Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i know lot of people hate him... there are always two sides of a coin. i say bye bye GC and good luck for you.

Good luck to Greg in whatever opportunity he was presented with and decided to take. Hopefully he has a lot of success.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyTom View Post
    This is probably good news for the game, not because he was bad (he wasn't although he also wasn't right 100% of the time - which should be expected of anyone), but because it will be healthy for the game to get a new perspective from someone taking his position. I'm sure it's a good move for him too as it will encourage him to grow.

Sure there were times where he was clueless and I hated his perspectives but overall I feel like the game grew in a good direction - ICC and season 8, and the end of MOP being his highlights. Blizz makes some pretty big mistakes BUT at least they continue to work on their games and usually over time they start to get it right... Not perfect but better than most game companies by a long shot.

Anyways, I wish GC well and hope we get a good replacement.
    Blizzard isn't going to hire someone with a vastly different perspective on game development than theirs. They have a vision for Wow and they are going to hire based on that.

god i'm glad he's gone but now just get rid of metzen and wow can be good again. if he goes to work on wildstar i'm going to cry

Deleted
    Its funny how people think Ghostcrawler came up with all the dalies, easy dungeons, LFR etc. Those "easy access" features were decided above their head for sure. If stockholders demand a game with easy access because thats where the money comes from, it doesnt matter if GC or Tigole is the system designer, nothing changes.

Even though i hate most changes made in WoW, GC had to take a lot of shit for stuff he had noting to do with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    god i'm glad he's gone but now just get rid of metzen and wow can be good again. if he goes to work on wildstar i'm going to cry
    Oh that would be a bit sad
    Wildstar is something I want to try just because playerhousing but the actual raiding looks not fun from what I've heard (which admittedly isn't much)

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    if he goes to work on wildstar i'm going to cry

That's my fear as well. I wish him luck in anything he does so long as it isn't going to Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to hire someone with a vastly different perspective on game development than theirs. They have a vision for Wow and they are going to hire based on that.
    they are not going to hire anyone new...the original wow team is back from titan and probably will get the position
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Sooo, assuming you have the insight of the great scheme of things; En-light me; What was Ghostcrawlers big addition to World of Warcraft? People seem to forget that the first months in which he was having the job, all he did was infuriating the community. Not by nerfs - mind that - but by being a massive, stupid, obnoxious dick towards even the most logic statements brought up in conversations with him, and while he sure matured over time, he still occasionally behaved just as bad as the darkside of the community did, and that is just not very professional to say the least. No offense, but while i am not going to deny i may underestimate his role, you surely overestimate it.
    The only mistake GC made was assuming the Wow community was capable of having a sane, rational discussion. Much of what he posted was meant to get specific feedback or to get clarification and all people did was troll and harass him for it. Sort of like what you are doing now. You may want to take a look in the mirror before calling someone a "massive stupid obnoxious dick".

10+ Year Old Account
    Its sad to see him go, I wish him luck in his new projects. We can only hope his replacement will be just as good as he was.

2. Wilson's comment was directed at Brevik who threw his own former employees under the bus in order to get attention for his new game. It was disgusting and unprofessional and I don't blame Wilson one bit. Most of the D3 haters don't seem to realize many of the developers who worked on D3 had also worked on D2 as well. That is why Wilson said what he said and at least he said it under the misguided assumption it wouldn't go public, Brevik doesn't have that excuse as he fully intended on making a spectacle of himself.
    Wat?

Brevik made some constructive criticism about the direction the game took. Considering his history hes probably best equipped to do so than anyone else outside of Blizzard. Then Willson's response was to say 'fuck that guy'.

