Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Rather than waiting for a boat to head to Kalimdor, you could simply fly there.
    Or just hearth and take a portal. I don't really think what you think is a problem is a problem. Even without the portal, waiting for a boat would be shorter than flying across an ocean. It just doesn't *feel* productive because you're standing on a dock.

*ends sarcasm and falls over laughing*
    Sound like you're taking it too seriously. People gave feedback on your suggestion, namely that they thought it was a bad one. You'd have moved on already if you didn't think it was serious business.
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2013-12-23 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually you know what i miss? When flying on zeplins across the oceans you...actually saw the flight all the way not load-screen and boom you are there. SO much fun pvp took place there and in the water

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Isn't Fatigue in place to prevent us from going to places we shouldn't be?
    Yes. The OP seems to the reluctant to acknowledge the real reason the mechanic exists in the first place. Instead focussing on peoples personal comments about the idea.

Of which I am not exactly against, I like the feeling of a huge expansive world to explore with no limits or walls. But at the same time there are a million other things that are worthy of development time before this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    LOL that would be hilarious... people would drop out of the sky all the time..
    and out of the game

Oh no. Well, I guess that is that. Time to pack up and head out. Thanks for setting it straight.

*ends sarcasm and falls over laughing* You people who take this stuff so seriously crack me up. It's not like I am trying to reverse the Emancipation Proclamation. I was just making a suggestion. As for throwing around terms like lore-knights and doomsayers, is about as valid as me using other terms like casuals and elites. It is nothing more than shock lingo. People should lighten up. It's a game, and none of us work for Blizz.
    Condescending to us doesn't make you valid, or your idea good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Sound like you're taking it too seriously. People gave feedback on your suggestion, namely that they thought it was a bad one. You'd have moved on already if you didn't think it was serious business.
    You got that from "*ends sarcasm and falls over laughing*"? I should probably explain how sarcasm and laughing works

I don't think it would increase exploration. It just remove the wait for the trans-ocean transport. I personally prefer to keep the need to use the current ships and zeppelin.

Wow so your response to my response is to insult. Yup you take people's critique well. I don't get upset above video games I play them. If you are going to post an I want thread learn to take other people's comments without getting all hurt about it. BTW you're name doesn't fit you. Superman never cried that kryptonite existed.

Games are meant to be enjoyed and there are also boundaries and rules to game that have to be followed. Its part of the game. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they need to be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    actually you know what i miss? When flying on zeplins across the oceans you...actually saw the flight all the way not load-screen and boom you are there. SO much fun pvp took place there and in the water
    Best times eva. Unless you were the poor sod that get feared off the ship in the middle of the ocean. That sucked but was funny later.

As a Paladin, I fly at 493%. I can comfortably fly across large masses of water and never gain full fatigue by the time I reach the other side. I think it is time to remove fatigue and allow for trans-oceanic flights. Bascially you would fly out to the edge of the water, and select the continent you want to reach. Then, the loading screen comes, just like for the boats, and when you zone in, you come in on the water's edge facing that continent.

Boats would still be viable for lowbies, or people who hate flying, and flight from SW to Kalimdor would make exploration a much more real thing. Also, no more really having to wait on boats to get to Northrend. We just need:

Then, it would be completely optional, come with a cost, and not interfere with anyone else's game-play. In addition, it would be nice to do a world map move from zone to zone. Mount up, pick a spot in another zone, right click again, and select "Fly Here". Would allow the user to use their own mount and mount speed to get where they are going without needing to use an FP or staying in the same window and watching the autorun/flight. We already have the ability to use a mouse click to move in the features, this would simply expand that feature to the world map rather than just line of sight.
    ehm. nope. it has to be good to be a pally for some reason. stop removing one of the few perks we have left.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    ehm. nope. it has to be good to be a pally for some reason. stop removing one of the few perks we have left.
    What am I trying to "remove"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    Wow so your response to my response is to insult.
    I wasn't being insulting. I was simply responding the way you responded. Figured it was how you communicated.

- - - Updated - - -

"As a Paladin, I fly at 493%".

If you can make the flight without dieing then do so. Some cannot. It is a perk. You may not be removing our flight speed but by offering it to everyone it is the same.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Going out of your way is literally how you explore. If everything you needed was in the same spot, I guarantee you'd never go anywhere else. Making you go through Theramore instead of just coming out in Un'goro or whatever is how you experience the world and hopefully see new spots to check out, or see higher level areas that you come back to later. Fatigue is there for a bunch of reasons, the primary one is that there is no Kalimdor when you're in EK, it just goes out for a while and then the box ends and you hit a wall. Fatigue stops you from seeing that in a semi-immersive way.

The fact that flying mounts can fly indefinitely without tiring (or running out of fuel in the case of the non-organic) in-game is quite enough of a suspension of my willing disbelief. Giving flying mounts the ability to make incredibly long trips over vast ocean that can last anywhere from a few days to a week? Yeah, no.

