Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    very statisfied with Travis Fimmel and Toby Kebbel, 2 actors I like.
    The serie Vikings was really interesting in which Travis Fimmel played the main role.
    RocknRolla is still a favorite of mine with Toby Kebbel in it

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    This movie is either gonna go down 2 ways

A epic success that spawn a plethora of sequels or a epic hollywood train wreck on par with battlefield earth or john carter
    Or a so-so movie that some people like like those Final Fantasy movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Everything I said was an opinion sooooo.... I guess your opinion is different than mine?
    Well my opinion is that your opinion is gay and retarded so there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Do you even read comics?
    Well okay I was overgeneralising.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Games that lead into books that were really good reads.
    I don't think I've ever read a book based on a computer game that was any good. Though that might be because they generally hire second rate authors to write them, like novelizations.

(Sorry authors of game fiction.)

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    Thor was and still remains a popular super hero, actually. Iron Man on the other hand, was a C-list super hero before RDJ skyrocketed him to be just as recognizable as Batman.
    I suppose it's arguable how popular Thor was in comics, he was certainly not well known to the general public though.

Surely Iron Man has been more popular than Thor for decades. He was a big deal in the 80s at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    looks like they haven`t spend to much budget on the actors . I can vaguely recognize some of them from the pictures , don`t think many people know them by name.
    Let`s not judge them just yet, I`m sure they`re good actors and will live up to our expectation..
    On the other hand if they will not and the movie will turn out let`s say not to our expectation there will be a storm of critiques and floors will be wiped with all of them including the producers, scenarist etc. You don`t fuck around with our game ! don`t percy jackson the movie with soap opera pretty boys!

Question ! Which characters will Metzen play?!

GL on the movie ! we will destroy you if it turns out bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    But he was THE Aragorn. I mean, one can hardly imagine anyone else on this role.
    How about John Hurt?

That being said, I still think he did very well as Aragorn. Even if I disliked the reluctant king storyline they game him for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    How about John Hurt?

That being said, I still think he did very well as Aragorn. Even if I disliked the reluctant king storyline they game him for no reason.
    I remember him in that LOTR cartoon he was indeed awesome but john hurt is awesome in everything

Deleted
    Intresting picks for sure.
    Fimmel alone carries Vikings and seems like an excelent actor so can't wait to see more of him.
    Can't wait :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters
    You know who else had an entire cast of almost no namers? At least for me... I hadn't heard about any1 else in LOTR than Elijah Wood(mostly from kids movies like flipper and huck finn)... most of them weren't big holywood stars before LOTR... some of them had minor parts in some movies, others were in some straight to TV movies or B movies...

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of all of these actors except Dominic Cooper, he's just awful. He had no idea how to portray Bucky Barnes in Captain America and I have a feeling he's going to be a terrible Winter Soldier as well.

Super excited for this movie though! Great cast overall so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me personally the cast doesn't matter if I don't know which role they are going to play. However it is nice that not many known (for me) are in it. From that list I only remember Paula from Mission Impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters
    Max Payne, Doom, Far Cry... Movies made off games have always sucked. No reason expecting this time to be different.

This man clearly lives in a cave cause they are all known actors

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    Question ! Which characters will Metzen play?!
    He's co-producing, not acting in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    How much mask do these poor guys have to wear and will we even recognize their faces?
    I doubt they'd wear masks... it'll prolly be all CGI...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Classiccs View Post
    I'm a fan of all of these actors except Dominic Cooper, he's just awful. He had no idea how to portray Bucky Barnes in Captain America and I have a feeling he's going to be a terrible Winter Soldier as well.

Super excited for this movie though! Great cast overall so far.
    Dominic cooper was Howard Stark... what are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't think I've ever read a book based on a computer game that was any good. Though that might be because they generally hire second rate authors to write them, like novelizations.

(Sorry authors of game fiction.)
    Empire, the second book of the Legend of Sigmar omnibus by Graham McNeill, won the much coveted David Gemmel Legend Award for Best Fantasy Novel in 2010.
    The Horus Heresy series has also been in the NYT bestseller list for some reason (also written by the same author).

That being said, these were based on background info from Tabletop Games, not Video Games.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2013-12-05 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I suppose it's arguable how popular Thor was in comics, he was certainly not well known to the general public though.

Surely Iron Man has been more popular than Thor for decades. He was a big deal in the 80s at least.
    It's not arguable, Iron Man was never as popular as Thor before the movies. Hell, Iron Man's current ongoing isn't really all that popular right now either.

The only super heroes that any non comic book reader knew about before the big comic book movie boom the 2000s shot off was the DC Trinity, Spider-man, Captain America, and the X-men. Every other person would know a couple more, but everyone at least knew those heroes. Certainly no one in the "general public" knew anything about Iron Man, most people still don't outside of what they've seen from the movies.
    Last edited by tinyninja; 2013-12-05 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Did everyone knew about Sylvester Stallone before Rocky or Rambo? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Arnold Schwarznegger before Terminator 2? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Orlando Bloom before LotR or PotC? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Johnny Depp before PotC? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Bruce Lee before The Big Boss? I dont think so.

Gets to prove that A-list actors dont make a memorable movie.

Maybe you're not that into sci-fi and fantasy then.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh joy, Travis-can't-act-worth-a-shit-Fimmel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Did everyone knew about Sylvester Stallone before Rocky or Rambo? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Arnold Schwarznegger before Terminator 2? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Orlando Bloom before LotR or PotC? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Johnny Depp before PotC? I dont think so.
    Did everyone knew about Bruce Lee before The Big Boss? I dont think so.

Gets to prove that A-list actors dont make a memorable movie.

Lol you didn't really see many movies no? I agree on Sylvester and Orlando but Arnie didn't make his hollywood debut in Terminator 2 lol(Predator, Red heat, Total fucking Recall, The running man, Conan the destroyer, conan the barbarian, and even in Terminator 1 all before terminator 2 and all were great for me at least, especially the conans...) and neither did Depp make is hollywood debut in PotC(Edward Scissorhands, Arizona Dream, What's eating Gilbert, Ed Wood, Dead Man, Donnie Brasco, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Sleepy Hollow, Blow, From Hell)... the dudes had plenty other famous movies before...

I like ben foster, i could see him playing arthas... maybe....