Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You're supposed to make your own checklist of objectives, like get certain vanity items. There's also no way to get the Eternal Kiln and similar 0.1% drop chance vanity items in only 3 months.
    That doesn't really work for me though, as I don't really care about vanity items or achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You're supposed to make your own checklist of objectives, like get certain vanity items. There's also no way to get the Eternal Kiln and similar 0.1% drop chance vanity items in only 3 months.
    Grinding for a poor substitute for a cooking fire sounds real fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Dailies are fine, but the gating of gear behind them was the issue.
    They became a mandatory grind due to what the reputation offered.
    It should be more along the lines of truly optional stuff, mounts/novelty etc.
    I am all for that. given the non rep content offers gear, and some challenge to get it.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-12-01 at 10:02 PM. Reason: redundancy

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said all along that the best thing is a mix of directed and undirected activities. Dailies are fine although not for everyone. Undirected sandbox content is fine too although not for everyone. Put the two together and you've got an interesting mix of quests that might send you off in one direction after which you'll find other less directed sandbox things to do. Or maybe you decide to just wander off in X direction and along the way there's someone to talk to who will give you a quest.

Daily quest hubs are OK but they don't need to be the only way to do it. Scatter quest givers around the zone so that you have to travel a little bit if you're looking for one but also so the player who's simply exploring just comes across things as he/she explores.

I swear that Blizzard only knows how to go from zero to ten and back to zero again on content like this when the clear best answer is somewhere between four and seven.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-01 at 10:05 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would spend a lot of time grinding on Timeless Isle, and I would really enjoy it, except that I consider my weekly treasure vault runs to be sacred/mandatory (it's still fun for me, and lucrative), and the 10 minute flight/taxi to Timeless Isle on 9 alts is a huge funkiller. It sure would have been nice to have a readily obtainable way of porting to either Timeless Isle or Isle of Thunder. (The rep grind for the summoning item is not really doable on my no-pop server.)

I have no problem with dailies in general. They can be fun to do for a day or a few days. They are not as much fun when you "must" do them to get to something that seems essential.

When you have a real job IRL you will quickly learn to hate paying $15/mo to have a second one.

Deleted
    Timeless isle is defiantly a step in the right direction. Add more dynamic events and maybe a few daily objectives (gold rewards etc) and I'd be quit happy to never see a daily rep grind ever again.

The 5.1 dailys were easily the best model, felt way more rewarding once you receive the next quest for the new questchain and in the meantime still grind the rep to hit exalted.

I'm not really a huge fan of the Timeless Isle model, because it rewards epics way too easy without any afford and the rare mobs you need to kill are way too weak. Dailies are only better when they are atleast more interesting, not a time consumer and varies every day, kinda like the dailys Argent Tournament and Isle of Thunder had.

I much prefer the Sha'tari Skyguard style. Loved farming that. Wish it had a few more dailies to spice things up though. Farm some Arakkoa for the ink and pages and whatnot, then combine them to summon elites. Loot the elites and combine the item for a turnin. Kill boss and collect loot. When you're tired of farming go do the dailies.

It's actually a very interesting idea. You can have some of the items that could have been on the rep vendor drop from the boss (blues and recipes for example, or fun items like the Time-lost Figurine). Have the more coveted items behind rep or rep and an item that you can choose to give you more rep in stacks (imagine Cenarion Circle turnins) or buy items as a currency if you already have the rep level you want.

Not quite on topic, but I really REALLY like that rep grind. The idea is something they could've expanded upon for future expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've said all along that the best thing is a mix of directed and undirected activities. Dailies are fine although not for everyone. Undirected sandbox content is fine too although not for everyone. Put the two together and you've got an interesting mix of quests that might send you off in one direction after which you'll find other less directed sandbox things to do. Or maybe you decide to just wander off in X direction and along the way there's someone to talk to who will give you a quest.

I swear that Blizzard only knows how to go from zero to ten and back to zero again on content like this when the clear best answer is somewhere between four and seven.
    It looks like Blizzard wants to combine both with the popular story quests from 5.1.
    And yes, Blizzard is incapable of finding middle ground. They tend to only do the extremes. But thats nothing new.

Mobs giving rep is different how from dailies? You're sitting there grinding out mobs that give rep? The title "Daily" is what gets people's mind thinking it's different than anything else.
    Flexibility. Grind vs- daily:
    Today (spirited): 40 mins - daily: 20 minutes
    Tomorrow (tired): 0 mins - daily: 20 minutes (If you don't one day of progression is irrecoverably lost)

I think the bold part is was pisses people off the most and makes dailies feel like a restraining cage of chores instead of: "hey I can do sth. every day!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually much preferred the dailies as well. Reputation that you didn't have to grind for was awesome, just like 20min of gameplay devoted to it per day, and you were good. Can't stand the emperor rep grind, first reputation I'm not going to get of the expansion.

