Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Has anyone seen the Draenor Arakkoa yet? I can't find anything on Google, but my friend's adamant they shown a concept drawing at Blizzcon.

They haven't. We've yet to see them in their majestic, but asshole-y glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Using your logic we couldn't have gotten DK humans... cause they would look just like the forsakens... Oh wait... They don't look like the forsakens, even though they are undead humans too :O
    Your previous response to me was already refuted by rumaya2000, so..

No, that's not nearly comparable. DK humans are just humans with a paler skin, some slight indications of being malnourished and bone textures here and there. High Elves are literally just Blood Elves with blue eyes, or rather.. Blood Elves are High Elves with green eyes. You're pushing a biological distinction between Helves and Belves that has never existed for the sake of making your broken dreams to play an Alliance Blood Elf real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Has anyone seen the Draenor Arakkoa yet? I can't find anything on Google, but my friend's adamant they shown a concept drawing at Blizzcon.
    Nope, they just described them (they said how they looked), They have a pridefull look, they have wings, are not hunched..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This. I seriously don't want to see blue-eyed Blood Elves advertised as "BRAND NEW RACE-U!".
    There are other ways around that.

*Gets a drawboard*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Like it or not - we will be going to the Ogre continent at some point. It doesn't have to be next expansion (though I think it will), but it's going to happen at some point. The fact is, they're running out of space on Azeroth so they're inventing new spaces elsewhere. And with the Ogre continent will come playable Ogres and Arrakoa - I'd put money on it.
    well, so admins should made subforum for you, northen and Teriz for next two years called "Expansion after WoD"
    where you will be able to write 99999 of threads like:

Ogre continent the most possible next expansion place.
    Arakkoa the most possible new Alliance race.
    Greenwood secret empire of High Elves.
    Calia Queen of Lordaeron.
    Tinker class as the only and the best new class option.
    9999 reasons why Demon Hunter won't be playable race and thats bad idea because tinkers are awesome.

coz I see this becoming another thread when one guy try to force his one and the only right idea because someone said 2 sentences about nothing important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your previous response to me was already refuted by rumaya2000, so..
    When? what he says doesn't have much sense

No, that's not nearly comparable. DK humans are just humans with a paler skin, some slight indications of being malnourished and bone textures here and there. High Elves are literally just Blood Elves with blue eyes, or rather.. Blood Elves are High Elves with green eyes. You're pushing a biological distinction between Helves and Belves that has never existed for the sake of making your broken dreams to play an Alliance Blood Elf real.
    As i said before 1 race can have different models and in the end they will still be the same race and i won't be giving them biological distinction, look at Thrall, look at Garrosh, look at Malfurion, look at Velen, look at Nozdormu's human form, etc...

Just because they look different doesn't mean that they are something different.

Note: no, i don't even care if the HE became a playable race but i'm just pointing out that they could still be different from the BE without breaking lore

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    What if they did something completely unprecedented and added two races mid-expansion. A lot of people will buy the expansion regardless of the features, but Blizzard would see a huge rise in subs if they worked in a patch of that magnitude. Either way I've been hoping for Ogres since launch.
    I was secretly hoping they would do this with Jinyu and Hozen in MoP
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

After Goblin and Pandaren being an option for a race, I like to believe anything is possible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Very bad idea for both. Besides that, we never need any more playable races.
    More variety is never a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not without making an arbitrary difference that will upset both sides when in reality there is no difference aside from the blue eyes in lore.

If you update the model specifically for High Elves, you update the model for Blood Elves to match. The races are not physically different enough to be separate. The skin color (Which can be easily explained for Blood Elves) and the eyes (Which isn't even a difference any longer because of the Sunwell being purified) are not physical differences, and cannot be used to separate the two.
    But Thrall but Malfurion but Velen..... ahhh whatever i give up

Ogres are more then likely going to be a Horde race sooner or later. the alliance always seems to get the wild card race but the wild cards are the more interesting ones. the only two alliance races I have toons with are the Worgen and Dreanei. given they aren't the bland ass original 4. if the bird people become a race and land on the allies I will for sure roll one.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-03-14 at 11:47 PM.

When? what he says doesn't have much sense

As i said before 1 race can have different models and in the end they will still be the same race and i won't be giving them biological distinction, look at Thrall, look at Garrosh, look at Malfurion, look at Velen, look at Nozdormu's human form, etc...

Just because they look different doesn't mean that they are something different.

Note: no, i don't even care if the HE became a playable race but i'm just pointing out that they could still be different from the BE without breaking lore

It actually makes a lot of sense.

And those examples aren't really good comparisons. Most of what they have are features like tattoos, other beards. Doesn't really apply to the customization and wide range you would have to give to a new race.

So yeah, you would be making High Elves something else and then calling them High Elves just to get your way.

And I am not against High Elves being playable, but I don't want to see them as a new race. Sub-race instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There are other ways around that.

*Gets a drawboard*

And then they are turned into something they aren't just to finally have your High Elves. Noty. Just make them available as subrace instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Ogres are more then likely going to be a Horde race sooner or later. the alliance always seems to get the wild card race but the wild cards are the more interesting ones. the only two alliance races I have toons with are the Worgen and Dreanei. given they aren't the bland ass original 4. if the bird people become a race and land on the allies I will for sure roll one.
    Yeah but i do understand the alliance players that is kind of... weird they never get a more "casual" race, but they don't have as many options as the horde, the horde had the Goblins and ogres (or half-orcs), while the alliance only had the HE and when the BE came out, the possibility of having HE became really small

- - - Updated - - -

It actually makes a lot of sense.

