Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this movie will fail miserably, all the people cast are humans!! Where are the orcs??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If by shitty you mean hugely profitable and catapulted two relative unknowns to stardom, then.... yeah.
    He definitely meant shitty as in he didn't like it. The first Thor is definitely one of the weaker movies Marvel/Disney has done so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    Wow this movie will fail miserably, all the people cast are humans!! Where are the orcs??
    I don't know how to tell you this, but orcs don't actually exist, sorry

Not to be a big cynic or anything but yeah these people are borderline unknowns.

Well I don't know what everyone was expecting, remember to anyone who isn't a massive Warcraft fan this is just another movie made from a video game and how well have they gone down in the past? Just be grateful Uwe Boll isn't directing it.

But on the positive side, just because someone isn't a big name celebrity doesn't mean they aren't good actors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We should create an official MMO Champ WOW movie extras thread. If they ever shoot at or near FL I'm definitely gonna try to be an extra for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If by shitty you mean hugely profitable and catapulted two relative unknowns to stardom, then.... yeah. This isn't about taste.
    *Catapulted them into the Avengers which catapulted them into stardom.

However your main point is sound. Every actor is an unknown before their breakout role. We won't know until we see them.

P.S. Thor sucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters
    Ah yeah, because all the really good actors are all already famous..... Oh wait....

To be serious for a moment i think not casting any named actors is a huge gamble for a project this big

I believe blizz and the director feels the 12 millions subscribers that wow has had will carry the film and it will be those who they are banking on to make this a success

That is a risky strategy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not to be a big cynic or anything but yeah these people are borderline unknowns.
    Judging by this thread you're wrong. Some people don't know any of them, or don't recognize them but it seems that most people recognize at least a couple of the actors announced.

Either way, it is by no means a way of judging how the movie will be. If the movie is well produced, then the actors will be good, if the movie is badly produced then there is little the actors can do to save it.

Still waiting on Mila Kunis to become a mage

all we need to know

ragnar lothbrok is badarse, therefore this movie is badarse

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by SoleAwesome View Post
    Still waiting on Mila Kunis to become a mage
    She plays wow so why not

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Other actors who were previously rumored for the film but not confirmed in the official press release: Colin Farrell, Paul Dano, Anton Yelchin and Anson Mount.
    I love Anson Mount; that dude is amazing in pretty much everything he plays in. *fingers crossed*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    To be serious for a moment i think not casting any named actors is a huge gamble for a project this big

I believe blizz and the director feels the 12 millions subscribers that wow has had will carry the film and it will be those who they are banking on to make this a success

That is a risky strategy

Why does a movie need to cast famous actors to try and carry the film. Sounds silly IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Ben Foster is pretty dang cool, don't know about the other guys but at least they got someone I like in the film.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why does a movie need to cast famous actors to try and carry the film. Sounds silly IMO.
    Your average movie goer goes by name recognition when deciding what movie to watch reason why that shit head adam sandlers movies are so popular

For example your average smoe might go to the movies and it will be a choice of warcraft the movie which stars nobody he has heard of or some run of the mill shitty adam sandler dreck but he has heard of adam sandler so thinks its better to spend there 10 bucks on something safe and bland

Look at pacific rim!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-12-05 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't know any of these people.

Buuuut.. that could be a good thing. Or it could be a bad thing. In not having seen them before, I won't know them as actors, and so won't just associate them into other roles, like seeing a famous movie star I know. It would be hard to think of danial radcliffe as a character outside of harry potter, since thats who I see when he's in other roles.

But, really, this does look like its heading towards b-movie presentation. Lets be honest here people, casting aside your rampent warcraft fanboyism for a moment. It is common, and well publicized, that movies made of games are just plain shit. There have probably been 1 or 2 movies made of video games that had any quality to them, all the rest was garbage. So this is very thin ice metzen and these producers are following.
    Yeah, hardly anyone has made a good video game movie. Just like hardly anyone ever made a good comic book movie
    ...until the Batman Begins trilogy, Iron Man/Thor/Avengers series.

Amazingly, with a big enough bankroll that can afford to bring in a good writer/producer/director you can make an awesome movie even if the genre hasn't really had one before. It's why LOTR and the aforementioned movies were able to succeed as they had large studios/big name directors behind them that were able to bring in the quality talent and keep the creative control they needed to put out a decent movie. Legendary pictures isn't exactly hurting as a studio and, despite what the doomsayers might think, Blizzard is still one of the top gaming studios who have also maintained very strict creative control over their IPs. I'd find it hard to believe that they wouldn't be willing to put enough money into this film to result in at least a decent film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your average movie goer goes by name recognition when deciding what movie to watch reason why that shit head adam sandlers movies are so popular
    Except he started somewhere as does every actor. As for average movie goer, I think that's subjective.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That is a risky strategy
    Actually I think it's more the other way around, the studio probably thinks the project is too big a risk to attach big names to it. It probably isn't as big as you think.

i think that only really applies to comedians and super famous actors like george clooney.

id say having an awesome trailer and good marketing and timing are way more important.

i watch tons of movies and i know people who watch tons of movies but i dont know of anyone that goes to a movie because of a big name unless its one of their favorites and most people i know dont even know the names of the majority of actors
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552