Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So why doesn't Blizzard get it over with and closes the EU forums in it's entirety?

Ever since Cataclysm Blizzard has been in a gradual process of closing EU subforums which more and more falling prey to being closed down so they don't have to bother hosting/moderating them, this is very much in line with naming MVPs and letting those supervise the forums while blue presence has been rapidly dwindling and often they don't even bother to post valuable Blizzard information on the EU forum anymore which they at least did in the past by copy pasting those posts.

So why don't they just tell the EU people that aside from getting their money they don't care about them, would like to have to invest/moderate their servers as little as possible and hosting forums for them is just causing unnecessary costs already? I mean removing the healing/damage/tanking forums from the EU servers while keeping them active on the US is just another big middle finger to us, thank you very much. I guess we're supposed to discuss healing issues in general now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because closing the Whole forum isn't the same as closing 3 subforums? It is only the role forums, really. It is to boil it Down a Little for better use.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because closing the Whole forum isn't the same as closing 3 subforums? It is only the role forums, really. It is to boil it Down a Little for better use.
    exactly take it easy, no reason to get angry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry, bullshit. They're giving an iffy reason to remove subforums which actually have a purpose, subforums they keep in place for the EU forums. It's not even a few forums they've closed over time but about a third of them compared to the US. And that's not even taking into consideration the absence of blue posters on the EU forums in general and other issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    exactly take it easy, no reason to get angry
    No, there's plenty of reasons to be angry. Just because you're fine with being degraded into a second class consumer who pays MORE yet gets less in return doesn't mean everyone is or should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just merge the EU/US forums. Splitting a community like this is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Sorry, bullshit. They're giving an iffy reason to remove subforums which actually have a purpose, subforums they keep in place for the EU forums. It's not even a few forums they've closed over time but about a third of them compared to the US. And that's not even taking into consideration the absence of blue posters on the EU forums in general and other issues.

No, there's plenty of reasons to be angry. Just because you're fine with being degraded into a second class consumer who pays MORE yet gets less in return doesn't mean everyone is or should be.
    A third of the forum, I do not hold much use of the public WoW forum, but if I recall, the needed subforums are already there, the 3 role forums though could just be spread out, as they said, they have some threads with redirecting into the needed forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    They should just merge the EU/US forums. Splitting a community like this is pointless.
    And yes, this would make better sense too, I would have to agree on that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still using the official wow forum for anything useful? I stopped reading them back in vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ever since Cataclysm Blizzard has been in a gradual process of closing EU subforums which more and more falling prey to being closed down so they don't have to bother hosting/moderating them, this is very much in line with naming MVPs and letting those supervise the forums while blue presence has been rapidly dwindling and often they don't even bother to post valuable Blizzard information on the EU forum anymore which they at least did in the past by copy pasting those posts.

So why don't they just tell the EU people that aside from getting their money they don't care about them, would like to have to invest/moderate their servers as little as possible and hosting forums for them is just causing unnecessary costs already? I mean removing the healing/damage/tanking forums from the EU servers while keeping them active on the US is just another big middle finger to us, thank you very much. I guess we're supposed to discuss healing issues in general now?
    because doing that would be a big finger to the entire EU community.
    they prefer doing it somewhat veiled, as they are doing now.

ED.
    my favorite thou was during MoP beta, where they didn't even bother to put up a EU pet battle forum, one of the centerpieces of the new expansion, and nothing.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2014-03-27 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    What pisses me off is the fact that the EU blues aren't good representatives of the company as a whole, what they post boils down to pre-determined guidelines.
    Most of them post nonsense in nonsense threads that nobody cares about.

And when they do post something 'serious' it's a copypaste job from what the developers/US CMs have already said.

Just scrap it entirely and let EU post on the US forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    What pisses me off is the fact that the EU blues aren't good representatives of the company as a whole, what they post boils down to pre-determined guidelines.
    Most of them post nonsense in nonsense threads that nobody cares about.

And when they do post something 'serious' it's a copypaste job from what the developers/US CMs have already said.

