Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Former blizz employee Q/A

http://www.topiama.com/r/1332/i-am-a...t-employee-who

This is a nice article. Answears pretty much all question you are afraid to ask blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard that Titan can kill WoW by any chance, but makes me wonder how it is.
    Only thing that will make me quit, if they have all races like WoW has, but really realistic :O

But different direction of blizzard means all the fun games they created so far will not be apart of it,
    so what are they gonna use? Tanks? o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    A really interesting read. I work in QA for a small dev team so everything here is very close. Its interesting to get a look at the larger Dev/QA set up. I'm not surprised to see that Dev's don't listen to QA feedback seriously O_o

Thanks for this post, its awesome !

15+ Year Old Account
    "QA didn't really have any say in what went into the game, or what was really fucking stupid and shouldn't be in there at all, but we did have a suggestion forum internally where we could post our ideas to the devs. The problem was that most of the devs were very full of themselves and believed that we didn't know any better, and we were just there to test the games, and apparently couldn't even do that right in their eyes, so most of our suggestions were laughed off."

Sounds an awful lot like how they treat the playerbase, too. And they wonder why there's posts about how to refund your pre-order of Warlords of Timeless Isle Continent.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

This has been posted before a few years ago and denied by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great article, thanks!

Lol that got deleted so fast from the official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Lol that got deleted so fast from the official forums.
    i know i posted it on the wow forums and i got to check on replies its no longer there. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good read, very informative and it felt genuine. I think most people are expecting an "OMG Blizz sucked to work for and ask me your questions!!!" kind of thing but this felt more like a genuine post employment interview.
    My Partner does vegan food art @Monaco's Kitchen:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Monacos-Kit...age_fan_invite
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monacoskitchen/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    http://www.topiama.com/r/1332/i-am-a...t-employee-who

This is a nice article. Answears pretty much all question you are afraid to ask blizzard.
    Seriously...

1: There are no proofs AT ALL, that the guy was ever inside Blizzard's building, letalone working there.
    2: Every answer is common knowledge, nothing anyone could ever verify, or totally ambigious..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    2: Every answer is common knowledge, nothing anyone could ever verify, or totally ambigious..
    It wasn't common knowledge to me, and there is proof at the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know i posted it on the wow forums and i got to check on replies its no longer there. lol
    I'm sure that has nothing to do with this being over a year old. Or that it was posted multiple time back when it actually happened.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    It wasn't common knowledge to me, and there is proof at the top.
    When it was first appeared on Reddit over a year ago, Ghostcrawler said, at least the bits about him, were fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    When it was first appeared on Reddit over a year ago, Ghostcrawler said, at least the bits about him, were fake.
    How can someone's impression of you be fake?

According to Ghostcrawler "... and one day Ghostcrawler was scheduled to shadow a guy on my team. He basically spent the entire time on his phone texting, checking emails, or just leaving for long periods of time to make phone calls." never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    well of course blizz claimed it was fake. lots of negativeness towards blizzard. also there is proof at the top of article. AND if anyone cares i was banned from forums for posting this lol .just kinda of shows you blizzard isn't being very truthful.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC's review in this interview wasn't exactly positive so I don't blame him for saying it was fake but that doesn't make him right, nor does it make the one interviewed. When I read the part about GC all I read was a man who was busy with more important things than evaluating lower tiered personnel which to be honest is to be expected. Ghostcrawler probably had more important things to worry about as a whole than evaluating a new employee which I would expect someone in his position to have.

Edit: I'm just saying even if the part about Ghostcrawler was true, I don't blame him the dude probably had far more important shit on his plate.
    Last edited by Yimereh; 2014-06-19 at 08:20 PM.
    My Partner does vegan food art @Monaco's Kitchen:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Monacos-Kit...age_fan_invite
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monacoskitchen/

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you take this is truth, keep in mind that you must also take this quote as truth: "Activision has no direct role in any of the decision making done at Blizzard." - Which undermines most of the anti-Blizz conspiracy theories on the forums.

Well if you fabricated the entire experience, your impression of the persons involved would be fake.

well of course blizz claimed it was fake. lots of negativeness towards blizzard. also there is proof at the top of article. AND if anyone cares i was banned from forums for posting this lol .just kinda of shows you blizzard isn't being very truthful.
    There isn't proof at the top though, and it's not an article it's a transcript of an AMA. I click the link to the proof and I get a 404. You assume that you got banned because Blizzard is trying to hide the truth, but you don't think they'd ban you for posting slanderous lies also? Not that I think that the person doing the AMA was lying about working for Blizzard, but we don't know that person's motivations. Also I'm playing devil's advocate here to show you that your position of "They banned me so they're guilty and lying." is illogical.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2014-06-19 at 08:18 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

There is absolutely nothing said in that interview that is not typical of any large company and certianly nothing that would come as any surprise to those who have read any of Blizzard's employee reviews on glassdoor. Maybe you were banned because it has been posted many times before?