Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The attack of theramore was completely legitimate, and given how every other war has gone - I don't see the huge deal with a mana bomb in the context of WoW. It's not like fel corruption.
    Actually, according to the books and game, the mana bomb is worse than fel corruption. Fel corruption affects the natural state of the area it affects. The manabomb affects the planar, temporal, magical, -and- natural state of the area. In theory, if they created a patch that opened up Warlord of Draenor's alternate-reality version of Azeroth, there's a giant crater that just randomly appeared one day in Dustwallow Marsh that no one there knows how it happened.

The mana bomb erased all life and magic from all alternate history versions of Theramore that have or ever will exist. That's why the bronze dragonflight (aside from the obvious 'losing our aspect powers') couldn't prevent Theramore's destruction even if they were allowed to by their own laws. It's destroyed in every timeline from that single bomb. Nowhere to go to salvage anything to bring back. Even in timelines where Theramore was never founded.

I don't see how it affecting other timelines matters, but I've never had any respect for shitty time-travel mechanics. It isn't corruption, or cancering the region - it's an immediate death for almost all involved with issue after the fact comparatively.

It's comparable to a very strong standard bomb/missile. I don't see why anyone should care about other timelines, because we never do with everything else we do in the game (and basically we are selfishly supporting only one timeline through the bronze dragonflight and letting all the others go to waste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I often seem to come across people who express the sentiment in the title, and I've always found it pretty obnoxious. Aside from personal taste, when people try to explain why the Horde is better than the Alliance it often just seems to come down to "The Alliance/Humans are racist". Seriously?

The Humans arguably have fair reason for not trusting the Orcs given that they were responsible for two massive wars against the humans whilst possesed by demons (I'll admit im not a lore expert), and aside from that the Horde allows straight up evil people and factions to be members. The Bilgewater Goblins are led by a guy who sold his own people into slavery, the Forsaken and Sylvannas seem to betray or screw over both the Alliance and other members of the Horde regularly, the Blood Elves are all insane magic addicts, blowing up Theramore for no reason, so on and so forth. And lets not forget we just had an entire expansion where the Horde's new Warchief almost unleashed an ancient evil on the world and did all sorts of evil stuff, yet we're not meant to blame the Horde as a whole because it was apparently all entirely Garrosh's fault.

Maybe I've got some stuff wrong, if so tell me, but I can't really see why we get Horde players who act like the Horde are the poor downtrodden underdogs who keep getting oppressed by the mean Alliance.
    Aside from most of your points being a shot at blank, I will chose not to start this age-old argument. Because it gets us nowhere.
    It is the nature of Warcraft that frankly, both factions are bad and you choose your prefered one because of whatever reason you seem to like the most. But even that is not what I really wanted to say. Evil is a point of view, not an absolute truth you seem to believe. If you read Tolkien, then what he says is evil is evil, in Warcraft, everything is murky grey. I could and probably should count all the wrongs Alliance did to majority of the Horde races, but again, as I said before, this would get us nowhere. Because neither you, nor I are willing or even able to accept that both sides are right, and at the same time both sides are wrong.

Thus I will continue with thinking I am in the right, while you can be wrong for all I care. Because who am I to try and shed a light into that dark cave (metaphore, I don't really think you live in one, or that your mind resembles it)? It would be arrogant of me to presume that just because I think differently than you do, that I need to tell you, you are wrong. You can continue living in your own error without me trying to show you how wrong you are. And thus we shall achieve harmony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Alliance are overly entitled because they got their arses handed to them in cata and can't accept it.
    Wasn't that the same expansion where the once powerful warchief turned into green Jesus? Kinda sad too. Thrall used to be THE MAN. Now. meh

So sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a man can't retire with the wife and kids? I'm sure fighting for so long takes a toll. I don't blame thrall for taking a break.

Ps garrosh did nothing wrong
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    What a man can't retire with the wife and kids? I'm sure fighting for so long takes a toll. I don't blame thrall for taking a break.

