Thread: Great Job!

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Great Job!

Great Job Sheriff Joe! If only every person in charge of prisons in the US would take after this guy, Id be so happy! He knows how to properly punish criminals! Criminals in jail are the scum of society and need to be treated as such instead of being put in a place where they can relax and live the good life. Here is another great example of his work:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-...-ruining-flag/

Quote Originally Posted by Article View Post
    PHOENIX - Dozens of inmates in Arizona jails run by Joe Arpaio, a sheriff who has been a controversial figure in the national immigration debate, have been put on a diet of bread and water for desecrating U.S. flags that hang in each cell, authorities said on Friday.

Arpaio, a Maricopa County lawman who has been called "America's toughest sheriff," said 38 inmates were currently getting these meals twice a day as punishment for destroying government property while in custody at six jails.

"These inmates have destroyed the American flag that was placed in their cells. Tearing them, writing on them, stepping on them, throwing them in the toilet, trash or wherever they feel," Arpaio said in a statement. "It's a disgrace to those who have fought for our country."

The punishment will last for seven days, he said, and a second offense would bring 10 more days of the sparse diet.

A sheriff's spokesman said the bread provides the daily requirement of calories and nutrients that is necessary. There are about 8,300 inmates in the jail system.

In recent months, the Maricopa County jails have broadcast patriotic songs over the public address systems - "The Star Spangled Banner" in the morning and "God Bless America" at night.
    If more people in charge of prisons did what he did, people would be much more likely to not commit crimes as they would be scared to go back to jail instead of seeing it as a place to go for a free room, food, and play games all day. Prison isnt supposed to be fun or carefree. If the prisoners dont like it, then like Sheriff Joe says "Dont come back"
    Last edited by Orlong; 2014-01-27 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    America has terrible prisons, and an even more wretched justice system; But we wouldn't want that to interrupt your fantastic circle jerk.

This is the 2nd time you've posted this shit.

Deleted
    Oh please, in America? Where huge amount of prison populace resides there purely for a VICTIMLESS CRIME, a.k.a. substance abuse. Real scum of the society there.

10+ Year Old Account
    After your 'Imperal VS Metric' thread I can't take anything you say seriously.

No. See we have this thing called the Constitution that protects against cruel and unusual punishments and feeding someone bread and water over defacing a flag pretty much falls under both of those. This man has a serious case of badge-itis and it really has to stop. Despite the many cries to the contrary there are many nonviolent people who go to jail as well and they don't deserve to be treated like animals, heck I treat animals better than this tool treats people. He's on a power trip and has been for a long time. I don't think prison should be a cake walk, but there is a point where it goes too far and this guy is a prime example of "too far" made manifest.

I'm pretty sure the ACLU will get involved in this one, and I was Amnesty International I might move to get involved as well. Bread and water is horrible for someone and provides no nutrients. You're basically starving someone down to break them and that is unacceptable. It's immoral, illegal and if he's broken the law he should at least lose his job over this.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Deleted
    The USA has an awful prison system, it is nothing to be proud of.

I think I've lost the ability to detect sarcasm. Thanks Internet!

Deleted
    I generally believe the OP has a condition that's removed all emotion...

Interesting how you promote torture in prisons for anybody irrespective of their crime

Deleted
    what the eff? that punishment for desecrating a flag? i don't think thats something anyone should be proud of. why would you even put flags in a prison cell anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    No. See we have this thing called the Constitution that protects against cruel and unusual punishments and feeding someone bread and water over defacing a flag pretty much falls under both of those. This man has a serious case of badge-itis and it really has to stop. Despite the many cries to the contrary there are many nonviolent people who go to jail as well and they don't deserve to be treated like animals, heck I treat animals better than this tool treats people. He's on a power trip and has been for a long time. I don't think prison should be a cake walk, but there is a point where it goes too far and this guy is a prime example of "too far" made manifest.

I'm pretty sure the ACLU will get involved in this one, and I was Amnesty International I might move to get involved as well. Bread and water is horrible for someone and provides no nutrients. You're basically starving someone down to break them and that is unacceptable. It's immoral, illegal and if he's broken the law he should at least lose his job over this.
    First of all, bread and water isnt cruel. It causes no pain. Also according to the article it meets the caloric intake required by law, and its onpy for 7 days if they straighten up. Secondly It wasnt because they desecrated a flag. Its because they destroyed federal property (the flag). Thirdly the majority of people in Arizona think he does the job properly or he wouldnt have been elected for 6 consecutive terms. lastly I dont care if they are nonviolent or not, they still broke the law knowing if they were caught, they would go to jail. If they dont want to be there, then its easy to avoid going. Dont commit crimes.

