Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    this just shows how out of touch yo uare with the game, that or just proves you bought your account from someone ealse during wrath and have no clue what it was like duing vanilla.
    He's correct, comparatively, vanilla was casual compared to the competition which is why it did so well. It was obviously more hardcore than we have now - if you call hardcore time consuming - but compared to it's forebears and contemporaries? It was so much less demanding.

Deleted
    Should be noted it takes around 10-15mins right now in outland getting from blacktemple to netherstorm via flightpaths. A flying mount cuts that time in ½. Add in that you have total control on the flying mount where as with the flightpath is full autopilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Most people don't seem to see that. They think that not having flying is going to be the most fun option for everyone... either that, or they seem to care why other people have flying mounts and how those people play the game.

Either way, both arguments are petty and short sighted, and not worth inconveniencing the entirety of the population over.
    Hm, I wonder why people would care that trying to experience immersion in an RPG gimps them horribly in everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
    Should be noted it takes around 10-15mins right now in outland getting from blacktemple to netherstorm via flightpaths. A flying mount cuts that time in ½. Add in that you have total control on the flying mount where as with the flightpath is full autopilot.
    And how often do people go from the top of Jade Forest to the bottom of Dread Wastes? Maybe while farming warbringers, but thats it

enough to only activate for content but put no effort into it. over 1/2 of the gear on both your characters is either ungemmed or not enchanted. If you cared about playing the game it would show on how your characters were geared before you stopped playing.
    Just when you thought MMO-C could not get any more ridiculous; apparently you cannot have an opinion on the game unless your characters are properly gemmed and enchanted! I bet he is no longer playing as when Blizzard found out about his lackadaisical approach to the game they told him "GET OUT! We don't need your money! ...Scrub!"

world pvp technically died with battlegrounds in vanilla. but the true last nail in the coffin was flying in burning crusade. world pvp has been nonexistant since then. By looking at your characters it sure looks like you're one of those players that whine about any changes and only activates when new content is out and then cancels their account because they are bored.

enough to only activate for content but put no effort into it. over 1/2 of the gear on both your characters is either ungemmed or not enchanted. If you cared about playing the game it would show on how your characters were geared before you stopped playing.

no we are just tired of fly by night payers like you wanting to dictate what my game i pay for and play 12 months of the year when you play maybe tops 3 out of the year.

if anything this is a non issue for fly by night (more like fly by content patch) players like yourself that activate and deactivate once the current last boss is dead. And yes you have been trolling, I haven't missed a single point. You and the vocal minority (fly by patch players) however feel that even though you play maximum 3 months out of the year at best should dictate how someone who plays it the whole year plays it. If anything you should have less say in anything because of this.

and then you resort to name calling to hold up a non issue arguement.

See you in the xpac! and if you truly feel the way you do. DON'T PRE-ORDER wait untill the 1st content patch hits and play then. level up and it's like you never had to "suffer" not being able to fly.
    maybe for you WPvP died when bgs came along and then flying. didnt for my server until cata.
    i was geming and enchanting my gear before i left. i just ran out of gold. my hunter is my main is the most geared out of any of my characters. my dk is my worst geared lvl 90 anyway. if i had no money issues i would be playing alot more. so i will ignore that comment.
    i called you an asshole when you started treating me like crap because i am not currently playing. because it seems like you believe that anyone who isnt currently playing doesnt care. so you bring of the paying of month again fine.
    i played about a year of classic, none of TBC(computer issues), was here for 90% of wrath, 7-8 months of cata. 6 months of MoP. both the small play time for cata and MoP was money issues.

once again i havent been trolling. it seems like you have no idea what trolling means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    He's correct, comparatively, vanilla was casual compared to the competition which is why it did so well. It was obviously more hardcore than we have now - if you call hardcore time consuming - but compared to it's forebears and contemporaries? It was so much less demanding.
    exactly. other MMO were hell. if you died you lost exp, gold, and gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Just when you thought MMO-C could not get any more ridiculous; apparently you cannot have an opinion on the game unless your characters are properly gemmed and enchanted! I bet he is no longer playing as when Blizzard found out about his lackadaisical approach to the game they told him "GET OUT! We don't need your money! ...Scrub!"
    lol. you win this round.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Hm, I wonder why people would care that trying to experience immersion in an RPG gimps them horribly in everything else.
    Then frankly those people need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop relying on "other people" to play the game a certain way (a way they might not even like) to have fun in a game.