Ps garrosh did nothing wrong
    Genocide
    Murder
    Forcible transfer of population
    Enforced disappearance of individuals
    Enslavement
    The abduction of children
    Torture
    The killing of prisoners
    Forced pregnancy
    The wanton destruction of cities, towns, and villages not justified by military or civilian necessity

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/03/10/world-of-warcraft-war-crimes-teaser-released

Yeah... completely innocent

Genocide - he was against and killed his underling who did it. Later in the war he was more desperate, but that is war.
    Murder - Vol'jin was a traitor, ofcourse you kill traitors.
    Forcible transport of population - could you be more specific? regardless it's a full blown war. Don't see the issue
    Enslavement - of who?
    abduction of children - ya pretty bad, got anything else?
    torture - of enemies in war, of which the alliance has many war criminals and torture is common place in warcraft
    killing of prisoners - so what? war.
    Forced pregnancy - of who?
    wanton destruction- WAR, define not justified. The most destruction he did that I see was theramore - 100% a military target where innocents were already evacuated
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Most wow players that have tats are whorde players, it's just a game. May be fun now but in 5 years everyone will move on and play a new game. How will they feel when they are 40 and still have that big ugly horde crest on their back. How do you explain that? They probably will save face and tell everyone it's a neo Nazi thing so they aren't embarrassed.

Deleted
    I think it's more about people, than about faction they choose.
    I was horde for few years, and lately changed server and faction for sn ally. I can tell that here and there you can see alot of whines on eachothers, horde is going hard on alliance, allys are not that far away in yeeling at horde. Yeah sure, i get that this is about feeling one with your faction and going against the other one, this is how this game is made. I just can't stand people that are very, very rude and aggresive. Makes me think about them that they must be very, very frustrated in thheir lifes.

horde are mega nerds who play way 2 much.. and alliance are younger and play for fun

Quote Originally Posted by NidixImage View Post
    Makes me think about them that they must be very, very frustrated in thheir lifes.
    Bingo, people who give two craps about this probably are the type of people who don't have much going on in their lives. Like I said befor wow is just a game and a very shallow one at that. Some of you kiddies should join the marine corps and put some meaning in your lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Genocide
    Murder
    Forcible transfer of population
    Enforced disappearance of individuals
    Enslavement
    The abduction of children
    Torture
    The killing of prisoners
    Forced pregnancy
    The wanton destruction of cities, towns, and villages not justified by military or civilian necessity

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/03/10/world-of-warcraft-war-crimes-teaser-released

Yeah... completely innocent
    . All for the advancement of the horde. I can't fault him for wanting conquest. I kinda envy we couldn't take part. SoO was such a nice show of power would of been neat to see it carve the world. But a las because "good guys"

From what I read in warcrimes both alliance and horde are capable of scumbaggery. Gg sylvans's sister.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-05-24 at 06:47 PM.
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kootur View Post
    Bingo, people who give two craps about this probably are the type of people who don't have much going on in their lives. Like I said befor wow is just a game and a very shallow one at that. Some of you kiddies should join the marine corps and put some meaning in your lives.
    It is a game, i agree. Then again, you play with/againt real people, people who have feelings. I personally dont care about some random shit going on for example on lfr's, but if someone says fuck you just like that, or becouse maybe i made a mistake i feel bad about it. I would really like to see those guys in real life, walking
    around and \fucking\ everyone. I bet they woudnt even dare to be so mean to people face to face. After all, being nice costs nothing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played both sides over the course of several expansions, and I still dislike the hoity-toity attitude of the alliance (particularly humans and night elves). I used to like the horde because they felt like the underdog, always beaten up and pushed around but held to their honor and kept moving on. With cata, most of that changed and their honor started falling apart. I still don't like the whole attitude of the human alliance (barring dwarves, cause they're just great), but not so much liking the way the horde is at the moment.

As for gameplay purposes, I dislike the similarities most races on alliance have to humans, not much by way of variety. I do not like the short races, because of camera angle issues as well as the puddle-swimming issue of gnomes. I dislike the female worgen, and while the male looks cool, I can't stand the flailing arm casting animation (and the fact that they only wear legwarmers). I also don't like hooves because of the legwarmer issue (and I don't touch tauren except for druids for this reason).

But about this "Fuck the Alliance" attitude. I actually shared this sentiment when I had just started (because I was on a PvP server, so there was a lot of camping and all around douchbaggery, so I guess it wasn't a big lore reason, just a player mentality reason). I grew out of it after playing a human warrior for a lot of TBC.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Kootur View Post

What about being a marine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    When you lack a cogent argument and evidence to support the claim, politics 101 says "play the race card".