The ACLU already tried to intervene when he started making them wear pink striped uniforms and underwear and use pink towels, they tried to interfere when he made the worst of them live in tent cities in the desert and work in chain gangs. They tried to interfere when he made CSPAN the only TV station they could watch, and they tried to intervene when he played nothing but opera over the loudspeakers all day. They FAILED on every attempt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is the 2nd time you've posted this shit.
    This is NOT the second time I posted this. The story just broke today. You need to prove I already posted it if youre going to accuse.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2014-01-27 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Perhaps prisoners wouldn't remove flags if moronic patriotism wasn't shoved down their throats by a psychotic redneck with obvious power issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Criminals in jail are the scum of society and need to be treated as such instead of being put in a place where they can relax and live the good life. Here is another great example of his work:
    Better go turn yourself in then.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, bread and water isnt cruel. It causes no pain. Secondly It wasnt because they desecrated a flag. Its because they destroyed federal property (the flag). Thirdly the majority of people in Arizona think he does the job properly or he wouldnt have been elected for 6 consecutive terms. lastly I dont care if they are nonviolent or not, they still broke the law knowing if they were caught, they would go to jail. If they dont want to be there, then its easy to avoid going. Dont commit crimes.

The ACLU already tried to intervene when he started making them wear pink striped uniforms and underwear and use pink towels, they tried to interfere when he made the worst of them live in tent cities in the desert and work in chain gangs. They tried to interfere when he made CSPAN the only TV station they could watch, and they tried to intervene when he played nothing but opera over the loudspeakers all day. They FAILED on every attempt

- - - Updated - - -

This is NOT the second time I posted this. The story just broke today. You need to prove I already posted it if youre going to accuse.
    It didn't break today since I read about it yesterday.

Great Job Sheriff Joe! If only every person in charge of prisons in the US would take after this guy, Id be so happy! He knows how to properly punish criminals! Criminals in jail are the scum of society and need to be treated as such instead of being put in a place where they can relax and live the good life. Here is another great example of his work:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-...-ruining-flag/

If more people in charge of prisons did what he did, people would be much more likely to not commit crimes as they would be scared to go back to jail instead of seeing it as a place to go for a free room, food, and play games all day. Prison isnt supposed to be fun or carefree. If the prisoners dont like it, then like Sheriff Joe says "Dont come back"
    Hrmmm, Government Rule by fear... Then, in another thread, you demand to keep your guns in case the government begins to rule by fear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Perhaps prisoners wouldn't remove flags if moronic patriotism wasn't shoved down their throats by a psychotic redneck with obvious power issues!
    Perhaps they wouldnt be there if they hadnt chosen to be a criminal. Look, he was elected 6 consecutive times. This means people like him and what he has done for Arizona

10+ Year Old Account

They are still humans. Unappealing humans but humans nonetheless.

*Breaks a law*

"YOU FUCKER" *Beats the shit out of you*. "STUPID CRIMINALS!!! OBEY THE LAW" *Punches man in the face again*

That doesn't end well.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-01-27 at 11:31 PM. Reason: CAUSE I CAN!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Perhaps they wouldnt be there if they hadnt chosen to be a criminal. Look, he was elected 6 consecutive times. This means people like him and what he has done for Arizona
    Lots of awful people were considered popular by the people, does not mean much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Hrmmm, Government Rule by fear... Then, in another thread, you demand to keep your guns in case the government begins to rule by fear...
    The difference is these people are criminals. Im not. These arent people awaiting trials, these are people who have been CONVICTED, hence why all employees in this prison system are only allowed to address inmates as "convict" rather than by their names.
    Also, this form of punishment works as this prison system has one of the lowest recidivism rate in the country
    Last edited by Orlong; 2014-01-27 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Then shame on Arizona

Who says every inmate chose to be a criminal - do you know how many falsely imprisoned people there has been? Of course you don't because HERPDERP THEY'RE ALL SCUM! -_- can't imagine you surviving on bread & water

- - - Updated - - -

i imagine you're against free condoms in prisons too and any visiting rights or rehabilitation

I literally can't see how this man isn't violating the 4th Amendment and the 8th Amendment at the same time.

Of course to this man only the 2nd matters.