Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How was it that almost 100% of peple predicting horde would win was right even before the series started?, oh that's right because if you did not know Horde would win you have not played WoW before.

Also both bikes are mother trucking ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You can believe that if you want, I guess. But that's not how mount collecting works.

Its literally how i got my achivements, I was 2 short of the achivement and logged into my warlock to get the achivement. But if you want to sit around and toss your victim cards arund like they are going out of style be my guest.

It's not sham or unfair. It's just not a real contest.

Why do you assume I play Alliance? I'm only allowed to complain if I'm the affected party?
    How is it not a real contents? LOL?

They said pick between A or B and people chose. I assume you play alliance because you are whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mainly Alliance. Voted for Horde trike even though it's a bike contest but eh. Horde one looked like something an Orc would sport(since Horde generally means zug zug huts and spikes nowadays apparently). Alliance one was just awful. Seriously, look just to refresh your memory.

vs.

Would you honestly sport that "Alliance" bike? It's hideous. The Horde trike(again, not a bike) looks like it could actually fit at the very least. The Alliance one looks like a chrome Mantid/Silithid/Nerubian abomination with an Alliance insignia on it. The double tank treads on it doesn't help either. Looks awkward.

But hey a free mount is a free mount I suppose. Will snag it on Horde characters but probably not use it. Depends.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2014-07-28 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Except you can't ride it and your mount count isn't account bound. There are character specific mounts (eg CM, PvP) and faction specific mounts (eg this bike).
    Why does the mount count on one specific character matter if you can get the achievements cross character. The argument you are making is pedantic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Competitive mount collectors are irritated due to the faction mount total becoming imbalanced. So. There is that.
    How both sides can and will get the mount.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Blizzard sure won the culture war with having cash shop in a game where you buy the box and have a subscription requirement. Ppl somehow were made to accept it not being completely insane.
    Isn't it just the saddest thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    How was it that almost 100% of peple predicting horde would win was right even before the series started?, oh that's right because if you did not know Horde would win you have not played WoW before.

Also both bikes are mother trucking ugly!
    Alliance has more players, alliance players can only blame themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Competitive mount collectors are irritated due to the faction mount total becoming imbalanced. So. There is that.
    Competitive mount collectors always had to roll both factions if they were you know being competitive. So. There isn't that.

I liked the alliance bike, other than the stupid wheels those things were stupid imo, otherwise i liked the alliance bike much more. But yeah it was stated that whichever won it would go to that faction, yeah everyone knew it was gonna be horde anyways but what can you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde Bike just looked better. The Alliance one was lame.

Post like this seem to be created with the intention of just stirring the pot. Bliizz made a contesting saying whichever bike won the popular vote they were going to put it in the game. The bikes came out, one was god awful, we voted and its done. I see nothing in there about Blizz being Horde favored and the contest being rigged. If you dont like the results, suck it up. Doesnt really effect you all that much, Im sure you will still sleep soundly at night.

I'm playing mostly on alliance side and voted for the horde bike because it simply looks better. There's no conspiracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who didn't think the horde was going to win from the beginning are deluding themselves.

It was a dead give away who would win. Also throw in if you watch the shows the horde bike got double the air time of the alliance one if not more. I dont give a crap cause both look like crap but the point of people saying Blizzard favors Horde can be clearly seen in the air time on the shows alone.

Also no way in hell is the alliance one a bike. It might pass off as a snow mobile maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Anyone who didn't think the horde was going to win from the beginning are deluding themselves.
    Why? Couldn't alliance players vote for their mount? Considering there are more players on the alliance side, they should have won.

Deleted
    You can have cloud serpents of surten characters, but you cant use them if you dont have the rep,
    You can have engineering mounts, but cant use them if you dont have the skill
    Same goes for tailoring mounts

Also.. in total.. Alliance have had 2 more mounts in the games history than Horde have ever had. It's more fair that horde gets an exclusive one, if anything

I voted for the Horde Trike, cough cough multiple times , because it looks like an Orc peon with really bad taste, might just consider riding it, whereas the Alliance bike doesn't look usable at all. Now if the Alliance bike had big shiny chrome wheels, I would have voted for it in an instant.

Seriously, Blizzard need to learn that tank tracks just look stupid on a bike.

Still, looking forward to a repeat of the TRH aka Shiny Pony situation, whereby any Horde caught riding that unsightly cross between Johnny Five and an Ogres love toy is going to get ganked repeatedly. I will be parking my Alliance rogue in a Horde levelling area ready to begin the killing
    Last edited by Lyllian; 2014-07-28 at 07:55 AM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This "contest" was always just a PR stunt to advertise the new Horde bike. Horde pride vs Alliance apathy, gee I wonder who's gonna win an out-of-game poll. On top of that, the Allinace back looked like shit. Color it purple and it would be a silithid bike.
    This.

Plus, it's all marketing and filler to keep us entertained.
    I dont know how to build a bike, but I can tell you that both those bikes looked like crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Its literally how i got my achivements, I was 2 short of the achivement and logged into my warlock to get the achivement. But if you want to sit around and toss your victim cards arund like they are going out of style be my guest.

How is it not a real contents? LOL?

They said pick between A or B and people chose. I assume you play alliance because you are whining.
    I guess you don't have any capacity to take anything but literal. It's not a real contest because the Horde were always going to win. It's not a surprise, anyone with a spinal cord could tell you that.

The Alliance bike looks like shit. The Alliance generally have very little faction pride. The Alliance have terribly boring thematics. Why would anyone bet that they'd win this "contest"?

Its literally how i got my achivements, I was 2 short of the achivement and logged into my warlock to get the achivement.
    Okay, again that's how achievement works... Unless you have a character specific mount, or a class specific mount, or a faction specific mount, and it does nothing for your overall ranking on mount collections. The 200 mount achievement is really jack shit for mount collectors.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-07-28 at 08:09 AM.

I guess you don't have any capacity to take anything but literal. It's not a real contest because the Horde were always going to win. It's not a surprise, anyone with a spinal cord could tell you that.

The Alliance bike looks like shit. The Alliance generally have very little faction pride. The Alliance have terribly boring thematics. Why would anyone bet that they'd win this "contest"?
    Hindsight is 20/20, you can make claims after the fact very easily, but its ridiculous to claim that the faction with less players was going to 100% win.

There is no backing to your statement, just repeating something ad nauseam doesn't make it true.