Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That is the mastery I suggested many, many times, with a flat 25% (give or take 5%) Illuminated Healing. Then, of course, since the HP finishers are boosted, the absorbs from them would be as well. Of course we'd need to find another mastery for Disc as well in that case.

My belief is that it's not "absorbs" that are the problem, it's both healing increasing (from general gearing) and absorb % increasing which makes absorbs dominant completely over healing. For example, in Tier 14, perhaps we saw 30% Mastery which means ~23% of our overall pre-OH throughput is absorbs (so more in practice).

Now, we're looking at 50%+ mastery which means 33%+ overall throughput is absorbs (again, more in reality... a lot more).
    Hm, that does make me curious what could be done for Disc, but I suppose that's for discussion in their forum.

I hope they do entertain the thought on just keep absorbs a certain static percentage instead of having them get a double+ progression from both int and mastery. It certainly seems like it'd be easier to balance and would cause fewer issues all around while still giving us a meaningful absorb mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Hm, that does make me curious what could be done for Disc, but I suppose that's for discussion in their forum.

I hope they do entertain the thought on just keep absorbs a certain static percentage instead of having them get a double+ progression from both int and mastery. It certainly seems like it'd be easier to balance and would cause fewer issues all around while still giving us a meaningful absorb mechanic.
    I suggested going back to Divine Aegis being a flat percentage, removing it's association with crit (so crit goes back to being a double heal), and making mastery sort of "the new crit" where it increases DA trigger chance. So you would have a X% (based on mastery) chance to trigger a 40% (say) Divine Aegis on top of your heal. Critical heals would of course double both the heal and the aegis.

Your absorb % of total healing would still go up with gear to an extent (where it wouldn't with my proposed paladin mastery) which is sort of fine since Disc is "the" absorb healer, but it wouldn't really go up at the ridiculous extent (think going up linearly versus quadratically) like it does now where your gear increases both chance and magnitude of the absorb.

Hello, I've stumbleb back here because of a email from MMO champion telling me happy birthday, and now i'm pondering a return (been gone since beginning of cata). How is Ret looking nowadays?

Also, anybody still bouncing around from when I was here?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    fuck forsaken.
    That's necrophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    How is Ret looking nowadays?
    It's decent endgame with BiS gear. Mid-pack basically, in a raid of similar competence. You won't see that without a Heroic Warforged weapon and both of our BiS trinkets, though, as the spec is a bottom feeder on Patchwerk encounters in Normal mode. It's still garbage in rated PvP, but what else is new.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Change Holy mastery. And absorbs in general. They're too strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Deleted
    Its not as easy as changing Holy Mastery like people think it is. The issue is simple:
    Holy Paladin Spells SUCK.
    The class right now without the current absorb mastery would probably get outhealed by elemental shamans dropping healing rain on cd. I'd love if the only absorbs available to Paladins were through Sacred Shield and there would be a new emphasis on single target heals,but the changes needed to go in that direction(and still be a viable class) are massive (and many of them really unlikely to happen).

Also, looking back at Cataclysm, the Holy Paladin mastery(which was even stronger then today) wasn't a big deal when

1)Holy Radiance actually healed
    2)Disc Priests were not OP as fuck
    3)Healing Rain/Efflo/etc weren't as powerful as today.

Deleted
    I'd love for Ret's damage output to be looked at. Currently we are basically all about cooldowns. So I've been playing with an idea in my head.
    First, rework GoAK into something like this:
    2 minute cooldown
    20 second duration
    Turns you into the Avatar of Ancient Kings, allowing your auto-attack to deal double damage, and increasing your strength/mastery/haste/critical strike chance by X percent. Upon expiration you revert back to yourself and deal *whatevertheformulaforancientfuryisnow* of holy damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

Then, make it put AW in a 1 minute cooldown and vice versa, so now instead of 20 seconds every 2 minutes of extremely bursty damage, we'd have 20 seconds of increased damage followed by 40 seconds down time followed by 20 seconds of increased damage followed by 40 seconds of downtime ad nauseum.

Or to simplify things, just make AW turn us into a big golden hulking warrior of light >_>

Also, Shockadin spec. We already sortaish have a ranged rotationish with the glyph of harsh words. Shouldn't be too hard to make a viable ranged DPS spec with a ret-like Hp generator -> filler -> Hp generator -> filler -> Hp generator -> finisher rotation. give it the old Cata Glyph of Exorcism back for the dot and your rotation would be something like HS -> J -> HS -> Exo -> HS -> Harsh Truth rotation for deeps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    I'd love for Ret's damage output to be looked at. Currently we are basically all about cooldowns. So I've been playing with an idea in my head.
    2 minute cooldown
    20 second duration
    Turns you into the Avatar of Ancient Kings, allowing your auto-attack to deal double damage, and increasing your strength/mastery/haste/critical strike chance by X percent. Upon expiration you revert back to yourself and deal *whatevertheformulaforancientfuryisnow* of holy damage to all enemies within 8 yards.

