Poll: Are you OK with a $50 Expansion?

Thread: $50 Expansion

Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    lol are you serious? do you have any idea what inflation is? I'd suggest you and the 54% other children read up on it.
    Arrogance. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Everything except triple A games.
    People really do overlook the fact that the cost of games only go's up because companys like blizzard drop way to much money into them.

Look at indle titles there is many that are high quailty AAA titles that beat out most Big titles and they cost $15.

Square Enix is a perfect example of expecting way to much from game sells. So if this is the real reason its once again blizzards fault.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    And would you be bitching if that 25% increase was over a candy bar, going from $1 to $1.25? Nope.
    Are you not familiar with the backlash when coke and pepsi went from $1.00 to $1.25 10 years ago in their vending machines?

Regardless, I'd be more curious to ask why it's $50. Is it inflation? Is it $10 more worth content-wise than previous xpacx? Is it due to fewer subs so they're trying to cover costs? Usually, radical price changes are explained. Think the leap from PS2/xbox to PS3/360 and the cost it takes to make the more high end games.

People will still buy who want it. They may not pre-purchase right away though. Very few will let an extra $10 get in the way, but its alright to react when the model is changed with no explanation.

Still can't believe Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls is $40 and all we got is one additional Act.

Blizzard and their cash grabs... SMH.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I've been 50/50 on this expansion and have been waiting for the beta to see how it goes but... this is pushing me towards not getting it. Only way I'd get it now is if a few friends came back for the expansion which I doubt now. The price is too close to a full priced game and I could just go get South Park. Sure you could say that you get more time out of WoW but it's not about how much time you put in but how much you enjoy that time.
    OK let's examine this. Buy South Park, play it through in 12 hours. You are done.

Buy WOD, do you think you might possibly play it more than 12 hours?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Yeah wow...$50 for an unlock code if you're only buy the digital version(not the deluxe). That's all we're getting now, an unlock code. All the pre patches and stuff we get for 6.0 is actually the entire expansion, but it won't unlock unless you have the code. That's what happened for my sister the morning of MoP launch. She bought the 'expansion', entered the code, and logged right in. No downloading, no fuss. The Collectors Edition gets better value, but we haven't gotten a price tag for that yet. Mop CE was $80 for a CD, art book, mouse pad, all the digital goodies, and a full hard copy of the game. That was bang for the buck, and I still use the mouse pad, and the art book sits on my coffee table.

10+ Year Old Account
    TESO this month = -1 M wow subs loss in west

NCSOFT combo of death this spring/summer : Wildstar + GW2 China = -3M wow subs loss Worldwide

Bad wod xpac empty barebone + release in December + 50 EUROS = -1M SUB loss

Everquest 2014/2015 = -2 M wow sub loss

Star Citizen : FATALITY !!! FLAWLESS VICTORY 500k WoW subs remaining.

WOW = F2P in 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    lol are you serious? do you have any idea what inflation is? I'd suggest you and the 54% other children read up on it.
    and, freshman in college, I'll explain how the dollar has not increased by 25% in not even the last 5 years. So
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because calling other people 'children' because you don't agree with them is so mature!
    People that do not agree 10 dollars is so small in comparison to the whole picture are children or at least think like children.

Deleted
    I'm okay with paying 45€ for WoD since I expect I'll get a lot of play time and enjoyment out of it for that price.
    But just reading through the comments here makes me really sad how low some people can go. And I don't mean just the haters, some of the fans are equally bad. One side raging and spewing hate every time Blizzard so much as blinks and the other side throwing insults and telling anyone who disagrees with Blizzard's decision to "fuck off". Is it so hard for people to maintain a healthy discussion about their opinions?
    Now I'm a huge Blizzard fan and I see myself playing many more of their games for a long time and have no problem spending money to support the company, but I understand people that don't find this price tag justifiable and I'm not going to try to convince them otherwise. I also agree that Blizzard should release a cheaper version of WoD without the 90 boost, which seems a reasonable request.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post

NCSOFT combo of death this spring/summer : Wildstar + GW2 China = -3M wow subs loss Worldwide

WOW = F2P in 2015.
    LMAO he's posting this in multiple threads.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    So there is an option not to get free 90? also is there a US version of that?
    You'll get the free 90, but only at release. And yes there is US version. I also saw RU IIRC.

WOW = F2P in 2015.
    yeah, no.
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    People that do not agree 10 dollars is so small in comparison to the whole picture are children or at least think like children.

No they're not. That's -your- opinion, and it's quite a silly, arrogant and haughty one too.

10+ Year Old Account

WOW = F2P in 2015.
    I'm gonna go ahead and write this down. Let's get back together in 2015 and see how accurate you were.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    What an asspull of a post. Really, dude? "If you don't like it, make something better or shut up!"
    You don't have to be capable of creating games yourself to insult your precious Blizzard.
    It's really tiring reading about all the complaining, I'm not sure why you enjoy it (or in this case added TO it). I didn't say "If you don't like it make something better!", it was more of a subjective post, pointing out the fact that not only designing and developing software is challenging, but pleasing millions of people with the end result is nigh impossible. NO other game can boast that many concurrent players. So, really, it's more of a "sh*t or get off the pot" response as in: We ALL have something we don't like about the game, every single person can find something. That being said: it's either enough to make you move on or not, so why troll around forums spouting off about how crappy something is that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, just like ALL OF US put their blood, sweat and tears into? Just move on, the best way to speak in circumstances like this is with your wallet.

As far as my "precious" Blizzard: I think when they merged with Activision everything just... garbage. All about profits. That doesn't mean I have no respect for the time and effort that your average person puts into something. Sure, some of them are shitheels, but most like more than 90% of the people working on WoW are putting a lot of their time and effort into making it as pleasing as possible to the most amount of subscribers as possible, so why knock that? Is what they're doing acceptable? Maybe to some, to other not... but are they doing the work? Yes.

NOW take that and put it to the context of my post as to WHY costs go up, salaries, resources (employees), marketing, etc. And maybe you'll see what I was saying.

Or maybe you'll continue being pissed off for no other reason than to be pissed off. In which case I'd recommend focusing on things besides online gaming to get yourself right before spouting off more short, angry tirades. I was simply responding to a forum post, in a manner very common on forums across the entire internet, take it for what you will, there seems to bee deeper seeded issues in your reply though. In my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

That's really just not true.

There's plenty of people as seen by this thread who disagree with the principle of a 25% increase.

Now rather than going around the same arguments and insulting everybody who disagrees with you, go read the other pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    OK let's examine this. Buy South Park, play it through in 12 hours. You are done.

Buy WOD, do you think you might possibly play it more than 12 hours?
    I can also get from level 85-90 in 12 hours paid, the rest is paid by the sub fee.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Only poor people that can't afford it are complaining about the price.
    What an ignorant comment, please never post something this stupid ever again.

You can't comment about the whole picture if you are going to ignore 3/4 of it sorry it dose not work that way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD