Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Becomes of the Remaining Horde/Alliance Pandaren?

An article from AiPT today raises a good question: What is going to happen/should happen with the remaining Pandaren?

In SoO, Aysa saves Ji and they vow to try to return to the Wandering Isle. But what happens with the rest of the Pandaren still in the Horde/Alliance? What is their motivation to stay, and why do Varian/Vol'jin keep them in their ranks? They have no need for any Pandaria advantages anymore as both are turning their attentions to Draenor.
    Last edited by bionics; 2014-07-22 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Because Blizzard made the race playable and gave the option to both factions. And because gameplay > lore.
    That's all the reason the game needs (and is going to get).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Because Blizzard made the race playable and gave the option to both factions. And because gameplay > lore.
    That's not something the lead singer of Metallica should accept as an answer... and quite frankly, we shouldn't either.

Be nice if they could throw us a tiny bone. Sate our curious, lore-loving minds.

Remember, the Wandering Isle Pandaren in the Horde and Alliance are there because they were encouraged to pick a side and roam. They also pledged their support and allegiance to their faction.

They will continue to be a part of it because not only is it better for gameplay but because for them, above all other playable races in those factions, they chose to align themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the whole thing with the Wandering Isle was it was impossible to find again once you leave?

Why would Varian or Vol'jin kick them out? Soldiers are Soldiers. As long as they remain loyal, there is no reason to remove them. Why would they stay with the Alliance or Horde? Well, part of the reason for leaving was to see and explore the world outside of the Isle so I would guess they wouldn't really want to go back. I guess they could split off on their own, but they are safer with allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    While I appreciate pragmatism as much as the next guy, the question is obviously a lore-based one. So I doubt Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger's explanations are "Lo, and the Blizzard developers gave the factions pandas, and so they shall stay."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    An article from AiPT today raises a good question: What is going to happen/should happen with the remaining Pandaren?

In SoO, Aysa saves Ji and they vow to try to return to the Wandering Isle. But what happens with the rest of the Pandaren still in the Horde/Alliance? What is their motivation to stay, and why do Varian/Vol'jin keep them in their ranks? They have no need for any Pandaria advantages anymore as both are turning their attentions to Draenor.
    SOO doesn't specifically state that Aysa and Ji return to the Wandering Isle. She just says that to him as part of a plea for him to live. After SOO is over, and there is peace between the Alliance and Horde again, they could conceivably stay there without being in the situation they were when Garrosh was in charge.

Deleted
    Be nice if they could throw us a tiny bone. Sate our curious, lore-loving minds.
    It sure would. But the "gameplay first" is in their corporate mission statement
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html

Also confirmed by GC: https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...50714209394688

The story is just secondary for them.

And to quote myself. Sad but True.

Every player Pandaren decides to stay and adventure further with their faction.
    Like Death Knights?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Most of the horde/ally panda soldiers are prolly gonna just chill in pandaria

and besides there wasnt that many of them to begin with plus the ones that count are the ones we play and we are adventurers

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Let's hope they will vanish from our memory so we can pretend they never even been there.

Deleted
    they'll never be mentioned again hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Why would Varian or Vol'jin kick them out? Soldiers are Soldiers. As long as they remain loyal, there is no reason to remove them. Why would they stay with the Alliance or Horde? Well, part of the reason for leaving was to see and explore the world outside of the Isle so I would guess they wouldn't really want to go back. I guess they could split off on their own, but they are safer with allies.
    pretty much this. further expanding on this given that by now they have probably made friends and joined the various organization and groups within the horde and alliance(aka guilds)why drop out of a situation just because the colors you are backing are pulling out of a country that was never technically yours in the first place. got to remember the wandering isle pandaren had only slightly more proof of pandarias existence than the rest of the world.

They're mostly player characters, so the onus is on you as players to explain why you're still there.

Enjoy a rare moment of freedom - they usually make those sorts of decisions for you!

The 'player character' Pandaren have helped Vol'jin fight Garrosh and establish a new line of command in the Horde, so Pandaren are well established in the horde ranks, if you take by account you are the "original pandaren who leaves the Wandering Isle with Ji and Aysa", the player lore pretty much is there. When you go to Draenor you're regarded as Commander, get your own garrison and Vol'jin even sends Saurfang to be your advisor ! How prestigious is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    They're mostly player characters, so the onus is on you as players to explain why you're still there.

Enjoy a rare moment of freedom - they usually make those sorts of decisions for you!
    Good point, and kind of cool IMO. I like the fact that my Pandaren gets a free pass to remain with the Horde (especially after helping to take back Orgrimmar) and can have any number of personal reasons for taking them up on the offer.

Yeah, Horde and Alliance should just dispatch all the Pandaren who have helped them during Throne of Thunder events and Siege of Orgrimmar, you know, as Draenor doesn't concern the continent they live on.

See how that makes no sense?

Deleted
    In SoO, Aysa saves Ji and they vow to try to return to the Wandering Isle.
    I'm not sure Ji gets much say in the matter, but the other Pandaren don't have to follow those two around like puppies.

Deleted
    Gameplay might be more important than lore, but it doesn't take much effort to incorporate the two. If they'd actually done anything with the faction Pandaren they could have shown them getting increasingly embroiled in the faction war, developing a rivalry with one another. When Garrosh is defeated the two groups reconcile to a degree, but the wounds are still fresh. The Tushui empathise with the grievances of the Alliance, The Huojin with the grievances of the Horde and that stops them leaving or coming to a peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post

Are you sure? Because my Pandaren is extremely sexually liberated.