How did Wilson possibly come out looked better from that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    See the earlier post, it was not a success, but maybe you just think sold copies == success... the future of the IP and brand is damaged and prob going down the toilet thanks to D3, and no, its not just me, read other peoples post and check amazon etc or any recent review.
    People don't buy things they don't like. D3 has been out for at least 18 months now. Everyone who has any interest in it has read about it or played the demo and yet they buy the game anyway. I'm sorry that you are butthurt that D3 didn't fail but it is an enjoyable game for many and the expansion is starting to look quite good. Get over it and yourself. If anything the D3 community is far more harmful to the Diablo franchise than any developer or bad decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how subscription losses have leveled off and Wow has 5 times as many subscribers as most of its competitors I'm not sure how anyone can say with a straight face that it is going "downhill". Also mmos that are going "downhill" tend not to increase their developer team size by 40% with another planned 40% increase.
    Image, thousand words, etc.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Have you learned nothing from history? Did you see how many copies Starwars sold simply by the fact that it was Star wars? it sold a butload of copies and then went down the toilet, i dont wanna waste more time of my life on a close minded child like you, see this guys post and eat your own shoe.
    D3 was a success and Ros will be an even bigger success. Get over yourself.

Please stop talking nonsense. D3 did indeed fail, not in terms of box sales but in terms of everything else. When there's more people online for a d2 lod ladder reset than one of "the best selling games of all time" you know you've done something wrong. D3 did enormous amounts of damage to the Diablo franchise. I'm willing to bet almost everything that the expansion sales will be but a fraction of the original's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    I'd bet that most of the people who think Ghostcrawler did a good job would be singing a different tune if their class was balanced against every other class.
    Fixed that for you.

Ghostcrawler pretty much fucked up PvP balance when cataclysm hit, It was never good in BC, but wrath was a very close balance for most classes with a few falling between the gaps.

Certain classes were constantly getting buffed while others that needed only small alterations to be viable were redundantly nerfed without any sensible backing for the decision. Druids, Mages, and even Priests to some extent remained excessively overtuned compared to every other spec throughout the remainder of Late wrath/ end of cata. I can't say how good or bad PvP is in MoP since I quit from frustration on how imbalanced the game had become in the PvP region of the game (in addition to the excessive lack of content appearing in cata, running ZA and ZG every day when there were no raids to go to was getting tiresome, since RNG decided those were the only two heroics that needed to be run apparently in LFG)

I am not going to go out of the way and fault Ghostcrawler for every single misshap since he took over, but most of those terrible design decisions were made on his watch with his approval, and I honestly cannot say I will ever miss his absence of leadership when it comes to the design decisions that affect WoW.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Image, thousand words, etc.
    So what you're saying is that graph really needs to be updated to show the WoW West and WoW East split from 2010 onwards?

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't buy things they don't like.
    How do people know they don't like something until they try it? Your statement is kind of stupid to be honest.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Take care, GC, to me it feels sad to see you go.

It's incredible how much hate he is getting. It's like some people never look at the good side of a person. Not like you should be ignoring all the negative things about him, but come on, would you like it if you quit your job and everyone's shouting ''GG, the world will be a better place now, you won't be missed LOLZ'', without even a tiny bit of respect?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well, maybe, just maybe, these people who are happy to see him leaving are playing shadow priests? GC is known particularly as "Let's nerf Shadow word: pain for no reason next day patch goes live, just so shadow priests would be playable on two bosses out of 14". His class balance was awful, let's face it. Even the completely unplayable specs back in Vanilla were needed more because they often had unique roles to fulfill. Yes, buffs, totems, all that kind of stuff, even if your damage was shit, you were still invited - which is a no go in the days of pure numbercraft now, when no sane raid leader would take melee damage dealer over a ranged one in a progression raid, or take a shadow priest/boomkin over warlock/mage.

To be honest though, I seriously suspect all this is a great fake. I don't believe anyone would leave such a sweet job without brutal force.

And if this is true, I hope he'll find himself a new job faster than I'll have my heirloom weapon from Garrosh.
    Maybe players would get more of the changes they want if they bothered to put a modicum of effort into finding out why changes were made. I assure you, GC has not made one single decision regarding classes or balance for "no reason" and many times when players actually engaged GC in an intelligent discussion they were able to get GC to see their side of things.