Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question How are you making Gold right now?

Out of curiosity how are people making gold nowadays? It's been almost 2 years since MoP came out which makes me think maybe the market kind of sucks this late in an xpac? (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to start stockpiling gold for WoD but don't know what sells good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really bother to sell anything. I just clear Naxx 25 and ToC 25 each week along with doing dailies on a few toons. If you do most of the MoP dailies (GL, SP, IoT), you can rack up 1.5k or so a day on each character + whatever you get from Naxx & Toc (usually 1.5 - 2k)

Selling gold challenge mode carries. Each of us makes 20k per run, takes just under two hours. I call that pretty decent.

I spend 30-60 min/day maintaining about 1300 auctions, most of them 500g+ resale items (transmog, recipes, 409-450 blues, etc.). I scrape the AH 1-2x/day looking for things to buy.

5k/day profit at the moment. Average long-term income per day from AH 9k (since the last time I reset my TSM stats); how much of that I keep depends on how many Haunted Mementos I stockpile (I have 14 at the moment), et cetera.

10k a week off of just pure PvPing: Do carries while you cap, turn those honor and conquest points into Spirits of Harmony, transmute a ton of living steel, sell on AH, go on spending spree that weekend. Rinse & repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me add too that none of my characters are even close to geared enough to carry people through CMs or PvP. Highest iLvl is 520.

Are you vendoring everything from naxx/toc? why toc btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    Buy TCG stuff, sell it on the AH. Zero effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I'm not. I have something like 7k on my main. I guess I just don't care enough about gold to actively go out and try to make a lot. I mostly log in, raid, then log out. In my downtime I might fly around and mine or do some dailies but that's only when I feel like it, which is rarely.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm selling enchantments. Sometimes glyphs, flasks and potions, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making a fortune on clearing out my hoarded stuff. (weapons, armors, rare stuff)

Earning even more selling overpriced stuff to twinks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Buy TCG stuff, sell it on the AH. Zero effort.
    What exactly do you buy out of interest?

For me, I recently decided to clear out two banker alt's (with GB) and put it all on the AH. Made I suppose around 30k with no effort. I only have 4 90's so that will keep me going through WoD, taking into consideration the gold you'll make through levelling.

Wow...these numbers are down to Azeroth. I was expecting 80k/day average. On topic, I do not farm gold unless I need it. Selling engineering mounts from time to time keeps my pockets filled tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Wow...these numbers are down to Azeroth. I was expecting 80k/day average. On topic, I do not farm gold unless I need it. Selling engineering mounts from time to time keeps my pockets filled tho.
    You do realize that 9 out of 10 WoW players never had more than 10k in their pockets at any given time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannas View Post
    What exactly do you buy out of interest?
    Mostly pets. Some of them were mass-duped lately and dropped in price, but others still sell for an acceptable amount. Highly depends on your server of course.
    Stuff like Spectral Tigers are another option, but a lot more risky due to the much higher investment (Still several hundert $ on eBay).
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-07-28 at 09:51 PM.

I sell my special Draenei female services.

Deleted
    I sell dancing steels, the 502 ilvl weapons and belt/legs, sky golems and alot of stuff farmed from potion of luck. Am currently on 514k gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to sell /hugs but competition always starts giving them out for free.

I solo Naxx 25, ToC 25, and ICC 10 on my three capped characters, and sell the epics and greens. After that I clear the trash out of Pit of Saron, in hopes that the Battered Hilt will drop from one of the mobs so I can sell it. I also hoard my Frostweave until my bags are literally stuffed with it, and then sell all 60-70 stacks for 1.5-2k in trade chat.

I also hoard Justice Points, then buy Primordial Saronite from the vendors in ICC. At 140 gold per stack, and how easy it is to get, Primordial Saronite is a pretty useful source of gold, especially if you're at the point where Justice Points don't mean much anymore.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

From time to time I level dks to 85 and farm the shadowmourne chest. Over the course of the last year or so i finished 4 shadowmournes and 2 are still work in progress. Quite a decent side income.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-07-29 at 12:09 AM.