Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. Complete Homogenization of the game
    Classes,Races,Cities,Professions, talents, PvE/PvP, everything about this game is now an utter snore fest, when i was first getting into WoW i watched Creed and Sham and wanted to make a Windfury PvP Shaman, I've never had so much fun in a game running around with an arc reaper attacking mages, now, im not even sure if shamans still have windfury.

Destruction of Server And Community

When blizzard brought in Battlegroups and now CRZ, it makes your server pointless, in Vanilla and BC, there were people on the server everyone knew for their reasons, now the only people known are trolls in /2.

Servers means nothing now, The only server i know with a reputation anymore is My server(Moon Guard) and that's cause of naked level 1's e sexing in Gold Shire.

Not to mention you could literally play this game solo and see everything there is in it.
    3. Taking away responsibility from the players

Let's face it, in it's current form, WoW is no harder then say, candy crush, things that used to be needed to raid/pvp/farm are just given to people in skills, prof's or stupidly easy quests, this produces an incredibly stupid bottom and middle line of players who feel if they're doing bad at something, either the game is too hard or there is something wrong that needs to be patched.

4. Rape and Burial of the lore
    I could write about this for hours, but we all know whats wrong, from the stupid plot lines of new expansion to metzen's never ending erection for Green Jesus and the horde super friends, the storyline is almost non existent anymore with stupid characters, plot hole filled(Don't worry, we'll retconn that) stories that go nowhere(Neptulon) and "Story lines" that offer immediate satisfaction with no real though.

It didn't surprise me in the least that they have the Gameplay>Lore mentality.

The Timeless isle Censor crap is number 1-5. That's THE worst idea they ever had. Tol'borad was a better idea. On my realm all it is, is a small group of people killing others as they try to go about their day on the isle. And no one will fight them. It's just horde killing horde all day and then bragging about it in /1. No sorry Censor is 1-4. Number 5 is the Albatross pathing. These same ppl before Huolon spawns in drop on the bridge from the birds and pull the dragon up there and kill him so the 40+ ppl waiting at the bridge cant touch him, and if you try to drop on the bridge with them they just kill you.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

1: Ignoring the core player base and chasing the cash from casual subs
    2: Ignoring the core player base and chasing the cash from casual subs
    3: Ignoring the core player base and chasing the cash from casual subs
    4: Ignoring the core player base and chasing the cash from casual subs
    5: Ignoring the core player base and chasing the cash from casual subs

Replace each point with pretty much anything they have done since TBC, and the point will be valid

in my opinion, making 25m irrelevant ruined wow, I used to enjoy pugging with 25 random people it was fun epic and enjoyable, plus you got to do it again that week in 10m form, was way more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The Timeless isle Censor crap is number 1-5. That's THE worst idea they ever had. Tol'borad was a better idea. On my realm all it is, is a small group of people killing others as they try to go about their day on the isle. And no one will fight them. It's just horde killing horde all day and then bragging about it in /1. No sorry Censor is 1-4. Number 5 is the Albatross pathing. These same ppl before Huolon spawns in drop on the bridge from the birds and pull the dragon up there and kill him so the 40+ ppl waiting at the bridge cant touch him, and if you try to drop on the bridge with them they just kill you.
    It seems it really depends on the server. Since a few days ago, I started helping people getting ganked by Censered players. Since then I see more and more people helping eachother out. You should try the same, granted you're a half-decent PvP player.

Deleted
    1. Removing the buff/debuff type of role.
    2. homogenization
    3. Simplifying everything down.
    4. Giving to much to some classes.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    LFR
    10-man raids
    Normal/heroic modes
    Homogenization
    Removal of attunements
    10-man raids are more fun than 25, in my opinion.
    If you don't like LFR, 10 mans, normals or heroics, do you only like Flex with 11-25 players?
    Attunements did nothing but waste players time before entering the raid. I don't see how having them in makes the game enjoyable.

For me, I think they should have had abilities be different in PvP from the start so we wouldn't see so many PvP changes that also affect PvE.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    1. Removal of pve attunement.
    2. They gave the middle finger to warcraft lore
    3. Cross realm zones. - making crafting/farming and collecting pets take much much longer than needed.
    4. daily quests
    5. Pvp power gear

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Resilience --- I can slay gods and demons but some punk who spent some time in battlegrounds can roflstomp me. What a joke.

