View Poll Results: How likely do you think it is that Heroes of the Storm is EXP 5?

Voters
320. This poll is closed
  • 1 - Not at all.

107 33.44%
  • 2 - I'm not discounting the possibility.

90 28.13%
  • 3 - I'm uncertain, could go either way.

75 23.44%
  • 4 - Very likely.

28 8.75%
  • 5 - I am certain - it is the expansion.

20 6.25%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    I rewatched the announcement just in case and it appears that you are wrong. In the announcement of mop Metzen paints a mental picture for us as can be seen in this video skip to 2:10

To those who didnt watch what he said is "The war that is coming between the alliance and the horde, picture it as a storm in the horizon. The video you are about to see, the land you are about to adventure through(pandaria), the land you are about to experience is much like the calm before that storm"

This clearly without a shadow of a doubt states that mists of pandaria is the calm before the storm in which the alliance and the horde will be caught up in a major war and that war will be the enemy.

Warcraft 3 anyone? this couldnt be more obvious

This in a war almost guarantees that the burning legion will be returning in the next expansion and in order to defeat it we must first defeat the war that plagues the alliance and the horde.
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be offensive. But your post doesn't make sense.

Yes, the war between the Horde and Alliance was the storm. Like I said. Like everybody said.

We've just fought the war. It was fought on Pandaria, which was (relatively) calm before we arrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be offensive. But your post doesn't make sense.

Yes, the war between the Horde and Alliance was the storm. Like I said. Like everybody said.

We've just fought the war. It was fought on Pandaria, which was (relatively) calm before we arrived.
    No no. I take no offense. Please dont make this personal. I am simply trying to argue my position. No offence has been taken. Nor doI mean to offend anyone. If I say that you are wrong it is not a personal attack it is an attack on your arguement.

I dont understand why you are suddenly changing your argument though. Which part do you classify as the war? Landfall or the release of pandaria?

That being said upon further analysis I see now that I am wrong when I watched further and noticed he was talking about 5.1 landfall and about how the war will be fought on panderia.

heroes of storm is `Blizzard's all-stars` dota trademark /thread
    less then mounth left, slooow dooooown with you stupid speculations we will know it all soon™

Deleted
    Okay, cool.

My argument has remained the same, though. I do think the Legion is next, and I do think the Heroes of the Storm trademark refers to us facing off against the Legion; weathering the storm.

But like you say at the end of your post, he was referring to the conflict we brought to Pandaria.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every other day you post another rambling thread claiming HS is the next WoW expansion, and it's us going to Argus, but you have yet to defeat any point we bring up to prove to you it's not going to be for WoW.

I remain unmoved, HS is a rebranding of Blizzard All-Stars, because HS will be a standalone game, not a SC2 mod.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    Thats ironic because you are the one ignoring your own post.

The war against Garrosh and his followers was a rebellion. A rebellion between the horde that disagrees with his policies and the horde that agrees. The alliance just helped the horde that favours an uprising. So no its not a war between the horde and the alliance its more like a war between Garrosh and everyone else.
    From the Alliance perspective, Garrosh is part of the Horde. So it's still a war between Horde and Alliance, with a rebellious faction of the Horde cooperating with the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Every other day you post another rambling thread claiming HS is the next WoW expansion, and it's us going to Argus, but you have yet to defeat any point we bring up to prove to you it's not going to be for WoW.

I remain unmoved, HS is a rebranding of Blizzard All-Stars, because HS will be a standalone game, not a SC2 mod.
    Ha. I've never said we're going to Argus. I've said the trademark is very unlikely to refer to All-Stars, and that is is likely to refer to EXP 5. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From the Alliance perspective, Garrosh is part of the Horde. So it's still a war between Horde and Alliance, with a rebellious faction of the Horde cooperating with the Alliance.
    I already admitted I was wrong, what more do you want?

I didn't make any requests of you.

Believe me, I'll be there with a 'called it' topic and gloat.
    Lol no.

Laughter will fill the air because this is so Blizzard All-Stars. That or the next wow expansion name is lame and it could have been a lot better.

TDB has a lot more stuff backing it up then this. And no TDB is not a hoax, get that out of the way now.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Im pretty convinced at this point that the next expansion will be The Dark Below (maybe a diff name but still N'Zoth/Azshara related), and Heroes of the Storm will really be the new name for Blizzard All-Stars (i think HotS is really more elegant).

Most part of the arguments about the next exp being Burning Legion related is based on all the Wrathion talk, what obviously just confirms there will be an expansion with that theme, but that doesnt mean it will be on a near future...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    and Heroes of the Storm will really be the new name for Blizzard All-Stars (i think HotS is really more elegant).
    What is wrong about BAllS.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What is wrong about BAllS.
    I loled...

Maybe you just gave the exact reason for the change... haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty convinced at this point that the next expansion will be The Dark Below (maybe a diff name but still N'Zoth/Azshara related), and Heroes of the Storm will really be the new name for Blizzard All-Stars (i think HotS is really more elegant).

Most part of the arguments about the next exp being Burning Legion related is based on all the Wrathion talk, what obviously just confirms there will be an expansion with that theme, but that doesnt mean it will be on a near future...
    Eh, now that you mention it, HotS is already taken by Heart of the Swarm? Wouldn't it be stupid to release two games with the same abbreviation? Perhaps it might be a book afterall.

Deleted

Trademarks being removed / failing the application process = hoaxes or very bad legal practice.

We have one massive piece of evidence suggesting the legion is next, and that is Chris Metzen responding to my tweet at the MoP launch event. He really dodged the question and you could tell he didn't want to risk a slip of the tongue, but finally said that we'll be needing them for what's next.

We have no evidence suggesting Azshara or N'Zoth are next. We have evidence suggesting they need to be dealt with, but not next.

Your theory seems far-fetched. It's entirely possible that it is the next WoW expansion, but I doubt it. Sounds too cheesy.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Hmm.. Now that you said that, makes sense, but, no one calls SC HotS anyway, the same way no one calls WoW by any of its exps abreviations... "hey dude, lets go play Cata!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And let the endless hordes of All-Stars supporters go unchallenged? Never!

Plus, speculation is fun, and I'm growing more insane with every day waiting for Blizzcon and what it has to offer. Indulging in speculation makes the time seem shorter.
    Honestly I'd like to know what you think of the multi-year delay between revealing the SC2 mod known as Blizzard DotA and now.

Personally I think the idea of making it a SC2 mod was scrapped and they turned Blizzard All-Stars into a standalone game with all new characters called Heroes of the Storm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think you're trying too hard. Sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, because you'd prefer it if that trademark referred to the Blizzard All-Stars game, while the WoW expansion had something more mind-blowing. Like everybody else on this forum.

The Storm is more than just cliché writing - look at the pictures for heaven's sake. Storms, lightnings, winds, and chaos whenever the Burning Legion shows up on Azeroth. The Storm IS the Burning Legion arriving to Azeroth.
    The Storm could be elsewhere, like in the Twisting Nether. And the Heroes, in the title, could refer to Turalyon and Alleria. It could be a preemptive attack from Azeroth on the Burning Legion since Wrathion showed they would come back. It could be anything.