Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is happening to my damage?

Hi guys, im a little new to warcraft but anyway...

The boss which is called norushen, i dont know why my dps (damage per second, right?) on the recount addon is always so low? Other bosses i can keep it at a certain number but this boss its always low.

Whats the deal with this boss?

Before you go into one of the orbs and kill stuff there, you have an 50 or 75% dmg reduction on the boss depending on your corruption level

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage is reduced against boss, as long as you have corruption..

Damage is still 100% on adds, which is where you must focus, while you have not cleared your corruption...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Before you go into one of the orbs and kill stuff there, you have an 50 or 75% dmg reduction on the boss depending on your corruption level
    Not only this but when you go inside an orb you are out of range for anyone elses dmg meters, so they dont count any dmg you deal in there but instead look like you're not doing anything for 40~ seconds.

When the calculation of dmg done divided in x amounts of minutes fighting is done, it will look like you've done very low dmg for the amount of time spent fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Not only this but when you go inside an orb you are out of range for anyone elses dmg meters, so they dont count any dmg you deal in there but instead look like you're not doing anything for 40~ seconds.
    False..

CombatLog don't have a 'range' anymore.. Haven't had since late WotLK or early Cata..
    As long as you are in the same instance, then everything is logged by everyone..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    False..

CombatLog don't have a 'range' anymore.. Haven't had since late WotLK or early Cata..
    As long as you are in the same instance, then everything is logged by everyone..
    Except if you had done Norushen or a split strat on Dark Shamans once in your life you would know that combat logs from other players won't be accurate for you because of range/phasing.

Deleted
    False..
    False..(well kind of :P)
    Just take a look at random logs for Norushen.
    When you clicked the orb and go to the other room you are not logged by other people for this time.
    This is not a range issue but a phase issue, but still it causes problems with logs.

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherDev
    Also, what would it do if the printed to file combat log saw EVERYTHING. Including things in other phases (like Norushen).
    Working on getting the combat log to do exactly that - couple of issues to sort out but nothing insurmountable. (WatcherDev)

But i guess this is not the issue here because he looks at his own recount and he should have all his actions registered there.

Like everyone else said you do less damage to the boss while you have corruption. Kill them adds!
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2014-04-17 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Except if you had done Norushen or a split strat on Dark Shamans once in your life you would know that combat logs from other players won't be accurate for you because of range/phasing.
    Range doesn't do it, still get bottom group when up the hill and same on Spoils
    Norushen does it because it's a separate phase.

Deleted
    Range does matter... at norushen you are in a different phase, saying range was wrong by me.

But range still also matters as Glurp said, split tactic at dark shamans will make the dmgmeters look funny and i can educate you a bit Yakobro and tell you it will screw with the meters on spoils aswell due to range at parts of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I've done both, plenty of times, and people have the same results in Recount/Skada. The only differences that occur are minor ones, when Recount/Skada miss a line in CombatLog, e.g. due to lag on THAT PLAYER'S machine..

I've done both, plenty of times, and people have the same results in Recount/Skada. The only differences that occur are minor ones, when Recount/Skada miss a line in CombatLog, e.g. due to lag on THAT PLAYER'S machine..
    Ohhh, so that's what it is! The other 24 players in my raid must all lag during Norushen & Spoils every week, which is why the meters show differently.

Ta for clearing that up.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-17 at 02:34 PM.

False..

The combat log has a 100yd range for player events and does not get events from players in other phases. This was even an issue in cataclysm- you couldn't see anyone elses damage on different platforms in Throne of the Four Winds. Nor did you see damage done to mobs in other phases that were not visible in your own (ie. you can see damage done to theralion/valiona, but not the little dragonkin).
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2014-04-17 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Ohhh, so that's what it is! The other 24 players in my raid must all lag during Norushen & Spoils every week, which is why the meters show differently.

Ta for clearing that up.
    Uuuh
    It shouldn't change during spoils...
    Pretty sure the Immerseus room is larger than separate spoils sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Range doesn't do it, still get bottom group when up the hill and same on Spoils
    Norushen does it because it's a separate phase.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&fight=17

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

Same fight, top and bottom PoV. Range definitely messes with logs.

Thanks for clearing it up guys

One more thing, i done my first flex and i notice that immerseus his swirl thing i think its called where he does a wave to everyone hits really hard and it sends me flying up. How do i stop that?

Quote Originally Posted by OCDFreaK View Post
    Hi guys, im a little new to warcraft but anyway...

The boss which is called norushen, i dont know why my dps (damage per second, right?) on the recount addon is always so low? Other bosses i can keep it at a certain number but this boss its always low.

Whats the deal with this boss?
    That fact that you came here to ask when you can just look in the IN GAME Dungeon Journal and spend 5secs reading the entry for Norushen where it explains exactly what is going on with the fight and your damage explains so much about this community and the WoW community. You've been trained not to figure it out just to go to a crappy forum and beg for help. It's really sad.

One more thing, i done my first flex and i notice that immerseus his swirl thing i think its called where he does a wave to everyone hits really hard and it sends me flying up. How do i stop that?
    http://www.icy-veins.com/raids-wow

10+ Year Old Account

I think his swirl doesn't reach the outher area of the ring, so you might want to move back there. Most of the times you see when the swirl is coming so use def. cooldowns or be ready to heal/move into healing range.

If you don't know them already; Fatbosstv guides on youtube are fantastic (Immersius 10 Man Normal)

10+ Year Old Account
    There are times on Spoils when people will be in range, times when they won't, and the phases on Norushen also break combat logs. Me and a warlock push very close to each other, and every time we do Spoils and Norushen, his meter shows him higher and mine shows me higher. You can see this by having recount shown, when you're phased, you'll see your damage climb on recount whilst everyone else's stays static, as you are the only one your meter is tracking.

When he starts the Swirl cast, he faces a certain direction and that's where the Swirl will start. You need to either move clockwise enough that it won't catch up to you while you continue to circle him, or move counterclockwise past where it starts so that it will never reach you before it ends. Just look at where he turns when the cast starts and you can move before it even comes out.