And those examples aren't really good comparisons. Most of what they have are features like tattoos, other beards. Doesn't really apply to the customization and wide range you would have to give to a new race.

So yeah, you would be making High Elves something else and then calling them High Elves just to get your way.

And I am not against High Elves being playable, but I don't want to see them as a new race. Sub-race instead.
    Look at Velen and look at a normal male Draenei they look really different but in the end you can see they are the same race, the same goes with Thrall and a normal orc...

I'm just saying that the model could be different but still be alike... or look at the Dark Fallens, the random dark fallen mobs look like DK Blood Elfs but the princes (not the queen) look pretty different but are still the same race and they don't have anything special... they just have a "bigger" rank

Yeah but i do understand the alliance players that is kind of... weird they never get a more "casual" race, but they don't have as many options as the horde, the horde had the Goblins and ogres (or half-orcs), while the alliance only had the HE and when the BE came out, the possibility of having HE became really small

To fix it all, they should just be a sub-race or something.

And I hate how Blizzard has nothing seeded for potential new Alliance race, but I do want to assert that Arakkoa COULD make sense. They just need to write it as making sense. Though I'm not sure what they'll do. Could it be that we'll spend two expansions in past Draenor, with the second one being the Ogre continent? After which the Alliance takes a part of the past Arakkoa population (majestic and uncorrupted) and Horde takes a part of the past Ogre population (also less corrupted, stronger) and those become the new player races?

10+ Year Old Account
    And I hate how Blizzard has nothing seeded for potential new Alliance race, but I do want to assert that Arakkoa COULD make sense. They just need to write it as making sense. Though I'm not sure what they'll do. Could it be that we'll spend two expansions in past Draenor, with the second one being the Ogre continent? After which the Alliance takes a part of the past Arakkoa population (majestic and uncorrupted) and Horde takes a part of the past Ogre population (also less corrupted, stronger) and those become the new player races?
    I don't really think we will get 2 expansions in Draenor but who knows, also we could get the ogre and arakkoa version we already know, we know that ogres can recover their intelligence (Ogrila) and we really don't know how big is the arakkoa population left in outland, is just as you said if Blizzard come with a good story to make it have sense...

Note: The alliance have the Jinyu (is something don't you think?)

I don't really think we will get 2 expansions in Draenor but who knows, also we could get the ogre and arakkoa version we already know, we know that ogres can recover their intelligence (Ogrila) and we really don't know how big is the arakkoa population left in outland, is just as you said if Blizzard come with a good story to make it have sense...

Note: The alliance have the Jinyu (is something don't you think?)

Jinyu will probably remain time-locked in Pandaria, like the Mantid, Hozen, Yaungol. Even the Pandaren will probably not get even the slightest bit of spotlight in WoD. And I dunno, if they could take stronger, smarter, and uncorrupted versions with them to join them, they'd probably do so. Would also be an excuse to give a race a flying ability (as in, using wings), which would be the Arakkoa, since the past Arakkoa could fly.

Also, yes. Blizzard will just make up reasons in lore for races to join certain factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a higher chance of harpies than arakkoa. A harpy with a human like body with talon feet and hands with wings along it's arms.

Can't really imagine how arakkoa would look like in armor. Hmmm maybe the WoD arakkoa will look more plausible in armor idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyu will probably remain time-locked in Pandaria, like the Mantid, Hozen, Yaungol. Even the Pandaren will probably not get even the slightest bit of spotlight in WoD. And I dunno, if they could take stronger, smarter, and uncorrupted versions with them to join them, they'd probably do so. Would also be an excuse to give a race a flying ability (as in, using wings), which would be the Arakkoa, since the past Arakkoa could fly.

Also, yes. Blizzard will just make up reasons in lore for races to join certain factions.
    I hope the Jinyu don't become time-locked (maybe the pandaren cause we had a lot of lore about them)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I see a higher chance of harpies than arakkoa. A harpy with a human like body with talon feet and hands with wings along it's arms.

Can't really imagine how arakkoa would look like in armor. Hmmm maybe the WoD arakkoa will look more plausible in armor idk.
    The arakkoa already have armor (remenber that if they get added their model would be remade)

Note: Remenber we have worgen playable, do you remenber how they used to look? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    The arakkoa already have armor (remenber that if they get added their model would be remade)

Note: Remenber we have worgen playable, do you remenber how they used to look? XD
    I was thinking more of how they would look like in plate or rogue armor. Oh god feathers going threw the cloth gear......do not want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    I was thinking more of how they would look like in plate or rogue armor. Oh god feathers going threw the cloth gear......do not want.
    Well someone made a concept about it (fan made)

- - - Updated - - -

Also about your harpie comment.... Ahhh that's impossible, but... I want harpies, i love harpies, i need harpies... HARPIES!!!, ermm... nvm

10+ Year Old Account
    Well someone made a concept about it (fan made)
    Would rather have some playable harpies. Less feathers and can actually fly.