And when the Alliance kills a few scumbags in defense it's a big flippin deal. I'm all for the Alliance exterminating the Horde in a similar fashion, and actually succeeding, destroying their cities, homes, slaughtering random horde races and leaving their carcasses around zones to really make Horde players angry . Then the Horde can be the underdogs they so desire, the Alliance can be all those evil mean things the Horde players think they are, but alas they're the "good guys" instead of the opposing force. Alliance players get all that imagery in our zones, but told it's not how the Horde "really is", it's just Garrosh, and how we can't do anything as a show of force cause of little bitches like Anduin.
    I dont recall horde making a stink when people on our side get killed. i would employ you to do just that, Id love to see some vicious alliance offensive against horde. All I can say is....Its simple we kill the Anduin.
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I am crying a river with an unproven life story
    cry more....
    Second, you are so blinded by your Horde fanaticism that you fail to see any truth but what you make up. The only one with flawed logic in that post is is you. Comparing Garrosh to Hitler is a legitimate comparison if you understand anything at all about history.
    Do you really see to fail that one is a game and one is reality? you dont seem to able to understand the difference between them do you?
    You claim the Alliance is 'not so good' and then point out that the humans imprisoned Orcs. The same demon corrupted orcs who invaded from another planet via a magic portal for the express purpose of conquering and killing all the existing races on Azeroth.
    If you wanna argue with LORE please go and read some - by the time your "good" humans imprisoned the orcs the curse of the demonic blood was already done and over.
    The humans granted them a kindness rather than to stoop to the bloodthirsty orcs level and slaughtering all of them.
    You wanna have a talk with Thrall and alike how kind orcs where treated - not!
    The post you responded to is correct. There is nothing redeeming about any Horde race save the Tauren (who are just too honorable for the their own good).
    you seriously have a problem with lore here....
    Orcs are bloodthirsty invaders from another place who do not belong on Azeroth.
    WoD will at least show you the flaw in this argument when you dont care to read lore at all....
    Trolls are vicious savages who think its ok to eat other sentient beings.
    Same goes for humans as to read in shadows of the horde....
    Undead need not be explained. If you cant see why they are evil you are more damaged that I thought and should get some serious professional help.
    they go killed by Arthas and his bunch and raise of undead state by him and thus are automatically bad
    I swear. Horde players are as fanatical as those same misguided souls who thinks its ok to blow themselves and everyone around them up for some virgins in heaven.
    yeah right you need seiously some help
    Lastly, the irony is so strong in your post. You tell the poster to sit back, take a breath and remember its a game. And yet, you open with profanity at the other side... who needs to not take it so seriously again?
    you also have a serious problem with irony dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Both sides have had a lot to be unhappy about the last 2 expansions but Alliance have been a LOT more vocal on this forum.
    fixed that

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Wait, people still play one faction exclusively?!
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Yeah fictional factions in a fictional game calling each other names are really something that should upset you in reality. That's sounds logical.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I have not read the latest book war crimes
    please dont try to argue with lore if you havent read the lore. tia

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I'm all for the Alliance exterminating the Horde in a similar fashion, and actually succeeding, destroying their cities, homes, slaughtering random horde races and leaving their carcasses around zones to really make Horde players angry . Then the Horde can be the underdogs they so desire, the Alliance can be all those evil mean things the Horde players think they are, but alas they're the "good guys" instead of the opposing force.
    right - tell that the forsaken and see how the love the alliance

PS: Fuck the alliance and Horde4Life! ^^
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2014-05-24 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

please dont try to argue with lore if you havent read the lore. tia
    I kept up with the spoiler thread - most of the crimes held against garrosh WERE NOT COMMITTED BY GARROSH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Alliance are overly entitled because they got their arses handed to them in cata and can't accept it.
    Overly entitled? Where did you get that from?
    I do notice the faction hate is way stronger within the Horde. Faction pride is fine, but spouting nonsense, being childish and using hyperboles isn't very becoming.
    They used to say that Alliance has all the kids, but after all the comments from Horde players, I'd say it's the other way around.

I play both, and I say f the players, not the faction