Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Such a formulaic approach sounds boring imo. I like it when classes are different because they have different amounts of CC available. Same goes for burst, sustained damage ("pressure"), tankiness, mobility, support. You can probably add more categories, but I'd like it if classes wouldn't be the same across the board. What if someone doesn't want to play a class with that much CC?

It would also mean that you'd actually have to add abilities to healing Priests because they don't have 2 CCs and 2 impairs (maybe also others, can't tell off the top of my head).

Another Priest anti-CC spell I only thought of now: Shadow Word: Death to break sheeps and other CC should never go away.
    I agree with you here, there shouldn't be a strict formula and honestly a lot of the CC that they have is fine. But the way that you can coordinate them needs to be toned down. On my healers, i feel like certain teams can literally endlessly CC me because when one finally DR's, the other is back off of DR.

My proposed change is to how DR works. More things should DR with eachother i feel.

Other than that, as a warlock, i want to give up Shivarra mesmerize. Its so annoying.

Speaking as a resto druid, all CC from symbiosis and the tier 45 and 75 talents. I wouldn't be too happy seeing Bash/Disorienting Roar go but they bring a bit too much to druids' toolkit.

Losing Cyclone and Roots? I'd be very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    That would leave healing priests with a whopping 1 CC's?
    Priests only had scream until mop.

Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    Priests only had scream until mop.
    No. Priests also had Mind Control, Shackle, and for awhile, a few other things.

I play a few classes.

Shaman - Capacitator
    Mage - either frost or pet nova. Shouldn't have both
    DK - asphixiate
    Hunter - Wyvern Sting
    Rogue - Just take away cloak and dagger, leave me with heaps off cc.. it's my thing
    Pal - fear wtf
    Monk - blanket kick isn't required.
    Priest - .................

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hex, long cd, half the classes can dispell it, even insta casted dosen't worth much (when every team has either a mage rshaman or druid)

Capacitator with Totemic Projection is amazing, high skill high reward spell, only one of the few left in the game
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    No. Priests also had Mind Control, Shackle, and for awhile, a few other things.
    Mind Control - had 3s cast time so it was very situational, cutting it out wouldn't have noticeably weakened them
    Shackle Undead - only against DKs, not relevant to overall performance either
    a few other things - ???

So yes, only Psychic Scream was really used until then and did perfectly fine with it. Was fun too.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-14 at 08:15 AM.

Intimidate, because it is lol

Deleted
    As a ret paladin I would be willing to lose:

-Fist of Justice because stuns like that should not excist in the game. Any stun with 30 sec cd needs to have a shorter duration or some other penalties. Hammer of Justice with 45-60 sec cooldown would be enough with 5-6 second duration.

-Fear talent. Such a badly designed talent (short range, ruined Turn evil for undead, does not fit to paladin class)

-Repentance talent in its current form. An iconic cc spell of ret paladins that ret paladin can't even use? Holy does not need a shitload of cc either.

So basically I would remove all cc from the talent tree and that would leave paladin specs with:

Ret:
    Hammer of justice 45 sec cd/5 sec duration or 60/6
    Blinding light 120/6 (could be reduced to 60-90sec tbh or replaced with repentance 60/5-6)
    Instant Turn evil back for undead 8 sec cd

Holy:
    Same spells with casted blinding light.

Prot:
    Same spells +
    Avengers shield

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    Prot:
    Same spells +
    Avengers shield
    Why? I don't really classify AS as a CC. More like a huge steel wall slamming into enemies for insane dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunvor View Post
    Why? I don't really classify AS as a CC. More like a huge steel wall slamming into enemies for insane dmg.
    It is a CC spell as long as it silences your target. Does not matter if it deals damage or not.

On my Mage:

Increase the Cone of Cold slow effect to 70%, simply to make it more interesting as a slow. Maybe reduce duration from 6s to 5s.
    Remove the CC talent tier (Ring of Frost, Ice Ward, Frostjaw).
    Put Blazing Speed, Alter Time and Blink in one talent tier OR remove the first two and simply keep Blink as it is, such an awesome and iconic spell.
    Remove Ice Floes or make it an Arcane spell.
    Remove the Improved Counterspell passive.

Maybe work Cone of Cold into the talent tree somehow, wouldn't know how though.
    Maybe increase the pet Freeze cooldown.

The overall result would be:
    1 CC spell removed
    1 CC spell heavily nerfed
    1 CC spell slightly buffed
    2 CC breakers/mobility spells removed (1 if you currently use Presence of Mind)
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-14 at 01:50 PM.

For my shaman....they need more CC IMO, they have the totem, and a CC with a 45second CD-hex-and a interrupt------give hex a no CD, than it'll be all fine and fair

As a mage i really don't know what CCs i would want to give up. Someone mentioned having pet nova share a CD with Frost Nova, i dont really agree with this. Unlike most other classes that have damage reduction CDs, (ignoring Temporal Shield because it is a talent) mages do not. Some classes even have passive damge reduction cooldowns. Unholy Dks in PvP play with blood presence making them able to take A LOT of damage.

Back on the topic of my magi and his CC. Magi rely on CC in order to keep their opponents at bay, if we were to lose certain CCs we would be stomped out in any Arena or BG very fast. I guess the only thing i can think of losing that wouldn't be that bad would be our CC talent tier, other than that killing a mage would just be too easy. Obviously i am biased because i main a mage but without our freezes and polymorph we would basically be a free kill if we werent given some sort of damage reduction CD.

Any CC that is instant (hunters traps/wyvern sting, fear bombs, mortal coil... etc) should last no more than 3 seconds ever. Lower duration on some things, if you have a cast time, and can be interrupted on it, it can last up to 6 if you get it off.

Maybe that would fix things a bit without removing abilities completely.

Deleted
    Hunter

Actually, none. All of the CC i currently own is CC i already had prior to MoP. Maybe the arrow that is exclusive to marksmanship, besides that none.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderz View Post
    Any CC that is instant (hunters traps/wyvern sting, fear bombs, mortal coil... etc) should last no more than 3 seconds ever. Lower duration on some things, if you have a cast time, and can be interrupted on it, it can last up to 6 if you get it off.

Maybe that would fix things a bit without removing abilities completely.
    This is a very good idea. To further this idea, cast time = CC duration. Example cyclone 1.7s cast, 6s pvp duration. Polymorph 1.7s cast 6s pvp duration. They can adjust cast time to increase CC duration (example polymorph base cast increased to 2.5s cast, 8s duration pvp)

Also after reading other posts about fear and thinking about it myself as a paladin with fear, I am on board with the complete removal of fears as it currently stands. Fearing a healer in arena 30 yards to a los is not skilled game play, its rng, and will cost a match.

All fears (instant) currently in game would be reclassified as horror which stun your target for 3s.

Deleted
    as a mage ring of frost and uhm this ability that freezes stuff and silences you, maybe frost ward (but it's all in the same tier anyway I think)

None, can't afford to lose any, in fact we probably need more as evidenced by lowest arena rep.

Main WW Monk.

Ice Ward for my Mage, I like the differences in playstyle that taking RoF/Frostjaw entail. Another Nova just seems so dull and lacking in creativity. Maybe it would be a great place to put Blast Wave or Impact back in (or maybe even Early Frost)!