Poll: Legendary for alts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would eb all for it, I have 1 cloak and 3 other characters on the Secret's quest I cannot be arsed to do it again it's just too painful having to do LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    I think they should just eliminate the valor portion of the quest entirely, even for new characters, given how late it is in the expansion. I don't see it having any real merit at this point. It's just a time sink that seems unnecessary and clunky to me.
    At least the valor is guaranteed to be finished on time. If anything they should change it so alts of people with the cloak get guaranteed drops in ToT and SoO. remove the RNG for alts

How far this game has fallen where people are discussing how it is unfair that their alt has to work to get a legendary.

Cata had the exact same problem that we do now, the legendaries (staff, daggers) were so easy to get that not having one severely disadvantaged you. Making legendaries purchaseable account-wide isn't the solution, though.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They definately should increase drop chances for the Secrets and Runestones at LEAST, I'm on my 2nd legendary cloak and on the runestone part, I was very lucky to get 14 secrets the first week and finished them the 2nd, but now, the runestones are giving me cancer faster you can get aids, 1 the first week and looks like 1 this week again, it's horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you shouldn't be able to get a 'free' cloak on your alts, it's bad enough with all the fucking LFRetards running around with them. I got my cloak on my main, and it is the first legendary I've ever gotten during current content. I'm not even happy, or satisfied. All I've acquired is my requirement to join pugs or apply to guilds.

I don't even play alts anymore because of this garbage expansion. Required dailies when it launched, and now that it's over a required 3-month legendary. I used to LOVE alts, but MoP has made me despise them. I get to 90 on a new character and log off almost immediately, only ever logging on them to get carried though a holiday event 10 times a day.

I hate this 'legendary' and everything it stands for. I hope to a god (pick one, any one) that they do not use the same method for legendaries in upcoming expansions, even though they said they were planning on it.
    Last edited by KonkeroaR; 2014-03-12 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I would eb all for it, I have 1 cloak and 3 other characters on the Secret's quest I cannot be arsed to do it again it's just too painful having to do LFR.
    Any character that "needs" the cloak should be perfectly capable of using Openraid or oQueue and getting into ToT normal (or tier 14 normals) and having quick, easy clears since you're not being dragged down by worthless LFR players. Also, it takes less time to get into a group this way, assuming you're not a tank with an instant queue.

Easier, faster... why would you bother with LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    They definately should increase drop chances for the Secrets and Runestones at LEAST, I'm on my 2nd legendary cloak and on the runestone part, I was very lucky to get 14 secrets the first week and finished them the 2nd, but now, the runestones are giving me cancer faster you can get aids, 1 the first week and looks like 1 this week again, it's horrible.
    How is it that you're getting 1 runestone per week when there are two bosses that offer guaranteed runestone drops?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Any character that "needs" the cloak should be perfectly capable of using Openraid or oQueue and getting into ToT normal (or tier 14 normals) and having quick, easy clears since you're not being dragged down by worthless LFR players. Also, it takes less time to get into a group this way, assuming you're not a tank with an instant queue.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it that you're getting 1 runestone per week when there are two bosses that offer guaranteed runestone drops?
    assuming there's people on oqeue who wants ilvl 515 chars on tot and old content. every old raid on oqeue is just "ilvl550 to zerg gogo fast"

KonkeroaR brings up a good point. the only time I've bothered to log in to 90 Alts everyday during the MoP expansion was for extra chances at holiday mounts. Most recently the valentines dungeon for rockets. when it ended those 90s went back to only being logged in for profession cooldowns if I even cared to do them each day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDS View Post
    Legendaries should never, ever be purchasable. Let's leave at least one part of the game that requires time and effort.
    But it still takes time to get it on your main

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    assuming there's people on oqeue who wants ilvl 515 chars on tot and old content. every old raid on oqeue is just "ilvl550 to zerg gogo fast"
    That's why I also mentioned Openraid. I've seen plenty of groups on Openraid, oQueue and even in trade chat. If you can't find a ToT pug, even at 515 ilvl, you're simply not looking hard enough.

I've gotten two cloaks now. In fact, I had the non-legendary version on both of my characters before 5.4 released. If I had 3 raiding characters, I probably would've had 3 cloaks by then. It's seriously an easy and relatively quick process with the changes they made to it in 5.4.

If you want a legendary item, you have to work for it. If you want it on multiple characters, you better be prepared to work for it on multiple characters.

And, no, the cloak is definitely not required for any content -- heroic or normal. We've had more than a few players in our 11/14h guild that were/are still working on their cloak and they were still able to put out acceptable/competitive DPS.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-03-12 at 06:05 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

My main issue with people buying 90 Alts right now is that it seems entirely pointless to use them now.. you're going to farm timeless isle and lfrs for 3 months until you get a cloak and groups will let you into their real raiding. WoD is way too far off

There are too many Legendaries. They no longer feel legendary, they no longer look legendary, and they feel mandatory.

Bad design, bad implementation, and bad feels.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, you're right, I actually got mine from Sha of Pride, I killed Lei Shen for the secret. So 2 then! But at least, drop rates are horrendous

and this right here is the major problem with casual legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It isn't necessary.
    The players are the problem, if you are expected to have it.
    The players are not to blame when the system allows you to get the "legendary" without much effort. For serious content you are expected to bring the best available - even if you could do without.

New quest: Alternate virtue. Talk to Wrathion at each celestial, complete one trial, and pay 50k g. Awards cloak of virtue and 42k rep with Black Prince. Only available to characters on accounts with the achievement for Judgement of the Black Prince. Leads to "haul your butt to the timeless isle and talk to Wrathion". This allows emergency rerolls and requires the test of skill. However, the 50k g price tag would make it something that you would make sure you really needed to.

My alts run their farms with excellence, do professions cooldowns, and pretend that they have a chance at holiday mount drops. I really can't be bothered to do long grindy questlines on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    The drop rates are 100% fine for the sake of getting a legendary item. The drop rates are 100% not OK to farm an item that you are required to have to raid on any character.

Remember back in vanilla when no one invited tanks or rogues unless they had a Thunderfury? Or how about BC when only rogues with glaives could raid. Ahh the good old days of WotLK when all of your healers had the Ulduar mace, and all of your plate DPS had Shadowmourne because they were mandatory for raiders. My favorite being Cataclysm, when 100% of all casters and rogues in every raid had their legendary item, because they wouldn't get an invite with out them.

/sarcasm

Something went horribly wrong somewhere. And it smells like pandas.
    Last edited by KonkeroaR; 2014-03-12 at 06:13 PM.

By making it so easily available (read: to anyone who can log into the game and queue LFR for 2 months) they have ruined at least this legendary and given people a sense that every single one of their toons should have it. Its bad enough that ANYONE can get this with little to no effort, now you want it just given to you for gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    and this right here is the major problem with casual legendaries
    this right here is the problem with a raid tier designed around people having one AT THE START.

The first people with cloaks got them the day SoO came out.