done in a raid group?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    If you care about gaining rep on the isle, then it turns into a horrible grind. One of the worst I've ever seen in WoW. Having to kill like 1000 of these elites(which are annoying as hell to fight) is just ridiculous.

There needs to be more quests/daily quests to speed the process up. Most people will not get to exalted, especially on high pop realms, for weeks.

At least it's not near as bad as collecting 2000 bloody coins. It actually used to be 10000 coins you needed to collect for the achieve.

You don't have to finish the grind the first week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A game should be forgiving for making a mistake. Getting one shot due to server lag, or other factors is just meh. I would be ok if every of those frontal cone/melee AoEs did 90k damage, but to completely one shot everyone that either tries to pass the mob or makes a small mistake? That is just stupid.
    800k long range frontal AoE does seem a little over the top for a mob that comes in packs, outdoors. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do other than die and pay 12g in repairs.

Deleted
    the pvp item is quite fun. was like a group of 20 at the normal ordos mobs. someone goes "dragon that drops mount is up!" and everyone rushes and they get ganked xD
    havent tried the item myself yet.

overall.. the island gets old pretty fast. for me there is no incentive to farm rep or coins. maybe on alts but its just boring :-P