Deleted

New item upgrades at Blackrock?

Hello,

today I was thinking: Will there be new item upgrades for out crafted gear once Blackrock is released?
    Could someone from the beta tell me? Or did I oversee such announcement?

Because if there will be new upgrades, I guess the amount of "Hexweave Cloth (e.g.)" will be at 300. So it might be a good idea to start collecting them instead of selling items on the auction house.
    What about savage blood? Do you think it will be replaced by another resource?

I kinda hope the will upgrade them.

Atm you can only equipe 3 crafted items.
    If blackrock doesn't give any new upgrades the value will be close to nothing ( maybe pregear for itemlevel so you can run LFR on a new char )
    I myself hope the will make a new craftable upgrade item and reduce the mats / cost of the current ones.

With this you could more easely make those 3 pieces and upgrade them to be relevent for the new tier.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    New crafted items are added generally each raid tier. We're still in the first one, so no I don't think we're going to get any new ones before 6.2
    Pretty much this. Highmaul and BRF are both Tier 17, and the item levels in BRF only go up by 10 in each difficulty between the two. 650 LFR, 665 Normal and 695 Mythic. A maxed out crafted item, 655 weapon, 665 armor, 670 trinket, is 100% useful and relevant to raid with in BRF.

We had a much larger item level gap going into Highmaul. Sure some people were able to buy up the super expensive BoEs and crafted upgrades, but the vast majority of players were walking into Highmaul Normal somewhere between 620 and 640. By comparison, even someone who just raids normal Highmaul can walk into normal BRF at 655+.

As someone who actually likes the new profession system, I really don't see them adding higher ilvl crafted items until Tier 18. And when they do, it will be all new items since most people will have vendored or disenchanted their old crafted items by then.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

I doubt that they would add Stage 4 upgrades.. I think it's more likely that they'll add new recipes similar to the way crafted epics worked in previous expansions: Patterns drop from raids, the items are raid-level gear, and only a couple gear slots. They would likely use the current cooldown-generated materials.

There will not be any new upgrades most and savage bloods will stay, seeing as blizzard won't rebuild the garrison building system just like that because they want a new crafting reagent...

Im sure there will be new items to craft, but they will require new mats. Blizzard won't let us stockpile and craft everything at the first day and make all those shiny new stuffs go for coppers on AH. Just like in MoP, first we had Imperial Silk then Celestial Cloth came with SoO release

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Im sure there will be new items to craft, but they will require new mats. Blizzard won't let us stockpile and craft everything at the first day and make all those shiny new stuffs go for coppers on AH. Just like in MoP, first we had Imperial Silk then Celestial Cloth came with SoO release
    not when BRF gets released, as that will require no patch. it will simply open, it's already patched in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    I kinda hope the will upgrade them.

Atm you can only equipe 3 crafted items.
    If blackrock doesn't give any new upgrades the value will be close to nothing ( maybe pregear for itemlevel so you can run LFR on a new char )
    I myself hope the will make a new craftable upgrade item and reduce the mats / cost of the current ones.

With this you could more easely make those 3 pieces and upgrade them to be relevent for the new tier.
    I highly doubt they will add any more upgrades for them. I don't think there will be any additional crafted gear for Blackrock - its still part of T17 and 670 gear is still relevant for BRF as well. In future raid tiers we will likely see more crafted gear, but it will almost be guaranteed to be based on its own mats, not building upon the current gear. That's how it has worked in the past, and adding stage 4+ would just mean a big long line of going through all the previous crafted stages to get to it. Crafted gear always gets outpaced by raid gear, that's just how it works. The good thing about what Blizzard has done with this gear is that its usable at 91, so it will continue to have some value for leveling alts (particularly weapons or trinkets) whereas a lot of previous crafted gear wasn't at all useful past its raid tier as LFR and other catch-up mechanisms were usually about as good for new alts/players hitting max level.