Aside from that, this would trivialize travel. There is such a thing as too much convenience. This idea is pushing the envelope.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't being insulting. I was simply responding the way you responded. Figured it was how you communicated.
    Actually you were and trying to play it off shows (as well as your other posts here) that you are just acting like a petulant little child throwing a tantrum because most people think your idea is stupid and a waste of time. The developers have so many other issues to work on other than helping you bypass playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Condescending to us doesn't make you valid, or your idea good.
    condescending [ˌkɒndɪˈsɛndɪŋ]
    adj
    showing or implying condescension by stooping to the level of one's inferiors, esp in a patronizing way
    condescendingly adv
    Mocking you is not the same thing. Knowing I am smarter than you and proving it, that is condescension. Personally, I think you just can't stand the sight of me and feel the urge to comment on any thread I am in with some failed attempts to make me look inferior or stupid. You might try to avoid putting words you don't understand the meaning of into your responses. It invalidates your argument. I use Google. You should too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    Actually you were and trying to play it off shows (as well as your other posts here) that you are just acting like a petulant little child throwing a tantrum because most people think your idea is stupid and a waste of time. The developers have so many other issues to work on other than helping you bypass playing the game.
    Hate to break it to you, since it obviously bothers you, but I am exactly the kind of person Blizz caters to. I hated losing a bag slot for ammo, hated having to feed my pet, hated having to carry around reagents, hated only having mounts available by character, hated not having account wide achievements, and so on. I am no saying I am the reason they made all that happen, I am saying it to show more than one person agrees with me in certain cases and Blizz is happy to oblige. I get why people storm in here to tell me short stupid answers like "No. Deal With it. Get over yourself." They are afraid. Afraid the right person will be in the thread at the right time and take the idea seriously. It's ok. I get that you are all a little worried. Considering what I and the rest of my fellow casuals have accomplished thus far, it is only a matter of time before we get more casual stuff like Toy boxes, tabard tabs, and player housing... oh wait... 6.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    "As a Paladin, I fly at 493%".

If you can make the flight without dieing then do so. Some cannot. It is a perk. You may not be removing our flight speed but by offering it to everyone it is the same.
    I was not offering the flight speed to everyone. I was simply suggesting REMOVING fatigue from everyone. They would not move faster, they just would not die. Too bad you went and got in trouble. I was so hoping to hear what you had to say next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said I wanted free gear. I would gladly pay for it if Blizz ever put some in their store. But they won't, because lore-knights and PaytoWin doomsayers would bitch about it at the drop of a hat.
    You pretty much just invalidated anything you had to say.
    Pay-to-Win is bad and you should feel bad.

Mocking you is not the same thing. Knowing I am smarter than you and proving it, that is condescension. Personally, I think you just can't stand the sight of me and feel the urge to comment on any thread I am in with some failed attempts to make me look inferior or stupid. You might try to avoid putting words you don't understand the meaning of into your responses. It invalidates your argument. I use Google. You should too.
    1. Google comes up with a diferrent definition than that.
    2. I had no idea this was your thread, I just clicked it from the main screen because the title is stupid.
    3. Yes, "Falling over and laughing at people who seemingly take things too seriously IS in fact condescension. Yes, you did that in the post I previously quoted.
    4. No, I don't stalk you, know you, or care to know you.
    5. Your idea is bad.

adjective
    having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
    Here is some more information on this word, since you don't understand it:

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/condescending
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-12-23 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Google comes up with a diferrent definition than that.
    2. I had no idea this was your thread, I just clicked it from the main screen because the title is stupid.
    3. Yes, "Falling over and laughing at people who seemingly take things too seriously IS in fact condescension. Yes, you did that in the post I previously quoted.
    4. No, I don't stalk you, know you, or care to know you.
    5. Your idea is bad.
    1. Google has tons of definitions, no surprise there. Picking one was likely more of a challenge.
    2. You only came in because the title "is stupid". Yep, sounds like a legit reason to click a thread title.
    3. Falling over laughing at people who take things to seriously is more of a mocking and not really a condescension at all.
    4. And yet here you are, once again, talking to me in my own thread. Coincidence? I think not
    5. My idea was simply an idea. It is for others to discuss, but I don't find any idea to be bad. Some might be far-fetched or unusable, but not bad. Bad is a matter of perception to the individual. Since my opinion is the only one I ever find useful, I fail to see it as bad. Oh, and that makes me a narcissist, not a condescender.

Superman, you seem more interested in responding to the people who you think are insulting you, not the people who are offering refutes to your idea. I'm just going to repeat what I brought up earlier, for your consideration.

The fact that flying mounts can fly indefinitely without tiring (or running out of fuel in the case of the non-organic) in-game is quite enough of a suspension of my willing disbelief. Giving flying mounts the ability to make incredibly long trips over vast ocean that can last anywhere from a few days to a week? Yeah, no.

Aside from that, this would trivialize travel. There is such a thing as too much convenience. This idea is pushing the envelope.

ITT Guys, I keep dying trying to do Evermaw.

It's cool, me too.

The issue with flying across the world to other continents is that they aren't connected. They are separate zones (digitally) that you can transported to and from (to my understanding).