The isle in general was pretty cool, just hugely against the way they worked the reputation, and would prefer there to be some sort of daily hub still. The ToT island worked perfectly, imo; had both the dailies and rares and such to do. I think they should kind of merge the two, stick with a daily hub but also have the chests and other stuff the isle has now.

What Blizzard needs is a way of providing dailies that isn't punishing for missing some days.

No, I don't have any idea what that would be. But also, I'm not being paid millions upon millions to think up - what I would think would be - a relatively simple solution.

I would prefer a mix of Timeless Isle like content, mixed with Weekly quest hubs to do, instead of dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    I actually much preferred the dailies as well. Reputation that you didn't have to grind for was awesome, just like 20min of gameplay devoted to it per day, and you were good. Can't stand the emperor rep grind, first reputation I'm not going to get of the expansion.
    You are aware that you can arm it in the same manner?
    Do the "kill 20(?) elite" quest fom Shaohao and do it where the Yaungol are.
    Should net you ~500 rep per day, depending on whether you are able to kill the big ones.

No, I don't have any idea what that would be.
    Simple:
    Rested rep. Stacks for up to 3 days.
    Day 1: 100%
    Day 2: nothing done by player
    Day 3: 200% rep
    Day 4: If nothing done on day 3 -> 300% rep, else 100%
    Day 5: If noting done on day 4 -> 400% rep, else 100%

There ya go, easy as pie. They just don't want to do it, because everyone would be lazy and only do their dailies where rep is maximally rested.

Deleted
    I enjoyed Timeless Isle. It was something different. And I would like to see them add something like it again.

However, I did really like the beginning of Mists, when you flew across the whole continent doing daily quests. Of course, they could reduce the amount of daily quests and maybe turn some of then into Timeless Isle/Domination Point kinda-ish.

Also, post 5.4 Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the Golden Lotus is awesome to farm nowadays, a real lift from pre 5.4. Would really like to see more of those ways to farm reputation and some cooking items in the future. Oh, almost forgot about the dragon hunt.(Skyshards)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Any quote or your brain imagined that? Again, GC was not the king of WoW. Major design features are a collaborative effort so put aside GC and it would be the same pretty much.
    Ah yes I needed to put a quote for proof, because when I said "hopefuly" I was stating a fact :/ The people on forums these days......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There ya go, easy as pie. They just don't want to do it, because everyone would be lazy and only do their dailies where rep is maximally rested.
    Na, just increase the cap. If you don't get any VP this week, your cap will be 2k vp next week, or 3k the week after if you don't do it for 2 weeks. That way you still earn it at the same rate as you do now (3k in 3 weeks), but you won't be forced to do it every week. Dailies should be the same. You don't wanna kill your 20 elites today, then do the quest tomorrow and kill 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like grinding mobs, and this is someone who has grided out every reputation available except for PvP ones.
    With mob grinding you don't feel constrained with doing it, you can do it for as long or as little as you feel some days I want to grind out 5k rep, some days I might just do 1k or not at all (because you already grinded days worth previously and can have a break). Dailies however, you need to do it every single day if you want it completed in a certain time, there is no catch up. Whenever I miss a day of dailies I get so annoyed at myself because it throws off my goal of when I was going to finish the reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I like grinding mobs, and this is someone who has grided out every reputation available except for PvP ones.
    With mob grinding you don't feel constrained with doing it, you can do it for as long or as little as you feel some days I want to grind out 5k rep, some days I might just do 1k or not at all (because you already grinded days worth previously and can have a break). Dailies however, you need to do it every single day if you want it completed in a certain time, there is no catch up. Whenever I miss a day of dailies I get so annoyed at myself because it throws off my goal of when I was going to finish the reputation.
    I supremely dislike the notion of having no set caps. Especially when the mobs you're killing are incredibly INefficient at awarding you rep.

I ALSO hate grinding mobs because you're in constant competition with other people for them. The maximum number of people you can scrabble together into a rep group now is five (if Timeless isle is any indication.) That first little plateau with the Yaungol one it was being farmed by about 20 people at once. You have no such problems with dailies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I supremely dislike the notion of having no set caps. Especially when the mobs you're killing are incredibly INefficient at awarding you rep.

I ALSO hate grinding mobs because you're in constant competition with other people for them. The maximum number of people you can scrabble together into a rep group now is five (if Timeless isle is any indication.) That first little plateau with the Yaungol one it was being farmed by about 20 people at once. You have no such problems with dailies.
    You do, there often were no Mogu available in the Vale during the first month.