Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    the focusing iris hadn't been gifted to dalaran until AFTER theramore was blown up
    Yeah, it was stolen from the Blue Dragonflight, but still it seems most likely by the Sunreavers.

Deleted
    damn, stop making another main character crazy villian. We got enough villans to deal with(Azshara,Old Gods,Xavious ,Legion, Zandalari + some supporting minor characters) so let's deal with them first and slowly build up new ones. Stop making Sylvanas, Jaina, Maiev crazy villian.

I would rather see Jaina as strong Alliance leader making Kirin Tor important military faction in Horde-Alliance war + some lore of Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    She does have a reason to go berserk however because of Varians failure. He could have let Thrall finish Garrosh but instead he let him live and escape leading to WoD..
    If Varian had let that weak and pitiful creature known as Thrall kill off Garrosh, then the Alliance would never have got it's justice. The Alliance deserved the killing blow. The only way for both sides to get justice is for a trial. So that's what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, it was stolen from the Blue Dragonflight, but still it seems most likely by the Sunreavers.
    Dude, that's pretty much confirmed throughout MOP. Aethis is a traitor.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Jaina has little regard for the Council and Dalaran is somewhat fracturing under Jaina's ironfist leadership.

Some magi don't trust Jaina because of her relationship with Kalec.
    Kalec knew that even if he did agree to her aiding him, no good would come of it, especially for Jaina. He remembered too well the distrust with which some of the other magi had begun to look at their leader because of her growing relationship with a blue dragon.
    --Dawn of the Aspects: Part III, p. 50

And this would seem to be with good reason since Jaina so casually shrugs off responsibilities to the Kirin Tor in order to help Kalec. Jaina leaves Dalaran unannounced and hides from Modera when she searches for Jaina on urgent business.
    More to the point, Kalec was at stake. To Jaina, nothing else mattered.
    --Dawn of the Aspects: Part IV, p.36

Then there's her attitude towards the Council:
    “But you have so many other matters you need to worry about. The others—”
    “I know about the others,” Jaina interjected just a bit sharply. “I need no counsel from them regarding what I can and cannot do! They wanted me to be their leader; now they can accept my choices.”

--Dawn of the Aspects: Part III, p. 50

It's funny that Jaina acknowledges the need to notify the Council for something as small as leaving Dalaran, but has no problems making unilateral decisions regarding something as major as expelling Aethas and the Sunreavers.
    Jaina had not given any official notice of her need to depart the city, and as leader, she should have at least informed the rest of the Council of Six.
    --Dawn of the Aspects: Part IV, p. 30
    You seem to think your objective interpretations of those quotes actually back up something. Knaak has a very emotional style of writing. I would not read into it too much if I were you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    She is not mad not insane, She is a nice person who have been pushed around to much
    She is insane when she blames the current Horde for what Garrosh' Horde did. That's blatant racism, she's just like her father now. She can't reason anymore, all she wants is revenge.

The Horde is to Jaina what the Lich King was to Sylvanas and what the Alliance was to Garrosh. If they are able to take out the threat once and for all, they will go back to a normal life, but if they can't do that they just spiral towards madness. Jaina is slowly going crazy, no wonder Khadgar will be the focal Mage in WoD and not Jaina.

She is insane when she blames the current Horde for what Garrosh' Horde did. That's blatant racism, she's just like her father now. She can't reason anymore, all she wants is revenge.
    Oh, for crying out loud. It's the SAME HORDE. Garrosh did not act alone. The rest of the horde supported him up until he started turning against them. Thrall, that great seeker of peace, wouldn't lift a finger against Garrosh until his troll buddy got stabbed. And if I remember rightly, Vol'jin himself said he'd rather give Garrosh the Divine Bell than let it fall into Alliance hands... after the events of Theramore, so he knew damn well it was going to be used.

Plus if they really wanted to distance themselves from Garrosh's deeds, they would give back all the territory he conquered. Yeah I know, game mechanic trump lore, but at this point there is absolutely no reason why the Alliance should forgive and forget.

Deleted
    I really liked jaina, but what the fuck have they done with her model, look at it in the fucking soo ending video ...... so fucking scary bitch

If someone is pissed because other faction leader destroyed his town/people then that means the pissed one is going to be insane/corrupt and being a Boss of a raid/dungeon.

Like seriously? Her acts can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Dude, that's pretty much confirmed throughout MOP. Aethis is a traitor.
    Show me your overwhelming evidence that Aethas did betray his people and Dalaran for personal gain, even though his entire characterization points into the opposite direction. Aethas was all about cooperation between Dalaran and Silvermoon and had a very low opinion of the horde. He wanted his people out of it.

I will just leave this here ;P

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ina-Proudmoore

Seriously these Jaina will go nuts threads need to stop, she hasn't done anything that would warrant her death.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-11-28 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    She had her city blown up, by a Artifact STOLEN by the sunreavers from dalaran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, it wasn't. It was stolen by generic Horde band of raiders. There were arrows, axes, and various other weaponry found at the site where the Blues were attacked and the Focusing Iris was stolen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    You seem to think your objective interpretations of those quotes actually back up something. Knaak has a very emotional style of writing. I would not read into it too much if I were you.
    Doesn't matter how much you dislike Knaak, it's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Yeah you can really tell something about the state of the game's storyline when the players assume any character with a chip on their shoulder is going to get corrupted and go into full genocide mode.
    yep, and had that with sky admiral rogers.

I can see Jaina as the Governor from the Walking dead.

But honestly shes had a lot of character development already, lets calm down on that one and focus on other characters like Sylvanas

How about Jaina hates orcs now so bad that she brings Dalaran to Draenor, and tries to whipe out every orc in existance...

