Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

How about: Quests give 1/3 XP if you fly during them

Just a thought. What would be your reaction if when 6.0.x is released, you can use your level 90 flying, but if you fly between the time you pick up a (Draenor) quest and the time you turn it in, the XP gained is reduced by 67%?

Would that be a reasonable tradeoff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't bother me. It'd actually probably encourage me to do the Loremaster achievement, since at that point every quest mattered beyond a story standpoint, without feeling like a slog while wading through generally-inconsequential mobs.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

What are you going to do when you're not able to get to 100 off the quests because you flew through all of them and cut out 67% of the experience?

Deleted
    Maybe they could just add casual servers instead. Flying allowed all the time, LFR, LFG, free weekly points, tokens etc.

And leave the other worlds with no flying and get rid of LFR as well to boot.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Maybe they could just add casual servers instead. Flying allowed all the time, LFR, LFG, free weekly points, tokens etc.

Would you rather have this or more content in an expansion? Making new servers isn't an instant fix, it takes time, and that time takes away from all the other stuff people want.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted

Great. These "other worlds" (I assume you mean the majority) would have about 1% of the total population.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Just a thought. What would be your reaction if when 6.0.x is released, you can use your level 90 flying, but if you fly between the time you pick up a (Draenor) quest and the time you turn it in, the XP gained is reduced by 67%?

My reaction would be to never fly. The only people who would fly are those who are going for loremaster so the XP doesn't matter. The desire to be at max level and level quickly will keep 99% of people grounded. It would also require some coding to figure out; what if you fly in Org? What if you're on a flying mount but don't leave the ground? What if you are on the flying mount and accidentally jump?

Too much grief, but its an idea.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

No not really. I'm not sure why it seems complicated. "Some" people do not like questing. There is nothing to enjoy in questing. Questing is just boring, pointless exercise to tell some story that "some" people could care less about. I'm one of those people. I don't read quest text, I don't care why I'm killing 10 boars, just tell me to go kill 10 boars and let's be done with this "story" stuff.

BUT, I 100% support people who love questing. The difference between you and me, is I have not and have never asked for something to be TAKEN AWAY from those that like questing and leveling. Play the game in a way that brings you joy!. I'm cool with that. I'm not cool with "I don't like that other people fly, because I feel like I have to fly and so they need to take away flying so I don't feel the fake pressure that I created in my head"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Great. These "other worlds" (I assume you mean the majority) would have about 1% of the total population.
    Doesnt matter.. its the only way to make everyone happy. Well more or less. single player games have difficulty sliders and mods, MMOs and competitive multiplayers games have to use some other way and making separate servers would be a nice cheap option. Even if they made one PvP server with flying and LFR disabled, I would play there and Im sure many others would too. If it fills up, make or convert another till the demand is met.

Doesnt matter.. its the only way to make everyone happy. Well more or less. single player games have difficulty sliders and mods, MMOs and competitive multiplayers games have to use some other way and making separate servers would be a nice cheap option. Even if they made one PvP server with flying and LFR disabled, I would play there and Im sure many others would too. If it fills up, make or convert another till the demand is met.
    Except they don't need to make everyone happy. They're not losing players over the no flying at launch. And if they did make additional sandbox servers, it would be an additional fee, not lumped in with your subscription.

A terrible idea. I'd rather have something where getting attacked while flying causes you to be dismounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about : deal with the no flying till level 100 ( or even a bit more ) and enjoy it while it stays ? just a thought.

Once again, people providing "solutions" completely not addressing the desire by Blizzard to have Timeless Isle-style events that flying would trivialize.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Enough already!

No flying. It's decided, it's settled.

Stop whining and move on.

Deleted
    Why are people so obsessed with being allowed/restricted to fly in the new areas? If blizzard makes the contet around the idea with no flying there will be no problems...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Except they don't need to make everyone happy. They're not losing players over the no flying at launch. And if they did make additional sandbox servers, it would be an additional fee, not lumped in with your subscription.
    No they aren't, they've ALWAYS had no flying till level cap in all expansions excluding Cata and you know how well that was received. Why would players quit over it this time? I think more people will like it because you can now level in peace without getting ganked by those who rushed to 100 and are flying around, looking for easy targets.

Pretty sure you'd just run out of quests in Draenor.

15+ Year Old Account

Leveling might go 3 times slower, but you'd also gain 3 times less experience over the whole zone, and that means you can't reach level 100 by questing. So no, wouldn't work. Also, I'd rather have full experience and a ground mount than flying at only 33% experience.
    Statix will suffice.

no! im all against the fact that we have to wait till a patch but we shouldn't have flying till cap lvl also. they should have stuck to the same pattern as bc wrath and mop and thats no flying while leveling and than you can learn it at cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    how bout shut up about flying already, geez. tens of topics about same pointless shit that is already decided anyways, and pools or petitions on mmo champs wont change it. just deal with it , you're grounded for greater good.