Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

What would be your cash-shop breaking point?

I read a lot of these threads, and unfortunately I always find myself having the unpopular "Blizzard why u hate us" opinion.

What I am wondering, however, (addressing the people defending Blizzard/or are indifferent), what would be your break point? What could they sell that would make you stop and go "hang on, this is not right."

I know there are a lot of cash shop threads, but unfortunately beating down the issue does not make it less of a problem for some people. The fact that there are so many probably means it needs to be addressed properly and transparently.

So yeah, anyway, what could they sell that'd be completely unreasonable? Titles? Gear? Mats? Recipes? Gold? (god forbid.)
    Or are you, indeed, completely fine with Blizzard making money however they can?

I personally, and many other people, seem to draw the line at boosted character. Just my opinion.
    Where is your line?

Deleted
    Blizzard is trying to milk every penny before WoW dies. They dont hate us, they just greedy.
    That said, if they give people current tier gear or level boost to max lvl for cash, that should be the straw.
    or anything that actually takes effort to get, like legendary's, etc.

Anything that could be considered Pay 2 Win.

Cosmetic is fine by me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Blizzard is trying to milk every penny before WoW dies. They dont hate us, they just greedy.
    That said, if they give people current tier gear or level boost to max lvl for cash, that should be the straw.
    or anything that actually takes effort to get, like legendary's, etc.
    Just to ask, would you be okay with last tier gear being for sale?

Better than starting gear... gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Anything that could be considered Pay 2 Win.

Cosmetic is fine by me.
    Again, you're not winning anything by last tiers raid gear, really. Would you be okay with that?

If they started to make things that mattered only available through the cash shop, that'd be cause for concern. As long as it's stuff that time can replace, or stuff that doesn't matter at all (Mounts, pets), there really is no problem. If they start saying "Pay 5$ to access the newly made heroic" then that's pretty much it for me. Obviously, buying currently relevant gear would also be a huge thing. I mean, I don't care if people can buy MoP blues nowadays, but I don't believe they can properly balance the point at which it's worth it to buy gear from the shop and also doesn't piss off their customers, so it'd be a big red flag if they actually tried going into it.

Starting being like timeless, no idea why it's epic guess Blizzard stopped caring about item colour.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Well, I made an animated presentation of my breaking point!

Pay to unban accounts.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear with stats is crossing the line.

That would not make me unsub; that's just where it crosses from harmless to harmful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything having to do with skipping end-game content.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    Wildstar release hopefully is the breaking point.

Preferable to level boost: $10 to put a bonus on your account. For every two levels you gain through normal leveling, you can grant one level to an alt (cannot grant levels to characters above level 75).

Why not that? Why the hell would they go straight to boost to 90, bypassing all the content they worked so hard to revamp Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Preferable to level boost: $10 to put a bonus on your account. For every two levels you gain through normal leveling, you can grant one level to an alt (cannot grant levels to characters above level 75).

Why not that? Why the hell would they go straight to boost to 90, bypassing all the content they worked so hard to revamp Cata?
    Because this casual as fuck toxic community begged for it. "Baw, I don't have time to level up in a timesink MMO!"

Nothing. I don't worry about players that aren't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post

Blizzard cannot admit their failure with leveling.

Deleted
    When you can buy BiS gear. Or there are potions/flask/food that are better than crafted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Well, I made an animated presentation of my breaking point!

Snip
    Guess you'll be gone forever then, bye.

Pets... Oh wait... Seriously though each small expansion of the menu is another straw on the camels back. Personally the store in conjunction with other issues is why I already left.