And if they do, hey, maybe video games just aren't for them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He's far from correct. It took months to collect even 1/2 a tier set. People wiped MONTHS on a single boss in a raid versus now maybe what 2 weeks tops?? People had to travel to the portals to get in a dungeon unlike now. when you prepared for raids you had to farm: Flask, stam elixer, strenght elixer (or agility or int ect), spirit elixer, (some classes like hunters and shaman needed int and regen spirit AND agi) and spend hours in felwood getting snapdragons and that other plant (one game health back like a healht pot, the other gave mana) AND health/rage/mana potions (or thisel tea for rogues) and then let's talk about the pvp gear. you had to have a group to achieve anything in the highest 2 ranks (you could attain the 3rd highest rank but it took alot of hours a week to get there. along the lines of 20+)

leveling a character took at first 30ish days maybe 20 .. (later on once people figured out the flow and could do it in 2 weeks. it wasn't untill bc/wotlk that people could start hitting max level in a few days.) Add in 4 hrs a night raiding 5 days a week to be able to clear raid level content before it was outdated PLUS 5 or 6 hrs on off nights to get your farming for raid supplies / repair money. yea you're topping 20-30 hrs a week. THAT IS NOT CASUAL BY A LONG SHOT.

now the casuals had their ubrs/lbrs stratholme, scholo and zg to play with but on average they never saw a full set of epics unless they paid a guild to carry them through it.

i'm sorry but vanilla being casual friendly is like saying 90% of the player base cleared 40man naxxaramas during vanilla when it came out .. a joke at best.

Then frankly those people need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop relying on "other people" to play the game a certain way (a way they might not even like) to have fun in a game.

yeah i never understood that. how does what one person does affect your own game play? it makes no sense

but you can have one when you don't even play it /rolleyes el oh el

Or maybe you get your head out of your ass and realize an MMORPG shouldn't have you choosing between being successful in an MMO and playing an RPG. Immersion shouldn't harm your progression. I dont care how others play the game, I just want to be able to function at normal efficiency while being immersed. Flying makes that impossible since it is an advantage in every single way.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are going to argue about something that impacts the game, dedication to the game should be evident

i'm sorry but vanilla being casual friendly is like saying 90% of the player base cleared 40man naxxaramas during vanilla when it came out .. a joke at best.
    He's saying that vanilla was casual-friendly relative to the competition (EQ springs to mind), which it most certainly was. Overall it was still a hardcore MMORPG because it required a significant time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    He's saying that vanilla was casual-friendly relative to the competition (EQ springs to mind), which it most certainly was. Overall it was still a hardcore MMORPG because it required a significant time investment.
    casual and hardcore basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    knowing blizzard. every alt is going to have to do it too. also there is supposedly 2 legendaries guess this expansion another expansion long quest chain(another cloak most likely) and one of the end of the expansion for heroic and mythic(i think, so probably a weapon)
    This is only acceptable if it is an account bound unlock. If we get some valor point gating type segment then alts are fucked.
    Ofc first of they kill flying and then they try to kill alts ....
    next they will wonder why wow only has all of a sudden only like 3mill people left....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i played about a year of classic, none of TBC(computer issues), was here for 90% of wrath, 7-8 months of cata. 6 months of MoP. both the small play time for cata and MoP was money issues.

once again i havent been trolling. it seems like you have no idea what trolling means.
    Oh yea so you have been sporadically playing this game maybe a combined total just over 2 years tops out of the 12 years it's been out, so the game should cater to players like yourself instead of catering to players who have been playing and supporting it since it launched / beta 2001. That's really smart buisness move there eh?

see you when the xpac comes out and the content hits so you can get to 100 clear the content in lfr and quit again as usuall.
    Last edited by Arteous; 2013-11-17 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was because they won't have the higher plateaus of the zones ready by launch.
    No, its because they dont ever wanna make plateus again ... with the excuse to deliver content faster.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    next they will wonder why wow only has all of a sudden only like 3mill people left....
    They dont try to kill alts. They just made alts alts and mains mains. You dont have your alt fully geared like your main

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    i wont mind the quest if its an account wide unlock but right now i hate it

Deleted
    Lets get to the facts:

- they could have taken out flying totally
    - they could have left flying in
    - they could use "You dont fly here" as a gating mechanism to claim they deliver content faster cause you now need longer to do stuff....

ofc they go with c and tell you that you have to do it all over on every of your 11 alts you level between expansions while the devs where "busy" doin the next xpac....

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They dont try to kill alts. They just made alts alts and mains mains. You dont have your alt fully geared like your main
    Yeah, but that only goes so far. If you can't bring it in as a sub in current content and have it perform at an acceptable level, it's not an "alt" it's a "mule."
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They want to take flying away and then make it not be a gold sink, but instead make us work for it over the course of a month or two, and then we finally get it back they want us to be excited because we "worked for it"? Do they think we are that stupid to feel like we earned something that's been arbitrarily stolen from us when we've enjoyed it for the past FOUR expansions? This is hands down the most fucking retarded thing Blizzard has ever done.
    Its no different to me having to re-earn my BiS raid gear after every new raid is left out, even more so after a new expansion.