1,2,3,4,5. Ghostcrawler

Well... Been playing wow for a loong time now, and I have a list of my own... N1 worst thing that ever happened, at least for me...

1. Lot's of versions of the same dungeons. Heroic mods, normal, 10 man, blah blah...
    I loved the TBC system so much. I mean, make a dungeon hard, and thats it. Dont want "ohh lets make now one thats easier, but the same, so that everyone can see the bosses. Fuck that. I remember me and my friends grinding gear in tbc, running arround BT and dreaming about entering it at finally to see Illidan and the crowd. And you need to be attuned to even enter! That was fun, and it felt so good when you finally managed to do so... And yes, I was a casual then. But I did it anyway, earned my hand of A'dal title, got my medallion of karabor, and it felt good... Guilds were strong then. Today... you do a lfr version, and I simply dont have the will to do flex, normal, 10 man, 25 man, heroic version of the same shit. Why? Because I've seen it in lfr. And thats it. I've seen it. Casuels strived to do something then, Today... You do lfr, and bleh. Guilds die. Fun times die... Idiotic.

2. The day when blizzard "brainiacs" decided to balance pvp arround 2vs2. Not 1 vs 1. Fuck that. I am an individual. I want to be able to kill every class, on my own, as they will me. Any other thinking is just stupid, at least for me.

3. Adding pvp base ressiliance. and why? Due to the moaning of those who were just starting in pvp, how they got one shoted. So? We've all been trought that. Deal with it. Get gear as we all did. And then you'll make a difference. You need to crawl first to be able to walk. Remove that base resill crap, and bring back ress to gear. Make a penalty for pve geared nabs in open world. If not wearing at least 3/4 of pvp gear, your base resill goes to 0. And so on.

4. Questing so god damn easy. Come on.. Return elite mobs. Return the need for groups in killing things. Make the game more social. Make the gamers want to group with others, and kill stuff. Remeber Hogger for example? You've turned it into a cake walk. It is stupid.

5. Once again, balance pvp with 1vs1 on mind. Cant emphasise that enough.

And dear blizzard, stop defending your ideas when they are retarted, just becasue those ideas are your own. Admit mistakes. And you will make this game live for a long time to come...

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    10-man raids are more fun than 25, in my opinion.
    If you don't like LFR, 10 mans, normals or heroics, do you only like Flex with 11-25 players?
    Attunements did nothing but waste players time before entering the raid. I don't see how having them in makes the game enjoyable.

For me, I think they should have had abilities be different in PvP from the start so we wouldn't see so many PvP changes that also affect PvE.
    This right here is what people can't seem to grasp. Waste time? You're playing World of Warcraft, mate. Not ending world hunger.

I like my RPGs to have some longevity behind it. Really long attunement quest chains also made that raid seem more exciting when you finally got inside.

1. LFR, but only the fact that someone who does nothing can have the opportunity of being rewarded, other then that I like it.

2. Cataclysm story. Being a big lore junkie and enjoying the story of WoW, I've always felt that Cata was all over the place when it came to the story. I also felt Deathwing was incredibly lack luster. When I found out you'd be fighting on his back I was psyched, then you actually do the fight and it was incredibly boring.

3. May not be in the game, but MAJOR events being in books and not in the game. For instance Cairne being killed by Garrosh. They also had an awesome chance to do something with the destruction of Theramore, but the scenario was INCREDIBLY lack luster and disappointing.

4. The lack of Dreanei involvement throughout the game. Yes, I know WoD is going to focus on them and the Orcs, but looking back they really haven't had much of a spotlight or involvement in anything. Even Velens short story was focused on Anduin more then Velen.

