Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Esolive started now with information about endgame revamp & champion system!

http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios

- - - Updated - - -

Wrothgar is the next zone that is going to be released.
    Yay for Wrothgar!

They need to just redo the entire game from the ground up. I don't see it lasting a year from now. Take a page from Final Fantasy and just apologize to the fans for putting out a poor quality product and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    They need to just redo the entire game from the ground up. I don't see it lasting a year from now. Take a page from Final Fantasy and just apologize to the fans for putting out a poor quality product and try again.
    They more or less have been. You must not have played since launch.

10 charsofdoom

I'm sure he was speaking in the name of President of Pakistan.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Of course that is just our opinion. Care to come up with subscription numbers?

How is this game now? I played launch and enjoyed the questing and the zones but I'm wondering if it's worth it to come back now or wait for some more changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    How is this game now? I played launch and enjoyed the questing and the zones but I'm wondering if it's worth it to come back now or wait for some more changes?
    How long after launch did you quit?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    They more or less have been. You must not have played since launch.
    Played through beta and 5 months of game after launch. Hardly anything has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Of course that is just our opinion. Care to come up with subscription numbers?

How is this at all relevant?

Huh? For the game which came out in this year the subscription numbers is a direct indicator of its quality, and those who is going to defend it has to provide it as a proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    How long after launch did you quit?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the next update.
    I stopped playing late May if I remember correctly.

Huh? For the game which came out in this year the subscription numbers is a direct indicator of its quality, and those who is going to defend it has to provide it as a proof.
    game never feels empty and I would link current sub numbers if zos ever put them out. besides I enjoy it and so do many other people. I will call it out on it's faults and I have before.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-12-21 at 08:19 AM.

Nah, using popularity as an indicator of quality is worse than just faulty logic; it's detrimental to your mental health. It's true that some of our best artists and thinkers were famous in their time, but there are also many who did not become popular or renowned in their own time, but post-humously. Conversely, there are many examples of people being famous, not because of being good at what they do, but just being in the right place at the right time to gain public attention. I'm not going to name any names, but I'm sure you can think of at least one.

ESO is a niche game, but it is very good at what it does, and if it doesn't move you, then that's fine; you're just not the target audience for it. For me, I subbed to it for the last three months even without having played it, simply because I want for there to be more games like this.

The burden of "proof", if something can even be called "proof" about something so subjective, lies totally in the hands of the detractors. It's something called "innocent until proven guilty". If you enjoy something, great. If you don't personally enjoy something, fine. But if you're going to say something is objectively bad, then it's you who needs to provide some evidence for that.

Deleted
    Don't bother replying to Tackhisis, he's a troll and has been so since beta. He seriously doesn't care about answers, he posts his shit and leaves / replies with more trolling.

Ontopic : A bunch of stuff has changed, but the only major problem Eso had was it's endgame the rest of the game was in a good place from the start, so why bother to rebuild it all?

10+ Year Old Account
    can't believe there is still no damn lfg tool

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    can't believe there is still no damn lfg tool
    say what now? or do you mean how it's kind of iffy on how well it works right now cause there is a lfg tool.

I still think ESO's the best MMO on the market. If you want real immersion, the kind that comes from storytelling and engaging gameplay, there simply isn't any better choice, IMO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I still think ESO's the best MMO on the market. If you want real immersion, the kind that comes from storytelling and engaging gameplay, there simply isn't any better choice, IMO
    FFXIV the first time to level cap is pretty good as far as story immersion goes, but SW:ToR the first time through each faction is bar none the best leveling, story telling and engaging gameplay I've ever experienced. But, I am a huge Star Wars fan, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. YMMV.

ESO does do questing and story quite well, but that's about it, IMO. The other aspects of the game such as grouping and combat specifically, are just done better in other games. I'm not monetarily able to have more than 1 MAYBE 2 subs at a time going, and those ESO was just not strong enough to keep mine.

That said, I highly look forward to the Justice System and the introduction of the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild because of what that means for the game and will re-sub when they're introduced to check it out.

Deleted
    Eso combat is the thing I like most about the game. They took what worked in GW 2 and improved it (as in gw 2 I got bored of it around 40), I really don't mind the current combat system.

the combat seems to be a very subjective thing. It is my biggest problem with the game, so much so that I can't play it for very long because of it.