• 10-15

114 14.75%
  • 15-20

67 8.67%
  • 20-25

32 4.14%
  • 25+

176 22.77%
  • Blizzard should remove 3rd party addons.

39 5.05%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are a healer the default UI does pretty much everything except play the game for you... if you need an addon to tell you when x cd is done and what skills to use you're just a baddie... even DBM became less mandatory with the implementation of dungeon journal...
    So you're saying that showing dots on nameplates (something blizz ui doesn't do) makes someone a baddie? Or how about a weak aura for important debuffs so you're not having to constantly check the top right corner of your screen whilst focusing on the job t hand?

I'm very doubtful you raid without any add ons yourself.

Oh and the word baddie just makes you look like an ass.

On topic I use about 5-10 add ons for raiding. Although one of them is elv ui which does what many custom uis require alot of add ons to do.

Skada, DBM, Elv ui, Tidy plates, Weak Auras, Affdots
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-10-04 at 03:04 PM.

i think i may have lied on the poll

i use:
    DBM
    bartender
    weak auras
    altoholic
    reforgenator
    quick mark
    omen
    recount

i was using decursive and grid when i used to heal on my shaman, other than that, i really cba to keep updating any more addons, or find myself incapable of playing without them. the most important one to me is bartender for my razer naga mouse setup.

the blizz UI could definitely do with more updating though, but i can live with the standard UI if i have to - however i do laugh at people that need billions of addons to pay the game, my brother in law is like that i can rib him all the time about it. he's got an addon for absolutely anything, i swear his addon folder is close to the same size as the rest of his wow installation.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to just be:
    Vuhdo
    Recount
    Weakauras

since two weeks ago i have also added
    Postmaster
    DBM
    Auctioneer

also thinking about researching a few more:
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-10-04 at 03:22 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    I've been a raid leader as a tank and mele dps and managed fine without addons, if i do a feral druids dps rotation fine, while telling 25 often people what to do, i see no reason why other people can't.

I don't care if people change thier UI using addons but to say that you need addons to raid well is nonsense, it makes the game easier or atleast there are addons that make the game easier, which i do not like.
    So you can do it so everyone should be able to do it? As well i find it odd that raid leading / raiding was/is so easy and you had no issues with cordinating your raid and yet .. no hand of adal, no champion of the naru, no amani warbear, I mean Zul grub's origional version was easy and there was not that many addons yet still achive only on 26/01/2009 when most got it in 2008.

Sorry but I just hate when people tell others they have no issue diong X and it's easy and they can't understand why others use "XYZ" to help with something so easy then you look at there achievements and they were months behind regular progress and in most cases didn't even do most of the raids. That is the true bonus of shared achievements doesnt matter that you are playing your DK now all the achievements from past toons show up with apropriate dates... so please get off your high horse saying addons make an ez game too easy when it's clearly never been too easy for you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some UI's and thought "WTF... Really?" Mine is basic. I don't use anything that changes my screen drastically. Bartender to reduce the size of my bars, and put them in a spot I'm more comfy with. The rest are things like DBM, coords, Needtoknow, and occasionally pet & rare spawn related. If I was forced to drop every addon I don't think it would impact me all that much.

When I was raiding heroics that would have been a different story...

Blizzard has steadily improved ui elements over the years but still there are some features that are not entirely intuitive.

Raid frames - blizzard has now provided very good frames with lots of customisation and good built in filtering of buffs and debuffs

Rare trackers (like silver dragon) - i love the new skull icons for all rares that appear on the map, this is even better than the silver dragon type mods

Boss mod - blizzard has quite alot of telegraphs for abilities now so it should be perfectly possible to learn and execute a fight without mods, however their dungeon journal should provide more information like ability cooldowns/frequency to truly remove the need for boss timer bars.

Procs/Buffs - while we have the mock power aura alerts and light up buttons for some procs, we don't have suitable alerts for things such as trinkets or an easy way to filter our buffs and highlight them properly. This is where weakauras really comes into its own.

Debuffs - this isn't too bad but it would be nicer to have them bigger/more visible effects for major boss debuffs

Target frame - it's not the the info isn't there, it's that it is displayed in a very bloated style

Moveable elements - we could do with seeing more elements being moveable and the gryphon art frame for instance being removable

co-ordinates - i know i saw a recent blue post saying they were not necessary but quite frankly they are very very useful to giving directions to new players and simply keeping track of where things are

Scrolling combat text - it always seems a little too big or intrusive on the screen so some options would be good but it's mostly fine/shows the info you want

Combat log/data - actually with combat logging and world of logs i'd argue you don't need skada/recount too much, it would be great to see blizzard itself take up some kind of data parsing itself though, similar to the score frame at the end of moba game for instance showing the damage done etc... The existing combat frame in the chat gives you everything, just in a user unfriendly way.