Then, make it put AW in a 1 minute cooldown and vice versa, so now instead of 20 seconds every 2 minutes of extremely bursty damage, we'd have 20 seconds of increased damage followed by 40 seconds down time followed by 20 seconds of increased damage followed by 40 seconds of downtime ad nauseum.

Or to simplify things, just make AW turn us into a big golden hulking warrior of light >_>
    So you want to solve our CD dependance to do damage by adding more CD... Wut ?

Simply higher damage outside of wings, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by DonTirri View Post
    2 minute cooldown
    20 second duration

Also, Shockadin spec. We already sortaish have a ranged rotationish with the glyph of harsh words. Shouldn't be too hard to make a viable ranged DPS spec with a ret-like Hp generator -> filler -> Hp generator -> filler -> Hp generator -> finisher rotation. give it the old Cata Glyph of Exorcism back for the dot and your rotation would be something like HS -> J -> HS -> Exo -> HS -> Harsh Truth rotation for deeps.
    Lvl 100 talents should solve our sustained dmg, just take Holy TV for example, every TV will do Holy dmg which will boost our sustained dmg. Remember how T15 4p boosted our dps and it was RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Ret is losing GoAK. A blue said they were thinking of reducing paladin cooldowns , which i think is great.

GoAK for prot
    Divine Favor for holy
    Avenging Wrath for ret

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Ret is losing GoAK. A blue said they were thinking of reducing paladin cooldowns , which i think is great.

GoAK for prot
    Divine Favor for holy
    Avenging Wrath for ret
    Would definitely trade GoAK for more sustained damage. Exorcism hits for noodle damage. No more horde paladins please, the lore of my favorite class is being butchered. Mess around with shaman,lock,druids or something. Would rather see a tauren rogue before undead or troll pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goak should go away either way. Ret has too many cooldowns atm and Goak is the least interesting one as it doesnt chance ret rotation at all. It's just more damage. "I'm gonna burst soon so be prepared" doesnt fit pvp either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goak should go away either way. Ret has too many cooldowns atm and Goak is the least interesting one as it doesnt chance ret rotation at all. It's just more damage. "I'm gonna burst soon so be prepared" doesnt fit pvp either.
    It is pretty cool and looks so badass, but yeah, i agree, i dont mind seeing it go away(Ret) for some compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Would definitely trade GoAK for more sustained damage. Exorcism hits for noodle damage. No more horde paladins please, the lore of my favorite class is being butchered. Mess around with shaman,lock,druids or something. Would rather see a tauren rogue before undead or troll pally.
    I assume you mean no new horde pally races? I can get behind that, so long as Belfs and Tauren actually get racials that are worth a damn.

And yeah, lowering our dependence on CDs would be wonderful, especially since Readiness can make things more interesting particularly in PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaIzHere View Post
    So you want to solve our CD dependance to do damage by adding more CD... Wut ?

Simply higher damage outside of wings, end of story.
    Well, I think I worded it wrong. What I was after was not removing CD dependance (because god knows Blizz will never do it if the past is anything to go by >_>) but more of a smoother damage curve. Having two damage-increasing cooldowns that couldn't be stacked but had to be used separately would mean that instead of 20secs out of every 2mins of godhood and 140seconds of mediocrity, we'd have 20seconds increased, 40sec downtime, 20sec increased, 40sec downtime.

And what I was also after was getting a sweet transformation form instead of a derpy half-pet >_>
    I mean, both Shamans and Warriors got a transformation for MoP. Why didn't they just turn GoAK into one?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they cease to exist, or are removed periodically and randomly to annoy those avid paladin players I will be pleased.

Paladins whine the most....but are lovable.

Posting in a class forum just to say "get rid of them" isn't appreciated. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2014-01-15 at 01:37 PM.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

I would like to see auras making a return. I <3 the WOTLK style with the auras and judgment system.

BUT that would be counter productive going backwards, what I would really REALLY like to see are librams on our side like the artwork or the dreanei paladin you see in the TBC cinematic

I would really like a ranged holy dps spec, either Paladin or Priest, don't care. TESO has Templars which have a ranged dps spec and I've loved it so far from the two beta's I've played. If nothing else is offering an alternative, I'll most likely be playing TESO full time.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.