Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Everything that is wrong with the wow community

The guy who talked to Celestalon about CC removal(Some CC) in WoD

I'm not sure why he even bothers to respond to him, but he does.

"removing any CC is a design shift away from strategic dungeon gameplay. Warlords of Faceroll"

In the end he basicly completely contradicts himself and turns the conversation to overgearing content instead. But cudos to him for not hiding behind an alt or a rage account(at least from what i know).

This guys sums up everything that is wrong with the wow community. Especially the jumping to conclusions and the "i speak for everyone" statements.

yea.. i was more amazed at how stupid he sounded for saying tanks would be less useful, as if CC and overgearing is somehow related in that context

10+ Year Old Account
    Contextual links so I know what we're talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Contextual links so I know what we're talking about!
    its on the front page right under that statistical stuff :P

Seems rather silly to assume the games facerollable when you don't have extra CC.

Just have mobs do % based attacks. BUT HAVE THOES FEW ATTACKS be clearly dodge able...Such as a thunderwave/shock from big melee mobs, or stand inn crap etc.

Edit: For 5 mans ofcourse. So you can't outgear them that easly - Still haft to dodge things. Maybe consider CC even.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The need for CC's was not a good mechanism for dungeons when the capability of each class to bring suitable ones varied considerably.
    I saw many ragequits from a group because it was lacking a certain class or spec.

Players whine about something but are too short-sighted to see any reasons other than the one they fabricated in their own mind.

Those complaining about lack of CC's will also complain about class homogenisation, when in reality that is exactly what the game would need more of to meet their expectations.
    They want one thing which is completely contradictory to another they want.

As has been stated before, the players do not know what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Just have mobs do % based attacks. BUT HAVE THOES FEW ATTACKS be clearly dodge able...Such as a thunderwave/shock from big melee mobs, or stand inn crap etc.

Edit: For 5 mans ofcourse. So you can't outgear them that easly - Still haft to dodge things. Maybe consider CC even.
    They kinda of tried that but people complained that they almost died at 85+ to Hogger in Stockades during late alpha/closed beta for MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't contradict himself at all. He says one thing and some random dude goes on a rampage cuz his precious might be altered.

While tanks continue to solo current content raid bosses...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Those complaining about lack of CC's will also complain about class homogenisation, when in reality that is exactly what the game would need more of to meet their expectations.
    You mean it wouldn't need more of people communicating, forming parties that have a decent set-up and then go to a dungeon instead of clicking LFD, get put in a random group and complain when everything isn't laid out for them with no effort.

Could have fooled me.

Players whine about something but are too short-sighted to see any reasons other than the one they fabricated in their own mind.
    Sure must be windy up there in the ivory tower, is the view at least good?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    While tanks continue to solo current content raid bosses...
    Tanks can solo Garrosh? Oh my, do tell me how I can do this.

Deleted
    The need for CC's was not a good mechanism for dungeons when the capability of each class to bring suitable ones varied considerably.
    I saw many ragequits from a group because it was lacking a certain class or spec.

Can just end the thread here really, this guy says it as it is. Unfortunately these types of players simply have no idea what they are talking about, what they want, or what they had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    The guy who talked to Celestalon about CC removal(Some CC) in WoD

I'm not sure why he even bothers to respond to him, but he does.

"removing any CC is a design shift away from strategic dungeon gameplay. Warlords of Faceroll"

In the end he basicly completely contradicts himself and turns the conversation to overgearing content instead. But cudos to him for not hiding behind an alt or a rage account(at least from what i know).

This guys sums up everything that is wrong with the wow community. Especially the jumping to conclusions and the "i speak for everyone" statements.
    Yah...these people often resort to circular reasoning and bashing casuals. Just sad.

FYI - CC in TBC was NEVER hard. It was time consuming and often frustrating due to dodgy ass mechanics being involved. It did however, encourage more group communication. None can doubt that hasn't dropped significantly.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with the wow community atleast thats how i see it after playing league of legends for a while..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Tanks can solo Garrosh? Oh my, do tell me how I can do this.
    Responding to a statement with an exaggeration doesn't invalidate the statement.
    He is right. People did start to solo current tier raid bosses.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Responding to a statement with an exaggeration doesn't invalidate the statement.
    He is right. People did start to solo current tier raid bosses.
    Have there been more solos other than Immerseus?

A Warlock did that, utilizing exploits to tweak the encounter.

Infact, most of the soloing of current expansion (notice me using the words current expansion rather than current content, as I believe only the content of the patch is truly current) is done through exploits and clever use of mechanics.

That's something Blizzard can sort out by just fixing the exploit. Nothing to go all haywire about.

I feel like people really exaggerate this to drive a point home. I very rarely experienced this phenomenon through BC and only really noticed it with H MgT where a group with a mage made the run significantly easier due to the large humanoid groups, but even then classes of all sorts got to run through it.

I was a shadow priest all through the expansion, a class that was neither known for its massive damage output (mana battery) nor its amazing CC. I don't really recall a group ragequitting through a run I was in, and every class had SOME form of crowd control. It wasn't the same optimal 'poof you're a sheep' that we have now, but druids would often root melee or sleep animals, spriests would MC some hard hitting mobs or mobs that gave great buffs and shackle undead, good hunters could easily freeze one mob and kite another, and so on. Shammies didn't have anything as I recall, but the totem buffs back then were AMAZING.

Even if you had a freak group with little CC, you could tough through most instances by carefully coordinating a kill order and using what little CC you had. Even psychic scream was useful in some parts, like the last gauntlet in H Mechanar, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Especially the jumping to conclusions and the "i speak for everyone" statements.
    Thread Title: Everything that is wrong with the wow community

You lay claim that everything wrong with the community is in this one person's comments about CC removal. Some other things wrong with the community:

Elitsts vs casuals
    PvP Gankers/stalkers
    Inflated AH pricing
    Raid snobs who think even Flex is not real raiding
    Trade Trolls
    Guild Bank Ninjas
    CC whores in BGs
    BG generals
    LFR generals
    Goldshire and Silvermoon City on MoonGuard
    Holiday Meta achievements involving PvP
    Gold beggars in the city
    People too cheap to pay for Pandaren flying just to get 3oo feet to Chromie for the Timeless Isle quest
    People too cheap to pay for flying at all but will tip for a ride
    People who beg for Wool Cloth in Trade Chat at lvl 90 rather than just running Stocks over and over for tons of Wool

... and the list goes on. Your OP does not encompass "everything that is wrong with the wow community" and therefore makes this argument petty and pointless. One man's opinion is not everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing people do on these forums is they talk crap about stuff they haven't tried out/seen live yet. If you ask the same questions from some top player whether it be HC raider or known PvPer, they'll say "I can't say anything since I haven't tried it yet".

Why is it that you hardly ever find an intelligent response to Blue posts on the front page?
    It's like they purposely label the community as stupid and that justifies design decisions. You wouldn't see so much back talk if they previewed what 2500+ pvp players and top 250 heroic raiders were saying.