Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    changes there mind huh? ya gl with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftysarge View Post
    changes there mind huh? ya gl with that
    Think what you want to think.

As to the topic itself, Blizzard maintains they aren't bringing it to consoles, and they're not. Any critical thinking about it would show that WoW, as it exists today, isn't ready for such a move. They'd need a very different game to move it.

Does a computer for wow really have to communicate with all others players? I thought it was everyone else <-> server; you <-> server.

Also, the ps4 controller has a touch pad which could serve as a mouse replacement. (not sure about xbone)
    There's only one sane solution: blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM#t=1m03s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    Does a computer for wow really have to communicate with all others players? I thought it was everyone else <-> server; you <-> server.

Also, the ps4 controller has a touch pad which could serve as a mouse replacement. (not sure about xbone)
    I'm not the most familiar with it but I believe the people in close proximity are indeed communicating with your computer through the server.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PGGR View Post
    I don't see how a typical console controller could handle it.

---edit---

I stand corrected. Apparently this thing can brew its own coffee too.
    Actually if you want to know the truth of the matter, for funzies, I've successfully tanked a raid using this:

Still though, WoW for consoles is very unlikely.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    It would simply not be the same game, and I would be disgusted if that was the reason why. The main goal should be to improve the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Never going to happen, not in a million years.

They probably won't do it, mostly because it isn't worth the time and effort. They'd have to battle FFXIV, which already has (In my opinion) an amazing layout for controller usage. Probably the best so far when it comes to traditional MMORPG abilities. Even though the game can be translated over just fine like FFXIV does, I'm sure Blizzard would rather tailor the game to fit better on console alone. Such as their own movement system, their own mechanics, camera system, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm not the most familiar with it but I believe the people in close proximity are indeed communicating with your computer through the server.
    Of course they are. For one trivial thing that's why you see events like people leveling professions in your chat window if you have that turned on. There are a ton of player actions communicated to your client if you're close enough. Is that useful? Not to me but it might be for someone else. That's excluding all of the normal communication functions including /say and /yell.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Of course they are. For one trivial thing that's why you see events like people leveling professions in your chat window if you have that turned on. There are a ton of player actions communicated to your client if you're close enough. Is that useful? Not to me but it might be for someone else. That's excluding all of the normal communication functions including /say and /yell.
    Well I wasn't even thinking of that, but of course they'd have to. Just for combat events it would be necessary. That's why the first thing to investigate for FPS issues is that you've turned off data collection in Recount or Skada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it is prohibitively expensive... They have no reason not to... A few tens of millions of dollars, a small team, and a year or two to open up a potential streams of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of new license purchases/subscribers...

If it ever happened it not like the game won't do well... FF14 released in late April/early May or something like that and sold like 250,000 copies on PS3/PS4 its first week... And 960,000 (as reported by retail outlets) to date (a figure that doesn't include PSN purchases, which are probably fairly high)...

If WoW launched on consoles it would do AT LEAST as well, if not far surpass those numbers... A million new license purchases and a million new subscribers EVERY MONTH is quite a few... And those numbers were only on PS3/PS4... If Blizzard worked out a deal with Microsoft to avoid live usage (or whatever the issue Steam had with them) there is potentially double the market available.

FFXIV, as an MMO, doesn't have a lot of name recognition... You ask a console player about FFXI, they probably never even heard of it... You ask any of them of any age to name an MMO though, I bet they would say World of Warcraft.

It's not the mechanics that make me doubt WoW would come to consoles. Mechanics can be adapted and changed via programing and simplification (see D3... though D3 was designed as a console-intended game IMO).

What makes me doubt a WoW Console version is simply the graphics. Those graphics cannot compete with even Diablo 3 on the Consoles... nevermind the new next-gen stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Nope. World of Warcraft will never see consoles as we know it, it would have to change a lot and it's not worth it anyways. Just the social part of the game, involving forums, etc... It simply isn't practical, that's about it
    Consoles have browser's now and all you need to do is allow keyboards and mouses to be used. I just don't want the call of duty community to flood wow. I mean holy shit that would suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Actually if you want to know the truth of the matter, for funzies, I've successfully tanked a raid using this:

Still though, WoW for consoles is very unlikely.
    That is a raid try pvp with that thing. If you get past 1750 I will bow down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's not the mechanics that make me doubt WoW would come to consoles. Mechanics can be adapted and changed via programing and simplification (see D3... though D3 was designed as a console-intended game IMO).

What makes me doubt a WoW Console version is simply the graphics. Those graphics cannot compete with even Diablo 3 on the Consoles... nevermind the new next-gen stuff.
    Wow compete's with game that have better graphics already. If wow is fun enough it will work. If games were all about graphics their wouldn't be any indie developer's. An example would be minecraft.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-07-10 at 11:04 PM.

#1 reason for WoW never going to console: DEM HOTKEY BARS!!!

Seriously, even with ability pruning, there's enough abilities to map three or four abilities for EACH button on a controller...

Theyve already tweeted that the listing on newegg was a mistake and they have no intention of bringing the game to consoles.

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Consoles have browser's now and all you need to do is allow keyboards and mouses to be used. I just don't want the call of duty community to flood wow. I mean holy shit that would suck.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a raid try pvp with that thing. If you get past 1750 I will bow down.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow compete's with game that have better graphics already. If wow is fun enough it will work. If games were all about graphics their wouldn't be any indie developer's. An example would be minecraft.
    I refuse to play minecraft because i dont want to play an 8bit game on my high end machine. If i want to play 8bit, ill fire up my roms on my nvidia shield or id get an original nintendo
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Theyve already tweeted that the listing on newegg was a mistake and they have no intention of bringing the game to consoles.

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

I refuse to play minecraft because i dont want to play an 8bit game on my high end machine. If i want to play 8bit, ill fire up my roms on my nvidia shield or id get an original nintendo
    kewl but 41,791,636 players think otherwise.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'd quit.

i don't want some facial recognition, big brother spying/listening/watching device in my home. and all the new consoles have this functionality.

A theoretical number of keybinds on a controller though does not make it feasible or realistic to players to actually play it like that.
    Because YOU or someone else you cherry pick as an example can does not mean that you or they are representative of a playerbase.
    It would be like me saying everyone should be doing the 100m sprint under 10 seconds because Usain Bolt can.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    i'd quit.

i don't want some facial recognition, big brother spying/listening/watching device in my home. and all the new consoles have this functionality.
    What.. Nothing is stopping you from playing it on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    kewl but 41,791,636 players think otherwise.
    And this 1 player doesnt care what those 41,791,636 players think.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel