Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Once I get 1800 RBG rating on my hunter and my Vicious Warsaber I'm not stuck with anything, I'm cancelling my account and starting up Mass Effect 3 with my perfectly crafted ME1/2 imported saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Blizzard is a business. Taking a hit of a million subs like they saw between 4.3 to 5.0, even if many came back, is still a significant loss in revenue and when people leave they don't always come back.

The constant comments about people thinking Blizzard cares about subs, or that subs play into when an expansion is released is getting old. Almost everything Blizzard does nowadays indicates that subs are not high on their priority list. Dragon Soul and Cataclysm were not well received, despite this Blizzard still delayed MoP two months past their 18 month timetable to create two more zones in Pandaria, and to start over and redesign the Jade Forest.

No flying the next expansion so that people can explore and take in the scenery will lose subs. This is not a concern for them because they care more about the immersive-ness of the world than subs.

Subs are not a factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, with the elder scrolls, Wildstar, LoL nex expac, Guild Wars new D&R mode coming the next year I doubt it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The constant comments about people thinking Blizzard cares about subs, or that subs play into when an expansion is released is getting old. Almost everything Blizzard does nowadays indicates that subs are not high on their priority list. Dragon Soul and Cataclysm were not well received, despite this Blizzard still delayed MoP two months past their 18 month timetable to create two more zones in Pandaria, and to start over and redesign the Jade Forest.

No flying the next expansion so that people can explore and take in the scenery will lose subs. This is not a concern for them because they care more about the immersive-ness of the world than subs.

Subs are not a factor.
    What? subs are money..........

Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    ICC was out for the better part of a year wasnt it? I wouldnt be surprised if they did it again.... All the expansions have released in November am i correct? thats almost a year of hype they can build before they release annual pass 2.0 or preorder deals.
    They aren't doing a new annual pass. Direct from Blizzcon interviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear god, people may have to actually find something to do on their own that isn't a new thing to entertain them with... how will some manage.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    They said WoD was the expansion furthest in development of any of the expansion previously presented at a blizzcon, and emphasizes they wanna release content faster. So a release in May/June would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post

What? subs are money..........

I know, which makes it sound crazy that subs are not top priority. For example, in one way to make up for lost revenue, instead of trying to gain revenue by increasing subs, Blizzard has been focusing more on micro-transactions for that lost revenue (in-game store).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    People stuck with Dragon Soul for like 9 months and ICC for 12? I don't think this argument is valid.
    But regardless, sooner the better
    Wrong, WoW had a loss of 3million subs in that lapse of time , MoP launched with only 8.9 M subs, Cata launched with 12.6 Millions, And WoD will launch with 5/6 millions if they release it on summer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Dear god, people may have to actually find something to do on their own that isn't a new thing to entertain them with... how will some manage.
    leveling an alt is not an option now, many will un-suscribe and wait to the level 90-boost of WoD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm wondering what happened to Blizzard. Their excuse to not release more content for MoP is that they're so busy on WoD, so they'd rather see WoD finished sooner and let us just get bored of MoP in the meantime. (which they also did in WotLK and Cata respectively)

But how did they do that to Vanilla WoW and TBC? Naxxramas was released rather late and hardly anyone got to clear it before TBC came out. Could they somehow work on both Vanilla and TBC at the same time back then? Or is it due to the community burning through content much faster nowadays?
    Can't really compare how Vanilla and TBC worked with the rest of the expansions because though out those 2 expansions it was all about linear gating and way more grinding then there is today. Back then you'd spend months leveling and then spend weeks if not another few months grinding reps and gear before going on to do the attunements just to get into the first raid instance which would need to be cleared before you could even enter the next part of attunement/next raid.

Nowadays you just throw on some heirlooms, level cap, get easy epics and jump into LFR or a pug and away you go. If you made it longer with leveling, gearing etc etc then no one would even bother moaning about how long you gonna be raiding ICC, DS or SoO because most people would still be only just working through the first lot of content while the higher end game guilds would most likely only just setting foot in SoO by now by comparison.

Hell in TBC as some have said, a lot of the content wasn't even seen purely because it took a lot more work and time to even get that far. It all comes down to Blizzard trying to offer everyone ingame the same chance to see content at relatively the same time which leads us to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    Wow: 26 months (Nov 04-Dec 06)
    TBC: 22 months (Jan 07-Oct 08)
    WOTLK: 25 months (Nov 08-Nov 10)
    CATA: 22 months (Dec 10-Sep 12)
    MOP: 13 months so far

No new raid, no new content... So? Probably another 8-12 months with the same content?
    Bad chart. The dev team has been putting out content much faster this expansion.

The expansion is internally scheduled for late March, but will end up in April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No, 5-6 months at most. WoD will probably be released late spring/early summer.
    hahahahahaa. too funny. anyways, we'll see it in sept at the earliest. no way will they be able to get it out by spring or summer. unless beta starts like in dec. highly unlikely.

No new raid, no new content... So? Probably another 8-12 months with the same content?
    Did you miss the fact in the other expansions they put in a "filler raid" which only cost more to make. So, without having that, WoD would only be released sooner. They even stated they want it released quicker. I'm putting my money on April till June. Somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm wondering what happened to Blizzard. Their excuse to not release more content for MoP is that they're so busy on WoD, so they'd rather see WoD finished sooner and let us just get bored of MoP in the meantime. (which they also did in WotLK and Cata respectively)

But how did they do that to Vanilla WoW and TBC? Naxxramas was released rather late and hardly anyone got to clear it before TBC came out. Could they somehow work on both Vanilla and TBC at the same time back then? Or is it due to the community burning through content much faster nowadays?
    It is definitely the players burning through content. But it is also Blizzard bringing the carrot on the stick much closer. Sure very few have downed even normal Garrosh, heck downing flex Garrosh is a minority, but downing Garrosh period? Much easier than it was for players to finish Naxxramas or Sunwell.

Blizzard, in an attempt to make everything accessible, has made it so that content is consumed very quickly, since some players cannot/will not put in the time to complete it if it wasn't quick. In wrath? 10M was easy so many players could finish, but even then it took most people a bit more time. Cata LFR had people downing Deathwing quite fast via LFR, and again they made this mistake with Siege. Most players want to down the end boss. And most will keep playing until they can. However very few will choose to do harder difficulties.

When there is an easy and quick way to complete the content, most player will, regardless of the rewards. Thus they unsubscribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand Person View Post
    hahahahahaa. too funny. anyways, we'll see it in sept at the earliest. no way will they be able to get it out by spring or summer. unless beta starts like in dec. highly unlikely.
    I highly doubt it , couse it will mean another loss of 2/3 millions subs

WoD will come before summer so NOPE. Source: Blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Bad chart. The dev team has been putting out content much faster this expansion.

The expansion is internally scheduled for late March, but will end up in April.
    Source? You are working for Blizz? You're optimistic. We're still waiting for a BETA date and you're talknig about a release date in 5 months.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

They had a fairly functional game at Blizzcon. While it was limited, I doubt they focus on one section at a time. More likely Rey do the entire world in layers. Stuff like maps and things are added last. Beta shouldn't be very far off.

At least another 8 months of MoP yes. And no, Blizzard cannot afford to let 5.5 slip because. 6.0 isn't coming until next fall at the earliest. People need to be real here, Blizzard gives 4-6 months per patch so SoO continues until jan-march at that time 5.5 has to be released and with that all summer the beta for 6.0 comes out

I wouldn't be surprised with beta around January-February. They actualy had much to show already. Atleast, that's what I thought.

It's just a waiting game!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawa View Post
    A good thing to remember is that WoD is most likely a good bit further into the development cycle then a lot of us think it is. Not to mention that fact that it would be extremely smart for them to cut off other big MMO launches (*Cough Wildstar*).
    haha, what is Wildstar? If Blizzard didn´t bump around launch times for AOC, Warhammer and Starwars.. they certainly aren´t going to rush things to beat a game nobody heard of. Also, with AOC/Warhammer, Blizzard actually proved the opposite was true. You launch a few months after your competitor. Launches are never smooth, and just when Warhammer had reached that point where they were dealing with all their launch issues.. WOW came along with an expansion and basically was the kill-shot.