Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ahhh the memories. First heroic mech clear Sun Eater dropped and The Decapitator was so awesome for pulling.

I pretty much agree with the OP.

I get tired of everyone coming in to threads and just saying "oh its nostalgia, it was actually bad". Are people that dumb to think people can't look at something objectively after it's been a while? I still remember my fun times in High School too. Were they not actually fun at the time? Of course they were fun and I just still happen to remember them.

The biggest issues with these threads is that they are all a hardcore vs bads debate. Hardcore players mostly loved TBC, bads hated it and casuals are pretty split from what I've heard. So it all comes down to bads and hardcores fighting with random casual insight.

If the past is rose colored what color is the present. I don't think MoP is good at all. After all this time it's the same with refinements and insultingly easy content. They reserve decent content for optionable stuff like brawlers, CM, raids and the roll challenges (forgot what they're called never did them, not interested).

but the world is useless, really boring. To an extent the isles weren't bad but are again optionable.

The op's point is/was that the content everybody had access to wasn't stupid easy, and didn't become tedious and tiresome. TBC is better and not because the color of the glasses.

MoP sucks imo but is better than cata at least.

Golden light literally shot out of my Character and monitor when Stormherald was finally forged.

I miss TBC professions T_T

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If you don't agree offer a counter. Unless you don't even have one you can make.
    Don't need to offer a counter. Your post is all opinion, and not even original. My opinion is different, and I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Don't need to offer a counter. Your post is all opinion, and not even original. My opinion is different, and I'm right.
    So insightful.

It's okay if you can't form an actual response and opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone remember the big "complaint letter" Nihilum wrote to Blizzard in regards to the bugged state and lousy reward system of the early t4/t5 content? I found it pretty hilarious that i didn't really needed t4 gloves because the aq40/t3 gloves were almost exactly the same. At least as a resto druid.
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2014-04-28 at 03:36 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    How bout you actually tell me how it was terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even read
    Honestly, its so terribly written I'm surprised if anyone can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Subs stopped growing at Wrath launch and LFD didn't come in until like a year or so later IIRC.
    The subs kept growing and peaked around Cata launch. It was from there they went downhill. You don't need to remember correctly, this information is freely available and well documented.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The subs kept growing and peaked around Cata launch. It was from there they went downhill. You don't need to remember correctly, this information is freely available and well documented.
    Subs grew at the start of Wrath, then stopped for the vast majority of Wrath(notable subs at least, there was 100k flux here and there). Subs peaked when China got Wrath at 12.5mil(.5mil over what TBC ended with).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    If the past is rose colored what color is the present. I don't think MoP is good at all. After all this time it's the same with refinements and insultingly easy content. They reserve decent content for optionable stuff like brawlers, CM, raids and the roll challenges (forgot what they're called never did them, not interested).

but the world is useless, really boring. To an extent the isles weren't bad but are again optionable.

The op's point is/was that the content everybody had access to wasn't stupid easy, and didn't become tedious and tiresome. TBC is better and not because the color of the glasses.

MoP sucks imo but is better than cata at least.
    I think when people say that if you went back and played Vanilla/TBC you would actually hate it by comparison with the game today and that you only don't realise this because 'nostalgia goggles', I suspect they have this idea because of Quality of Life improvements rather than the quality of the content or the overall game experience. Personally I'd happily trade things like more flight paths or being able to join a BG anyway for content that I actually want to play and gameplay mechanics that aren't designed for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Paladins were one of the most wanted people in groups, great utility even with the blessings aside.
    Prot pally was basically unheard of in comparison to how strong warriors and ferals were.

Holy had shit for any sort of effective healing that wasn't drilling straight into the tank. They were decent until that one mana regen passive got nerfed.

Ret was absolutely horrendous before the major OP buffs they got like a month before wrath hit.

And I mained a paladin back then ;(

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Prot pally was basically unheard of in comparison to how strong warriors and ferals were.

Holy had shit for any sort of effective healing that wasn't drilling straight into the tank. They were decent until that one mana regen passive got nerfed.

Ret was absolutely horrendous before the major OP buffs they got like a month before wrath hit.

And I mained a paladin back then ;(
    I played with a Paladin in every raid tier and through most heroics before raiding, they were highly desired because of their overwhelmingly large advantage on AOE tanking, not to mention buffs. Our main healers were Paladin tanks, and our ret paladin was competing at the top of the damage meters on some fights. We finished TBC at Muru in Sunwell before the Wrath patch nerf came in.

Prot pally being basically unheard of, you might aswel say "i kept my eyes shut for the whole expansion".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I played with a Paladin in every raid tier and through most heroics before raiding, they were highly desired because of their overwhelmingly large advantage on AOE tanking, not to mention buffs. Our main healers were Paladin tanks, and our ret paladin was competing at the top of the damage meters on some fights. We finished TBC at Muru in Sunwell before the Wrath patch nerf came in.

Prot pally being basically unheard of, you might aswel say "i kept my eyes shut for the whole expansion".
    I can't remember them being desirable outside of hyjal trash, which was hardly the epitome of raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I can't remember them being desirable outside of hyjal trash, which was hardly the epitome of raiding.
    We used a prot paladin for everything AoE related. SSC/TK and Hyjal. Tidewalker murlocs etc.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    We used a prot paladin for everything AoE related. SSC/TK and Hyjal. Tidewalker murlocs etc.
    Did you recruit one for that content though? Or just use him because he was there. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Weapons on Kael'thas, Shattered Halls Heroic, Illidan fire elementals, Paladins had specific advantages in certain situations. Mt Hyjal was the epitome of raiding pre-sunwell (sunwell being an unplanned bonus/filler raid). Tier 6 consisted of 2 raids, Black Temple and Mt'Hyjal... How is the final tier (where only a tiny % of players saw) not the epitome of TBC raiding?

Paladins were extremely popular tanks and widely used at all levels of raiding and had an advantage over other tanks in heroic 5mans and any situation of AOE tanking, we didn't use one as a main tank in Sunwell (Feral and Prot Warrior) though, but other guilds did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Agreed OP.

TBC was the perfect mix off vanilla, and a more modern WoW. WOTLK also did some parts right, but TBC was spot on. Balance was also getting better, and it made me play my druid as feral from day 1# off TBC, and never switched back to anything but restro for fun etc.
    I never understood why people say "Restro." "Restroration" is not a word.

More than anything the community was different. They were willing to put up with harder content, and didn't jump on the tank or healers the second something went wrong. You did what you had to to get your group through a heroic because you had to. You couldn't just re-queue. So you made friends. When you finished a run and it went well you did another, or added them to your friend list to look up next time you were looking to run something. The queue system made it much much more convenient to see all the content, but the social interaction and community really took a hit. You might as well be running a dungeon or raid with a bunch of NPC's now.

People say they want what we had in BC, but they don't. We've become much to used to the convenience of the queuing system. The ones who really do are in the minority, so any attempt at recreating it would fail horribly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you recruit one for that content though? Or just use him because he was there. Big difference.
    Yes , my guild didn't really wanted a prot paladin but i got an old friend from my old guild (early classic) to apply to the guild , they took him , tested how it was with a prot paladin and loved it. He later changed to ret/holy , mostly ret in SW. The funny thing was that he just had leveled that paladin a few weeks before because his guild lacked tanks and healers and he wanted to do those parts himself , his old main being a rogue.
    Druid since Feb. 06