5. Low level professions still do not feel useful as leveling up. I feel that by now something should have been done with professions to make it more attractive to level them up while leveling up a character, but in the end quest rewards and dungeon loot end up being better then what you can make, since they really haven't updated many of the low level items.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Resilience --- I can slay gods and demons but some punk who spent some time in battlegrounds can roflstomp me. What a joke.
    You seem to live in the past. MoP completely destroyed world PvP. Raiders can shit on a group of 3 fully PvP geared players without breaking a sweat. Besides, with your logic, a person who hunts on bears and practices exorcisms on people would have more knowledge about a duel than a Gladiator in Rome. Which needless to say, is wrong. Equally skilled PvP geared players stomping you, a PvE geared player in a duel makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fucking store. Originally praised as something which would do nothing but sell minipets and the odd mount. And every time something new is going to hit it, the fanboys descend in droves to defend it, and assure us that this is where it stops, and that it's not negatively affecting the game at all, etcetera etcerera. Words cannot explain how much I loathe and fear this store. *spits*

LFR. Instead of encouraging casuals to do smaller formats of raiding, which WotLK did so admirably with easy-mode puggable 10s, Blizzard decided to slap on LFR. Zero challenge. Zero effort. Zero skills. Zero communication beyond trolling/insults. Extreme anger if (God forbid) the group actually wipes. Not to mention the other negatives, such as legendaries being obtainable from a raid which requires zero skill, the fact that raiders feel obliged to run it unless they purposely want to slow their progress, which removes the excitement of discovering new bosses on harder difficulties etc etc.

The neutering of Heroic Dungeons and the advent of Scenarios. Apparently group quests were too hard, and difficult to find groups for, so therefore, the only logical fix for this is to create Scenarios and ensure that they're by far the easiest way to gain Valor points. Yes, not Justice, Valor. Oh, and they're about as difficult as crossing the road. Or the footpath. Or the bathroom hallway. And apparently recycling dungeon assets (which was done to great effect in TBC/WotLK) is too hard, therefore it's not worth the time creating new 5-player dungeons, so you can have like 1 per expansion or something.

Homogeni-fucking-zation. The game-killer. Obsession with every class doing the same DPS, having the same toolkit, having the same survivability, doing the same healing, holding aggro on mobs equally as successfully. Bringing no greater or fewer buffs to the raid than any other spec. Oh Lordy. Every class within an archetype plays absurdly similarly now. It's no longer a challenge or a breath of fresh air to switch to a new alt, the alt simply has its abilities renamed to fit whatever class it happens to be. All because some random moonkin got left out of their MC pug back in Vanilla.

Quests on rails. I really want to swear angrily at them, but I've probably sworn enough for one post. Oh, how I hate them. Now, I know Vanilla's system wasn't perfect, but by God, it was better than it is now. Sure, I don't want to have to run from Dustwallow Marsh to Swamp of Sorrows etc to continue my quest chains, but if I'm exploring a zone, y'know, "off rails", and I find a hub, I don't expect the fucking citizens of that town to a) either be phased out of existence completely, or b) completely ignore be because I haven't killed boars for some fucking peasant on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ZONE who is entirely UNAWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THE NEW CAMP in which I'm standing. It simply kills exploration - you go where the fucking quests tell you, and nowhere else, or you're wasting your time.
    Oh, and would it kill them to allow you to get more than 3 quests at a time? Get 2 quests. Finish them. Get 1 quest. Finish it. Get 3 quests. Finish them. Do this around 7,000 more times and you'll hit max level. No wonder they're selling 90s - when you fuck up a system that badly, the only way around it is to skip the entire mess, right?

Wow! Such anger from a bunch of type-2 diabetic nerds about LFR, PvP, attunements, blah blah blah. All horseshit opinions to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Oh wow huge surprise here.. yet another post focusing on negative things..
    And I love how people attribute their personal "Top 5 list of bad things in WoW" to the number of subscriptions.

Seriously people, let go of the past. Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata and soon to be Mists are long gone. Move forward.

And lastly....ITS ONLY A GAME! #firstworldproblems
    Last edited by Plutarch78; 2014-01-26 at 08:25 PM. Reason: addentium

LFR
    LFR
    LFR
    LFR
    LFR

And the Store

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    And I love how people attribute their personal "Top 5 list of bad things in WoW" to the number of subscriptions.

Seriously people, let go of the past. Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata and soon to be Mists are long gone. Move forward.

And lastly....ITS ONLY A GAME! #firstworldproblems
    Thanks for that insightful little speech. The fact remains, systems were introduced in each of these expansions which carry forward into others, they don't stick around solely for the expansion they're released in. Thus, they're still relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) PvP existing
    2) - 5) The amount of the player base who pretends to have any clue on how to design a video game.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    1. AV
    2.Killing World PvP
    3. AV again
    4. AV for the third time
    5. AV yeah... they made a lot of mistakes here