Dalaran will be a raid where we need to stop her

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    How about Jaina hates orcs now so bad that she brings Dalaran to Draenor, and tries to whipe out every orc in existance...

Could be nice.

The Horde could get her severed head on a pike that you could click to see the ending cinematic.

Blizz has done a terrible job with Jaina after Theramore, the Jaina we got to know, read about on the books and followed on the RTS would have understood the atrocities comited on Theramore were an act of Garrosh and not of the horde, shed have gotten angry but seeked justice and not petty revenge, shed not have asked for Garroshes head, shed not have purged Dalaran and killed countless inocents.

She spent her entire life fighting for peace, she had multiple close examples of what rage and revenge can do to a person. Throwing all she fought for away because Theramore was personal is just beyond selfish of her, Blizz just completly destroyed her character and she makes no sense any more and Im pretty confident Blizz dont know where to take her next.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Not this again...

Jaina is not crazy, she is not corrupted, she is not berserk or consumed by the desire for revenge. She is simply (and justifiably) pissed and distrustful of the Horde.

The Kirin Tor will remain Alliance as it once was and should have always been.
    She's also a horrible human being. She walked away and let Arthas raze Strathholme. She cast frost nova on Varian (and you! and me!) at the Battle for the Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    The reason people are on the edge with Jaina is because she pretty much goaded Varian into dismantling the Horde.
    Yes, dismantling, not destroying. Basically she doesn't trust the Horde to be self-ruled, and instead wanted the Alliance to rule it.

She was only after Garrosh and, as far as we're aware, still has some sort of friendship with Thrall.
    No, she doesn't trust Thrall anymore, Tides of War shows that clearly. She doesn't trust him because she had repeatedly asked him to do something about Garrosh, which he refused. Even after Theramore's destruction, Thrall just walked away and did nothing. Indeed, the whole of the Horde did nothing, they only turned on Garrosh when Garrosh started persecuting the Horde itself.

Why would she think that they were "plotting against them" in the ending cinematic?
    Because that's what the Horde has been doing for the last few years. Southshore, Gilneas and Theramore were destroyed by the Horde. The Horde is trying to invade Stromgarde and attacked the High elves of Quel'danil. The Horde betrayed Dalaran to steal a weapon of mass destruction. Jaina doesn't trust them anymore.

Why would she be so keen in tearing the Horde apart?
    She does not want to kill everybody, and she wants peace. But she can't trust the Horde leadership to keep that peace, so she wanted to seize the opportunity for the Alliance to rule over the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud. It's the SAME HORDE. Garrosh did not act alone. The rest of the horde supported him up until he started turning against them. Thrall, that great seeker of peace, wouldn't lift a finger against Garrosh until his troll buddy got stabbed. And if I remember rightly, Vol'jin himself said he'd rather give Garrosh the Divine Bell than let it fall into Alliance hands... after the events of Theramore, so he knew damn well it was going to be used.

Plus if they really wanted to distance themselves from Garrosh's deeds, they would give back all the territory he conquered. Yeah I know, game mechanic trump lore, but at this point there is absolutely no reason why the Alliance should forgive and forget.
    Oh, and the Alliance are saints, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Blizz has done a terrible job with Jaina after Theramore, the Jaina we got to know, read about on the books and followed on the RTS would have understood the atrocities comited on Theramore were an act of Garrosh and not of the horde, shed have gotten angry but seeked justice and not petty revenge, shed not have asked for Garroshes head, shed not have purged Dalaran and killed countless inocents.

She spent her entire life fighting for peace, she had multiple close examples of what rage and revenge can do to a person. Throwing all she fought for away because Theramore was personal is just beyond selfish of her, Blizz just completly destroyed her character and she makes no sense any more and Im pretty confident Blizz dont know where to take her next.
    I very much agree. It is simply out of character for Jaina to suddenly go crazy like this. She has seen many go crazy before her and she managed to keep a level head all those times so why does she flip now? Yeah, sure it was done to make her more interesting since people got bored of her peaceful nature. However, I agree that Blizzard doesn't seem to know which direction to take her in anymore.

But wait... where have we heard that before? Well, with Garrosh. Blizzard didn't know what to do with Garrosh either, so it's not so weird to think that Jaina is following a similar path. She is blaming everyone and everything for the attack on her city even though she should've known she had it coming after Southern Barrens. She can't even think clearly anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

And it would be called Siege of Dalaran? And in the ending Jaina is allowed to live and she escapes to an alternate universe Azeroth to build up a new empire with Archmage Antonidas as the main villain? Yeah... they could even fit in Kael'thas somewhere because I don't believe we've seen the last of him!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Jaina go into attack mode and do some major damage to the Horde, but with Chris Metzen holding the pen, I doubt any Alliance characters will be getting any more face time than the couple of fish we got thrown in Mists. We're already looking at the 3rd Horde-centric expansion in a row. Don't get your hopes up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I would love to see Jaina go into attack mode and do some major damage to the Horde, but with Chris Metzen holding the pen, I doubt any Alliance characters will be getting any more face time than the couple of fish we got thrown in Mists. We're already looking at the 3rd Horde-centric expansion in a row. Don't get your hopes up.
    What are you talking about? Blizzard themselves have said the ending of Mists is about as close to total victory the Alliance is ever going to be, it can't get better than that basically. You sieged the enemy capital city and defeated their Warchief, what more do you want? Hell, you people are never satisfied. Mists is about as Alliance centric as it can be, you're the heroes and winners of the war.