Deaths - working out why you die can be tricky, again similar to some moba's who have a death log that displays the last few hits you received or the last few seconds of life (i think 10-15 seconds is a good measure in wow).

Blizzard has improved their ui with every expansion and i find i need less addons each expansion to give me what i need, I think you can certainly play without any addons now, it just isn't the most intuitive display of everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    So you can do it so everyone should be able to do it? As well i find it odd that raid leading / raiding was/is so easy and you had no issues with cordinating your raid and yet .. no hand of adal, no champion of the naru, no amani warbear, I mean Zul grub's origional version was easy and there was not that many addons yet still achive only on 26/01/2009 when most got it in 2008.

Sorry but I just hate when people tell others they have no issue diong X and it's easy and they can't understand why others use "XYZ" to help with something so easy then you look at there achievements and they were months behind regular progress and in most cases didn't even do most of the raids. That is the true bonus of shared achievements doesnt matter that you are playing your DK now all the achievements from past toons show up with apropriate dates... so please get off your high horse saying addons make an ez game too easy when it's clearly never been too easy for you!
    You clearly didn't read my post at all

10+ Year Old Account
    The standard UI looks disgusting to me. So plain and boring, i hate the circular minimap as well.

For raiding my setup is rather simple. Most of them are cosmetic, but a few I feel are pretty important. Elvui for one allowed me to get rid of about 10 other addons. Other than that I use recount and DMB. Now that's just for raiding... We won't get into my auction suite lol.. Remove addons? Absolutely not. I would never voluntarily go back to the looks of the default UI!

Deleted
    Addons and UI enhancements to me are separate entities. In some way I think there is a culture of over reliance on both but I like the fact its available.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are a healer the default UI does pretty much everything except play the game for you... if you need an addon to tell you when x cd is done and what skills to use you're just a baddie... even DBM became less mandatory with the implementation of dungeon journal...
    Not only Dungeon Journal, but constant spam of "BOSS IS CASTING THIS SPELL", raid markers, etc. One person (raid leader) needs DBM for timers and such, the rest of the raid is fine without it. I like Elvui for a more minimalist look, other than that, the game has been fairly idiot proofed.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    and yes people have gone addon crazy, but i am not judging... add away friends add away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    i dont use a single addon..

would like a addon or macro to randomize the mounts i mount.. and one to spawn one of my companion pets at random.
    Don't know if anyone suggested GupPet, but it does both of those in one addon. ^_^

As for me, I use about 20 baseline, with a few extra specific to certain classes (e.g. HaloPro for Priest).

The only thing I have left of the original UI are the bags.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the following add ons.

Gatherer
    Tom Tom
    Archy
    Ackis Recipe List
    NPCScan

That is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    The only thing I have left of the original UI are the bags.
    We can fix that

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    With the exception of weak auras/bigwigs, the rest of my addons/ui is for aesthetic purposes due the the default ui making my eyes bleed.
    Pretty much this, with the exception of auctioning addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

The default UI is ugly, takes up way too much room, and is spread out way too far. I don't need visible action bars, and all my important information in various corners of the screen.

What I do need is a minimalist UI, Affdots and some weakauras.

DBM
    Atlasloot
    Titanbar

Deleted
    Addons are one of WoW's greatest strengths. The ability to display relevant information in an easy to spot place is a godsent, how the fuck are you going to track your trinket procs when you have 20+ buffs rolling?

you by no means need to have addons.

I USE ZERO ZIP NADDA

and i killed kanrethad as a clicker *in the second week he was available**i had 483ish item lvl at the time*

i got through half of tot before my guild forced me to get DBM for duromue the giant eye ball *and it wasn't because i need it it was becuase leader needed me to have it incase i got the life drain. other wise i try to keep it off.

my screen is open and clear and i like the default UI

My warlocks name is Káelthas on emerald dream and between both factions i am the 3rd best demo warlock going by wow heroes *25th between all specs*
    and my guild currently is on dark shaman in normal mode Siege

but then locks been getting nerfed a lot so not many of us left anyways as we get changed every month
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2013-10-04 at 06:54 PM.