Just scrap it entirely and let EU post on the US forums.
    only time they say anything on their own accord is when they defend themselves and the forums, stuff as even though there hasn't been a blue post in here for 3 months, or even a copy paste of the stickies the US forums has, That they do indeed care about us and our input is "read"

Deleted
    Why can't they merge the two? Kind of frustrating as a EU player when trying to give feedback or surgestions when Blizzard doesn't view the EU ones and bans your account for posting on the US ones. Very frustrating as a paying customer.

it's fucking disgusting give that a year or so ago GC said on twitter that devs don't read the class forums instead they look more at the role forums
    now the thing that was said they read gets closed and all discussion put into the ghetto no one at blizz gives a fuck about, might as well just say "we don't care what EU players think, go fuck yourself"

EU forms used to have that one community guy that quite frequently addressed players, I wonder what happened to him
    he kinda got shit on by a lot of players because he didn't think vanilla and BC were the best thing since sliced bread

15+ Year Old Account
    Class role forums are important. Always found useful stuff there easily when looking for information about damaging, healing or tanking. Don't understand why we have to discuss them in general instead.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

All these changes indicate they are heading into maintenance mode it makes me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the role forums are even quieter than the class forums (which are pretty dead); the Raids and Dungeons, and PvP forums have far more traffic and it's probably more useful for those looking for advice to actually look in those forums where there are actually other posters to read and respond, rather than have their posts very likely ignored as happens in the Role forums.

My issue is that there's seldom an EU PTR/Beta forum, and even if there is, it seems to just be there to pay lip service; nothing raised in there actually gets read or fed back meanwhile the Devs are so active and busy in the US ones. In many cases you're better off posting here quite frankly, where it will just as likely still get read by a blue, or if not, a US poster will carry the idea/post over to the US forums for discussion.

Some days when I am feeling down about myself I'll happen to come across a post like this and feel so much better about myself again. People losing their minds and acting like it's some conspiracy over how a video game forum (that nobody cares about or reads) is used. Yes yes OP, Blizz clearly for no reason at all hates the EU, and clearly values American and Asian money over your money. I'm perfectly sure there is zero reason Blizz doesn't pay much attention to the EU boards, it just has to be that they literally hate Europeans and are purposely out to screw you guys over and possibly lose business/money while doing it. OP, you say "they don't even bother to post valuable Blizzard information on the EU forum anymore which they at least did in the past by copy pasting those posts"...in like 9 years of playing I have never went over to the official forums to get "valuable blizzard information"...and if they are copy and pasting posts then hmmmmmm I don't know...perhaps try looking at source page where they always copied from anyway? Seriously, calm the hell down. It's a video game forum that barely anyone uses, Blizz actually doesn't hate you people or is out to get you...I promise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Some days when I am feeling down about myself
    snip
    doesn't hate you people or is out to get you...I promise.
    Shit in, Shit out.
    its not our fault the EU forums are shit.
    after 9 years of neglect people stop giving a shit about them.

Deleted
    I remember they had similar split (EU/US) in Age of Conan forums (2-3 years ago). I suggested merge and their Game Director answered me directly. /flex
    Several months later they got merged. I'm not saying that Funcom = Blizzard, but that its worth talking about these things - they are watching.
    Last edited by mmoc1561bc551c; 2014-03-27 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    This would save more money and also give players in the EU more clout.

You can discuss healing/damage/tanking issues under the relevant class forums. Half the time, threads in them forums were "what is the best DPS", "what should I roll?", "Warlocks are OP", "Paladins are rubbish" threads, and I can't say any of them are constructive or healthy for the community; having questions and feedback posted in class forums not only makes the posts and replies more relevant, but also more informed.

EDIT: Looking through to see if anyone has made a "lose a raid tier" comment since it's pretty much the standard for any Blizzard QQ thread now.

EDIT2: Pahh, no-one has made one, guess I'll have to do it.

OP What would you rather: They close these sub-forums so they no longer have to moderate them OR they continue having to moderate them and you lose a raid tier?!??!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-27 at 04:20 PM.