Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thychiz View Post
    n most cases this is something that separates the "men" from the "boys". The ability to either stick something out/at least give it a proper try, or have the honesty and decency to end it rather than cheating is something guys are starting to lack more and more.
    LOL what a load of horseshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    He attributed people's ability to commit to relationships to disposability of things, particularly goods and services.

He never said anything about a moral decline.
    And can that not be counted as some form of moral decline? Even with a sentence like work and sacrifice diminishing, is that not counted as some form of moral decline?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2015-01-01 at 10:32 PM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Cheating in the face of abuse and using it as a way to get out is perfectly acceptable. I see abuse as voiding any loyalty the person deserves.
    Some do, some don't. I fear my opinion will serve only as well as it did in the discussion prior... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    And can that not be accounted as some form of moral decline? Even with a sentence like work and sacrifice diminishing, is that not counted as some form of moral decline?
    I see.

10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Genuine curious question I have been thinking about more recently. I've been single 9 years, a big chunk by choice. I've been in five relationships, two cheated and one left me for another guy but recently (probably because i'm getting older) I seemingly now know more people in relationships than not. What surprised me was how many of them admitted to me they have cheated or would. Now the people admitting were all guys (some gay some straight). When asked why the answer was always because sex became stale in relationship. Is this really common?
    I've been with my wife for 3 years and almost 5 months, we got married in September 2014.

I haven't cheated on her, I think it really depends on how mature you are and if you truely want to be in a relationship. If you plan to cheat, don't be in a relationship... Simple as that
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I see.

10 char.
    Even then, it is ultimately guessing from both parties, and I might have been a little harsh in the writing of my disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    Sex became stale? Lol.

For me and my wife sex started out being stale and only has gotten better. I don't personally know anyone shallow or sex crazed enough to leave their wife over sex.
    I've broken off relationships because the sex was boring as all hell and there was no way to improve it as my other wasn't interested in doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It seems to me that unfaithful partners are common regardless of gender.
    This.

I just /spit on them and go about my business. I won't be unfaithful, and rather obviously believe it's a contemptible thing to do, but not much I can personally do about it.

Cheaters are scum. If all you want is sex, don't string people along. People who pull that shit really deserve to be beaten to within an inch of their life Batman style.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We'll yes it can become that, but it shouldn't be assumed it will happen because opposite gender. It's up to the whiner to know when to back off.
    I see what you mean. But the problem is, if you're in a hetero relationship, it would be more likely that your parter would leave you for someone of their opposite gender. As in, a hetero girl whining to another girl would be unlikely to result in cheating. But a hetero girl whining to a dude could much more easily result in cheating.

But I still think you shouldn't be whining to your friends in the first place. Work things out with yourself and your partner.. just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faithful men aren't rare. Faithful men aren't interesting to talk about. Unfaithfulness is an interesting topic of conversation, that's why you hear about it so much more often. No one's going to shake your hand and give you a medal for doing what you're supposed to do (being faithful.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy, I've been in two relationships - one lasting about 2 years, one lasting about 5. Both cheated on me. I have never, ever, not ONCE, even THOUGHT about cheating. If I really got to a point in a relationship where I felt the need to seek company elsewhere, it's rather obvious the relationship isn't worth holding on to, and I'd just end it.

Been single 9 years now, even though my friends have tried so hard to get me to go out and find me a girl. I'm just tired of the game. I would love more than anything to find someone to spend the rest of my life with, but from both my experiences and the ones I've seen, I have just given up all hope of this ever happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm a guy, I've been in two relationships - one lasting about 2 years, one lasting about 5. Both cheated on me. I have never, ever, not ONCE, even THOUGHT about cheating. If I really got to a point in a relationship where I felt the need to seek company elsewhere, it's rather obvious the relationship isn't worth holding on to, and I'd just end it.

Been single 9 years now, even though my friends have tried so hard to get me to go out and find me a girl. I'm just tired of the game. I would love more than anything to find someone to spend the rest of my life with, but from both my experiences and the ones I've seen, I have just given up all hope of this ever happening.
    You shouldn't give up on hope... I pretty much did for a long while. Then an opportunity showed up, and for which ever reason, completely out of character for me, I took it... and now I can't imagine my life otherwise. Don't give up, is what I want to say, no matter how hopeless or grim it may seem, keep you mind open to opportunity, now matter how scarce it may seem (which felt like a shot in the dark for me, in all honesty >.< ).
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now the people admitting were all guys (some gay some straight). When asked why the answer was always because sex became stale in relationship. Is this really common?
    Well, relationships are like boxes. You can only take out what you put in.

A lot of people are insanely mundane. I wouldn't expect them to know how to keep momentum in a relationship. I'm just glad that they stopped marrying each other because most of them are too stupid to earn a decent wage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a faithful man. Unless you mean religious then no I am not a faithful man.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well, relationships are like boxes. You can only take out what you put in.

A lot of people are insanely mundane. I wouldn't expect them to know how to keep momentum in a relationship. I'm just glad that they stopped marrying each other because most of them are too stupid to earn a decent wage.
    What does this have to do with the post you quoted?

...so many things about this post that irks me that I don't know where to start. First there is the sanctimonious tone. Then the martyrdom and finishing it up with a poor me and some relation ship morals from a single guy....

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're a rarity. They're just not interesting to talk about.

I can relate to this somewhat, as I've been in a relationship of 4+ years where she ended up cheating. All I can say is that you just can't let the negativity break you. If you give up on people, then you let it win.

Dating someone who ended up being shitty, or having bad taste in women in general (which is basically how I feel) doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of good ones out there. Quite honestly, the best way of finding one is just to be the most positive version of yourself that you can. That means not letting the bullshit get to you, and shrugging off failed relationships that are not meant to be. Learn from your mistakes, and keep on truckin'.

One thing that I like to tell myself is that life doesn't give a shit whether I end up happy. Plenty of people live and die in this world without ever finding purpose or happiness. It's all up to us to find it for ourselves, and that means not giving up.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lol at all those that brought in different cultures, different views, genetics and the likes.

If you don't want to be serious, you tell your "partner" beforehand. We're civilized people in a (mostly) civilized world, we're talking about individuals and not species. If you cheat on someone you're a dick, plainly.